Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

Thekorean
Total likes: 7 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by Thekorean »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it was off-topic. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1294 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Up the Junction wrote:Back on topic please, gentlemen.
Sack the board :)

Well said DC. I have never understood why people are embarrassed by the actions of others. I was embarrassed after one Christmas do when I was later told I hadn't gone for a piss in the urinal but in the restaurant's kitchen's deep fat fryer. I was embarrassed because a) it was me and b) I couldn't even remember doing it until I'd been reminded about it as I'd been so pissed. I deserve to have been embarrassed by that - but I can't be embarrassed by what Gold and Sullivan do, just angered/ disappointed/ non-pleased.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2430 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it was off-topic. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

The bottom line for me with them is that i have no doubt they love West Ham (who couldn't as a unique club eh?)

The biggest problem i have with them is that they love money and saving it far more they do West Ham which is fine just don't ****ing buy the club move it from the home that suits/suited their spend budget.Sell it to someone who wants to invest if necessarily heavily to put a very decent team on the pitch AND maintain that for a longtime success or no success,That is how football has gone and now we are in a stadium that needs some real quality in order to keep 55,000+ bums on seats otherwise the move will be the undoing of it's whole existence.

We were a niche/alternative club to follow, a club that was there to upset the big boys on occasion and sometimes win a cup.Now it's like we've (they have) bigged ourselves up that we're renting a mansion and then invited the rich neighbours around for them to see it well and truly unfurnished and then taken the piss.

They are ALWAYS a season behind in football transfer inflation which is the confirmation of what they love most to me, if this is deemed embarrassing then so be it as i'd be more embarrassed by sucking up the **** they spout for ever more.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

I haven't seen or heard anything from Mr Sullivan today, I would have thought he would in the least congratulated the team.
It takes a real man to admit his mistakes and offer his apologies and his hand in respect. By his actions he has shown that he has little respect for Mr Bilic or the players, normally after a victory the media whore is in full flow.
I don't think I like him very much, I thought he undermined both Slav and the fans on numerous occasions but to fail to congratulate the team in the least is pure infantile behaviour,
Roll on the revolution and then we will see heads roll.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Ozza »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:
Well said DC. I have never understood why people are embarrassed by the actions of others. I was embarrassed after one Christmas do when I was later told I hadn't gone for a piss in the urinal but in the restaurant's kitchen's deep fat fryer. I was embarrassed because a) it was me and b) I couldn't even remember doing it until I'd been reminded about it as I'd been so pissed. I deserve to have been embarrassed by that - but I can't be embarrassed by what Gold and Sullivan do, just angered/ disappointed/ non-pleased.
I like you even more than I did before after that post
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Ozza »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:I haven't seen or heard anything from Mr Sullivan today, I would have thought he would in the least congratulated the team.
It takes a real man to admit his mistakes and offer his apologies and his hand in respect. By his actions he has shown that he has little respect for Mr Bilic or the players, normally after a victory the media whore is in full flow.
I don't think I like him very much, I thought he undermined both Slav and the fans on numerous occasions but to fail to congratulate the team in the least is pure infantile behaviour,
Why are you surprised, he's busting his arse to undermine the manager and has minimal ethical standards, you'll just disappoint yourself thinking that he should be doing anything so reasonable
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 67 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Exiledin cardiff wrote:I haven't seen or heard anything from Mr Sullivan today, I would have thought he would in the least congratulated the team.
To be fair one win against a less than average team doesn't really warrant great congratulations. A good result on Saturday would be a different case.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

johnnyb wrote:
To be fair one win against a less than average team doesn't really warrant great congratulations. A good result on Saturday would be a different case.
It was also Slav's birthday.
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

JohnnyB they can only beat what's infront of them.

Mr Sullivan could have had at least said something positive, He's an self effacing odious little man, who steps into the media spotlight to shaft Bilic at every opportunity, I just think a well done lads would not have gone amiss.
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

I still haven't seen anything from Sully and the only comment I saw from Gold was him replying to a tweet congratulating us on our result last night and all that got was a 'thank you'...

So the guys who run this club and claim to be life long fans can't even put down their guns for Slav and give us a big up for winning... some supporters they are!!

My cynical mind can't help but think everything was lined up for Slav to be sacked last night or this morning if we had lost and their poison minds couldn't just be happy for our club after winning as they were so set with those poison minds and all ready to unleash a big press push as to why he had to go... now that chance has gone for now they are feeling let down they couldn't do it!!!
V-M
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by V-M »

The owners are filth. Whilst I enjoyed last nights victory nothing will ever feel right until this scum have been removed.
hammernsickle
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by hammernsickle »

This is a good example of how their moronic management "style" backfires. If they had the guts to sack Slav, fair enough. But by doing this "You have four games to save your job," every ten games or so, they give the control back to him. Now he's won a game, and they'll look like right pricks if they sack him now. They have eroded whatever respect they had left from the fan base, and are the laughing stock of the league.

Who would want to deal with them now? Who would want to buy West Ham from these clowns? What agent wants to deal with them?

So, so stupid.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1143 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

DaveWHU1964 wrote: I like you even more than I did before after that post
You do realise it was your chips he just pissed on?
Greatest Hits Vol1
Has liked: 438 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Greatest Hits Vol1 »

johnnyb wrote: To be fair one win against a less than average team doesn't really warrant great congratulations. A good result on Saturday would be a different case.
If they are less then average, then why were they unbeaten coming into the match?
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 914 likes
Total likes: 1902 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

I've also been looking out for any congratulations on the performance of the team and manager from our owners but seen nada.

You would think that given the speculation, media coverage, ultimatums, importance of the game and birthday that some statement of support would be the order of the day at well run professional sports clubs.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Mega Ron wrote:It was also Slav's birthday.
not even a cake :(
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Doc H Ball wrote:
You would think that given the speculation, media coverage, ultimatums, importance of the game and birthday that some statement of support would be the order of the day at well run professional sports clubs.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1975 likes
Total likes: 1464 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

DaveWHU1964 wrote:
Good point.

A lot of it is because people are worried about the perception of our club by other supporters. Thats where the "embarrassed" comments come from. They are probably the same people that bitch and moan about how the club is being run, yet still line the pockets of our owners.
S-H
Has liked: 5722 likes
Total likes: 9641 likes

Post by S-H »

West ham fans on Twitter, are an embarrassment.

But then, I guess that's probably the case with most clubs fans on social media!