Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Wasn't asking you, fatso
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

DasNutNock wrote:Looking at a season's best for my morning run today. Really motoring, a good 10-15 seconds per km quicker than I've been for months. Sadly, I forgot to plug my phone in, so Strava only recorded 80% of it and therefore uploaded some questionable numbers to my profile. Bah.
Agree with this .... the run might as well have not happened if it wasn't recorded properly. My phone ran out of juice 12miles into a half marathon once. I was pretty grumpy at that point anyway as I was running low on energy, but I was in a foul mood when Runkeeper stopped .... I felt like I ran across the line with one of those comedy dark clouds above my head!!
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

I'm going to pick up a motor today that needs a bit of work doing on it - a proper bargain that's not going to need much done to it, and I will make around 600 quid on it when I flog it. It' has a flat battery, and I am going to need to jump it -and somewhere in the house/garage I have two sets of jump leads - but can't find either set and it's doing my nut in.

I just know when I go and buy a new set, I will find them...

EDIT: Found the ****ers! :scarfer:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

You are Mike Brewer and I claim my dodgy tax disc
delbert
Has liked: 699 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

DasNutNock wrote:It's basically used to describe how school run mums dress, especially round my neck of the woods. They do it so they can tacitly signal to one another that they are high status wives because they don't have jobs to go to, and can spend all day in the gym.
Don't knock it mate. The alternative is the low status mums round my way who do similar in their dressing gowns to tacitly signal to the other butter legged lazy slags that they also don't have to work and are quite happy sitting at home all day poncing benefits, smoking and fudding themselves off over Jeremy Kyle......
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

A fair point, but this lot don't look healthy or happy. They just look frigid and joyless.
Etonhammer
Location: Laid on the floor seeing 'Jesus saves' painted by an atheist nutter
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Etonhammer »

delbert wrote: Don't knock it mate. The alternative is the low status mums round my way who do similar in their dressing gowns to tacitly signal to the other butter legged lazy slags that they also don't have to work and are quite happy sitting at home all day poncing benefits, smoking and fudding themselves off over Jeremy Kyle......
:lol: where do you live again?
delbert
Has liked: 699 likes
Total likes: 697 likes

Post by delbert »

Upper Dagenham mate, more commonly known as the African Republic of Barking.....
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

Mo Farah's family
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

DasNutNock wrote:A fair point, but this lot don't look healthy or happy. They just look frigid and joyless.
They're broken, full of self loathing, unable to find their place in the world, desperate to signal to those around them that they are "better", hoping that the facade of physical fitness will prevent others from seeing the fetid void where their soul should be.

On another topic, very sorry to hear about your expensive gadget failing to record your personal best on your run to work.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

No offence.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

It wasn't as if I wasn't expecting it , but on the very day we're packing the car about to set off for Northumberland for a week's holiday the letter telling me that I'm going into hospital to have my gallbladder removed arrived [ going in on the 23rd August ] - my pre-op was back in March 14th - ah well , hopefully everything will go ok and put a stop to any more blocked bile ducts .
All grapes to be sent to Raigmore Hospital , visitors welcome .
chelmsfordhammer91
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 569 likes

Post by chelmsfordhammer91 »

All the best TOMOS
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1209 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Best wishes Peter,enjoy your holiday in the frozen North, and get well soon.
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 506 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

With my sister at a double cash point. Next think we know a brand new beemer screeches up, a chinese guy hops out, stuff his card in presses his pin and leaves. My sister realises the guy has forgotten his money, picks up the cash (about £300) and rushes to his car to give it to him just before he screeches away. She taps on his window and he grabs the cash and with a "Nice one babe!" he ****'s off. Not a thank you, the offer of a reward - nothing.

She was upset that she wasn't thanked more than anything and even more upset when I said "If I was you, I would have kept it!" ;)
'Appy 'Ammer
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by 'Appy 'Ammer »

WHU Independent wrote:With my sister at a double cash point. Next think we know a brand new beemer screeches up, a chinese guy hops out, stuff his card in presses his pin and leaves. My sister realises the guy has forgotten his money, picks up the cash (about £300) and rushes to his car to give it to him just before he screeches away. She taps on his window and he grabs the cash and with a "Nice one babe!" he ****'s off. Not a thank you, the offer of a reward - nothing.

She was upset that she wasn't thanked more than anything and even more upset when I said "If I was you, I would have kept it!" ;)

A Chinese Takeaway
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Sunburn. I am currently sporting a beetroot face, resplendent with white sunglasses marks and a crescent where my baseball cap was.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Monkeybubbles wrote:No offence.
None taken. It's a work phone. As if I'd pay for a phone.
Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Clucking Bell »

DasNutNock wrote:A fair point, but this lot don't look healthy or happy. They just look frigid and joyless.
Wearing sports kit at any time other than when you're actually participating in sport ought to be a burning at the stake offence.