Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by sutts07 »

hammerman11 wrote:agree that carvalho and kouyate should be our two DMs
I think we need three not two. We are too soft with just two, no matter which two we pick. Would like to see us start of the vast majority of games in the PL with Carvalho, Kouyate and Noble in the middle. Obiang is pushing that group seriously hard for a place too which is great as not all of them will be available every week.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

sutts07 wrote:
I think we need three not two. We are too soft with just two, no matter which two we pick. Would like to see us start of the vast majority of games in the PL with Carvalho, Kouyate and Noble in the middle. Obiang is pushing that group seriously hard for a place too which is great as not all of them will be available every week.
I agree we are too soft, but I personally think it comes down to discipline within the squad. I've seen Noble try to block shots by jumping up into the air and turning his back about 4/5 times this year. I've seen him turn his back and try dangle his leg out behind him to stop the ball. In pre season against Altona 93, Fernandes literally ran out of the wall to get out of the way of the ball. These are all things you are taught at school and things that managers shouldn't let you get away with. We are doing them week in week out.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I've gotta say, I weren't impressed with Noble today. Not that he made glaring errors like others did (Rice, Lanzini), but it was more the fact he weren't ever looking to take the team by the scruff of the neck when we went 1-0 down much like Hart did with young Rice. It was also very pedestrian and lack of urgency and it didn't come across well at all. I expect a lot better from him and that today wasn't good enough from the Captain.
The Terminator
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 57 likes

Post by The Terminator »

I'm going to put this out there.. Noble never got close to reaching the potential he had as a youngster, I doubt he'd stand out playing in the championship to be honest.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Colours never run wrote:I've gotta say, I weren't impressed with Noble today. Not that he made glaring errors like others did (Rice, Lanzini), but it was more the fact he weren't ever looking to take the team by the scruff of the neck when we went 1-0 down much like Hart did with young Rice. It was also very pedestrian and lack of urgency and it didn't come across well at all. I expect a lot better from him and that today wasn't good enough from the Captain.
He was pretty poor on just about everything, he's lost 2 steps the last 2 years and it shows, not only is he not making plays on the ball in defense, he's not even close enough to make an effort at it. His signature move now is to lose what should be a 50/50 by a full step then stick out a leg to trip the man as he is blown past.
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

I like Mark Noble, but.......

His delivery of the ball at set pieces is awful, so predictable for teams to defend against. Corners or free kicks, always too much air on them giving opposition time to defend them....

He slows our game down, if we are to be moving to the next level with Lanzini, Antonio and Chico providing pace, he needs to be quicker with the delivery of the ball forward, not holding up the play for the opposition to regroup...

Sorry, but I honestly think he shouldn't be in our starting line up, come on to close a game out, yes as this is where slowing the game down counts.

My two cents, cane me if you will, but just putting in out there.
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

Despite the constant attempts by some to give a myriad of excuses for Noble's continued poor to mediocre performances, the fact is sadly that his day is done. I said at the beginning of the season he could be a very useful squad player for us if used correctly - I'm not even sure if he should be that anymore.

A 5/10 performance is now his norm, and 4 or 3/10s are much common than 6 and 7s. Then there's his silly comments which show a completely defeatist and excuse-laden attitude, such as after the match today. Not the attitude a captain should show at all.

Kouyate is clearly better than him. While Obiang and Fernandes haven't had good starts to the season, they have much more potential than Noble. Rice shouldn't really be playing DM but also looks a comfortably better player. That's all before we get in another DM, as we desperately need to.

First and foremost I'd change the captaincy though and give it to Reid.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

dodger wrote:
Kouyate is clearly better than him. While Obiang and Fernandes haven't had good starts to the season, they have much more potential. Rice shouldn't really be playing DM but also looks a comfortably better player. That's all before we get in another DM, as we desperately need to.

In all the showings so far, these have been worse than Noble has shown for each game. Obiang pitiful against Man Utd, Fernandes non existent in all 3. Rice having a mare today. Kouyate and even Lanzini looked piss poor when they came on. That doesn't make them all **** it just makes yours and others claims he's toast when others around him have been playing worse than him. So lets not pretend he's the worse midfielder of the lot from the showings so far, in any of the games.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 691 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

If noble continues to get selected and continues the captaincy, then we get relegated, as simple as that

I've said it before, I'll say it again. He is Nolan without the goals.

Championship standard at best.

Local lad though so understandable that he's been given excuse after excuse, but the excuses have run out now
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

chalks wrote:If noble continues to get selected and continues the captaincy, then we get relegated, as simple as that

I've said it before, I'll say it again. He is Nolan without the goals.

Championship standard at best.

Local lad though so understandable that he's been given excuse after excuse, but the excuses have run out now
Never a truer word spoken

I was more gutted when Tomkins left than I would be if noble had been sold off..........

I remember for years I was wearing the old C&B specs with noble thinking he should play for England... then Downing arrived....................... and you could see a gulf in class of the ability in his passing range and speed as to why noble has never been called up to play for the big boys............

He brings a grand total of nothing to the team..... he isn't even a decent leader on the pitch he just throws himself about recklessly .. should have been sent off at Southampton and showed he was petty today tripping a player who beat him for pace
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I'd now drop him. Nothing to do with his captaincy, his commitment to West Ham or whatever. He's god damn poor in the middle of midfield right now and he needs a stint on the bench
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

You just need to look at his reaction when Rice lost the ball yesterday. He never changed pace, just carried on jogging.
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

chalks wrote:If noble continues to get selected and continues the captaincy, then we get relegated, as simple as that
Agreed. The combination of Noble and Bilic makes it inevitable.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

You can be certain many will have him in the team sheets for our next match
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

DannyboyDJL wrote:He never changed pace, just carried on jogging.

He has no change of pace anymore, and frankly he offers very little to the team. If we must persist with playing two in a 4-2-3-1 formation then they need to be kouyate and Obiang.
Goldcoast Hammer

Post by Goldcoast Hammer »

I have thought he's been passed it for ages, need to drop him now, his first thought is to turn backwards and is so off the pace off the game now. Too many fouls and just not good enough anymore.
Stick him on bench maybe but never again as 1st choice.
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

I love Noble and do think he has earned our respect for his years of loyal service but he never was a great player and he is now so slow and heavy-footed that he is regularly beaten for pace by men carrying the ball.
Ask yourself this question: how much time do opposition managers spend working out how to combat him? He just doesn't offer enough on the pitch.
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Post by chalks »

Ted Fenton wrote: Agreed. The combination of Noble and Bilic makes it inevitable.
Only blessing us that the fraudster scum owners will deserve it

The cancer of our football club
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Post by chalks »

Puff Daddy wrote:You can be certain many will have him in the team sheets for our next match

Which shows how thick some of our support are
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

What I can't get my head around, is that he is seemingly undroppable.

Obiang (a far superior player) has a bad game and is benched by Slav right away.

Stuff like this can't go unnoticed within the squad.

What mess.