Summer Transfer Window 2017

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2017

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Ferghouli will be replaced. Hopefully an upgrade. Shouldn't be too tricky. I hoping we keep Koyate. Him obaing and William C in midfield will be too strong for the majority of teams.
McKnightmare
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by McKnightmare »

Logical way this plays out would be for us to replace Feghouli with Jota. I'd be happy with that.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Nick Sneddon wrote:'
Bristol"And if you do it again, it will be the last time. This thread is difficult enough to moderate without people trying to be clever.

Back on topic please

:dumb:'

ok point taken - it was just a take on some of the posts I've seen on here. I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest he may be unhappy or wants to leave, and yet some seem to be pretty adamant he's going because a player in another team which we shouldn't care about is prolly go to Barca. its bizarre
I agree I saw it as pure satire. Who needs the Edinburgh Festival.

Back on theme, I wonder if today's match will help confirm which of the defence/attack/midfield weakness arguments is the stronger. Should be lively later on.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

McKnightmare wrote:Logical way this plays out would be for us to replace Feghouli with Jota. I'd be happy with that.
Me too, it's a punt but I think a worthwhile one certainly if the price is right.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

I see a few places carrying this story about Liverpool and Coutinho.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/tra ... eplacement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, several stories about Newcastle after Wilshere.

http://www.football365.com/news/jack-wi ... ng-arsenal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

The record are reporting that Carvalho will be flying over here tomorrow for a medical on Tuesday... they seem to think deal will close at €35m....
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

What I think is ironic is that a club are playing Liverpool at their own game. They tap up Van Dijk at Southampton then offer an apology stating they'll no longer chase him all the while no doubt thinking that Saints will end up selling him now that he is unsettled.

Now the boot is on the other foot and I think it's quite comical. I actually hope that they sell coutinho and end up not being able to replace him as every team ups their valuations on their players. Whether or not Everton spent wisely or not remains to be seen but can't fault the way they went about their business sorting out signings before selling Lukaku.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Picking up on that Coutinho link above... there are also a few reports saying Barca have given up on Coutinhoandare going after a few other players instead...
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

carnage wrote:Lanzini is not good enough for Liverpool, yet.
Either you don't rate Lanzini much or you think Liverpool are a lot better than they actually are...

Think they will be lucky to get 6th this year unless Spurs choke playing at Wembley

I stand by the fact Lanzini (if continues the way he is) will get an offer from a much bigger club next summer and is the reason I don't think he will move now.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Lanzini 14 goals and 4 assists - Mahrez 27 goals and 16 assists - in the least two years.

Numbers speak for themselves if you're a club with £80m in your pocket, looking for a PL AM.
Believer

Post by Believer »

MD_HM wrote: Either you don't rate Lanzini much or you think Liverpool are a lot better than they actually are...

Think they will be lucky to get 6th this year unless Spurs choke playing at Wembley

I stand by the fact Lanzini (if continues the way he is) will get an offer from a much bigger club next summer and is the reason I don't think he will move now.
Agree on all this. I will say however that if we conclude on Carvalho it may well be that along with Hernandez, Hart and potentially another 1 or 2 that he will feel that we are actually building to be up there with Liverpool and it's not worth moving unless a super power comes in for him and even then that might be another 2 or 3 seasons from now.

I actually believe that Carvalho if we sign him will transform our season. All of a sudden we have a top 6 midfield.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Lanzini is a good player but he has some way to go yet to be considered on a par with Coutinho, Payet, Mahrez, Eriksen etc
Whu_Law23
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by Whu_Law23 »

From that SSN guy Kaveh Solhekol on twitter "Sporting & Portugal midfielder William Carvalho wants to move to West Ham. Built like a wardrobe. Would be one of best deals of the summer"
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Whu_Law23 wrote:From that SSN guy Kaveh Solhekol on twitter "Sporting & Portugal midfielder William Carvalho wants to move to West Ham. Built like a wardrobe. Would be one of best deals of the summer"
Papa Baba Diop finally gets replaced.
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

bubbles1966 wrote:Lanzini is a good player but he has some way to go yet to be considered on a par with Coutinho, Payet, Mahrez, Eriksen etc
Yep. Obviously a very good player for us but he would be a big downgrade on Coutinho, and if they had £100 million to replace him he would be pretty far down the list.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

Lanzini is at the standard Coutinho was two years ago under Brendan Rogers.

He's good for about 10 goals/assists a season - the others mentioned are hitting 15 minimum, 20 often.

He hasn't fully broken through yet. Hopefully, this will be the year.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Believer wrote: Agree on all this. I will say however that if we conclude on Carvalho it may well be that along with Hernandez, Hart and potentially another 1 or 2 that he will feel that we are actually building to be up there with Liverpool and it's not worth moving unless a super power comes in for him and even then that might be another 2 or 3 seasons from now.

I actually believe that Carvalho if we sign him will transform our season. All of a sudden we have a top 6 midfield.
I actually was going to say the same thing but thought it might come across a bit "Spurs" and didn't want to get ahead of ourselves
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

Crewe's number 11 looked like he could be very good.
Believer

Post by Believer »

bubbles1966 wrote:Lanzini 14 goals and 4 assists - Mahrez 27 goals and 16 assists - in the least two years.

Numbers speak for themselves if you're a club with £80m in your pocket, looking for a PL AM.
I'm not sure which site you get the stats from so I may be completely wrong in my thinking here but...How did his stats compare last season to the season before though when he had Kante in his side. I'm guessing he got a lot more in 15/16 ? This is why us signing Carvalho (hopefully) will greatly improve the stats of our attacking players.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Just wondering, have there actually been any links suggesting Liverpool are interested in Lanzini or is it all in people's minds on here?

Edit: Sorry, just googled it and found stories on a few media outlets.
Last edited by Sir_Trevor on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.