Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Topbre_22

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by Topbre_22 »

In terms of work-rate and ground covered, I'd rather go with Obiang and Kouyate although Kouyate gambles a bit too much with his forward runs which then leaves a big hole. I'm not too fussed about all this obsession with passing stats. Yes Noble is probably the best passer in our MF (excluding lanzini) but are they penetrative passes? Is it reflected in his assists? I'm asking the question as I don't have the stats.
If we're going to play with 3 up front I dont think noble can cover the ground playing in a midfield 2.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

West Brom are basic as f**k in midfield, Noble and Obiang should be able to take care of them if we play with wing backs and Antonio causing havoc.
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Topbre_22 wrote:If we're going to play with 3 up front I dont think noble can cover the ground playing in a midfield 2.
He's never had much speed to begin with and at age 30 that's only going to go downhill from hereon in. Noble is in the Kevin Nolan stage of his career imo - he can still do a job for us, but he shouldn't be starting every week
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I'm pleased he didn't play last night, he shouldn't be playing every week and he did ask to be dropped.

Noble should play fewer games and when he does play he'll have better games and last longer as the years go on. Nothing wrong with not being an automatic starter anymore.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

hammers92 wrote:I'm pleased he didn't play last night, he shouldn't be playing every week and he did ask to be dropped.

Noble should play fewer games and when he does play he'll have better games and last longer as the years go on. Nothing wrong with not being an automatic starter anymore.
I am not writing noble off and saying he should be completely gone forever.. he can still do a job but like you say he shouldn't be an auto pic

you could have a home line up and an away line up easily

Drop kouyate back into the back 3 for fonte bringing noble in for away games where its going to be tighter

at home we drop noble in favour of a more up tempo game
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

mumbles87 wrote: Drop kouyate back into the back 3 for fonte bringing noble in for away games where its going to be tighter

at home we drop noble in favour of a more up tempo game
I get where you're coming from there, the only issue would be Kouyate having the brains to understand that, for the good of all involved, that would make sense.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Jumby wrote:
I get where you're coming from there, the only issue would be Kouyate having the brains to understand that, for the good of all involved, that would make sense.
he is a funny player is kouyate.. at the back he is without a doubt our 2nd best defender (reid being the best) he is a man mountain .. stays back where needed.. breaks up play

ask him to do the same in midfield? pfft like asking your dog not to eat an open pack of chicken off the floor....
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Jumby wrote:I get where you're coming from there, the only issue would be Kouyate having the brains to understand that, for the good of all involved, that would make sense.
Kouyate has never once grumbled about playing centre back. We'd know because he made it very clear in those comments over the summer that he had spoken to Slav about not being comfortably shoehorned in at right back.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

Jumby wrote:I get where you're coming from there, the only issue would be Kouyate having the brains to understand that, for the good of all involved, that would make sense.
You don't get so many interceptions or saving tackles without having brains. He complained at being played scapegoat RB, but that seemed common sense for the majority. I see a player with massive heart who willingly covers his team mates, which also requires brains. Maybe you got a hang up with Mn's replacements or senegalesitis. He can fluidly drop into the back line from CM, but his presence is required for CM to press/counter effectively.

3-4-3 or 3-5-2 formations both benefit from Kouyate's strength with him being box2box helping both Defensively & offensively.

Noble doesn't offer enough to displace a trio of OB1/Cheik/Lanzini or OB1/Cheik/Ayew
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I'm not a racist :lol:

I just don't know if Kouyate would be happy playing at the back, but I do think he's very good there.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

brooking1966 wrote:
Noble doesn't offer enough to displace a trio of OB1/Cheik/Lanzini or OB1/Cheik/Ayew

'Maybe you got a hang up with their replacements or Englishitis..' 8-)

Calling out Jumby as a possible racist for having a legit opinion is bang out of order.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Colours never run wrote: 'Maybe you got a hang up with their replacements or Englishitis..' 8-)

Calling out Jumby as a possible racist for having a legit opinion is bang out of order.
Fwiw that's not racism.
brooking1966
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by brooking1966 »

Colours never run wrote:'Maybe you got a hang up with their replacements or Englishitis.
Which Other CM in our squad would you play ahead of OB1/Cheik/Lanzini /Ayew?

FWIW My mum's English/Irish :clap:
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Anyone know what he's out with and how long for?
HammerInMaryland

Post by HammerInMaryland »

Jumby wrote:
Mark Noble should only play in the midfield if there are injuries. We should stay 3-4-3 right now and he is not one of the best 2 CM, at home or on the road.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

brooking1966 wrote:
Which Other CM in our squad would you play ahead of OB1/Cheik/Lanzini /Ayew?

At the moment I'd play the same midfield as last night. I've already stated on another thread earlier today I wouldn't play either Noble or Lanzini even if they're back from injury. I'm not 1 to change a winning side much, if at all.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

hammers92 wrote:.... and he did ask to be dropped.
When was this and where was it confirmed?
Essex C&B

Post by Essex C&B »

I read that he was dropped and then pulled out of training with a slight muscle strain
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

hammer1975 wrote:Anyone know what he's out?
Wilkinitus.
Colours never run

Bilic said it's a minor knee injury he picked up last time out at Newcastle, hence the substitution.