EFLCR3: West Ham Utd 3-0 Bolton Wanderers (19/09/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Mr_Mercury

Re: West Ham Utd v Bolton Wanderers: match thread

Post by Mr_Mercury »

There was some real potential tonight, some lovely one two passes strung together. A good performace by Arnie and Byram is looking more confident the more he plays. Too early to say but I think Haksabanovic looks lively.

I dont get the oppertunity to go to many West Ham games these days but am making more of an effort, 2 homes games seen this season and two wins.

A bit odd though, I sat in the BML, a couple of guys were shown to there seats at the start of the second half, took a few selfies, got my mate to take a picture then left 10 minutes before the end. Never seen that before at a West Ham game.

A chap broke a chair, had water thrown over him and a mexican luchador all made for an entertaining evening overall.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

We must be getting back on the right track, the sports news report on my local radio station mentioned that there was mixed results last night in the cup games with wins for Tottenham, Palace, Leicester, Swansea, Middlesboro and wait for it................................Burnely and Leeds drew.

Apparently the biggest winners of the night went noticed yet again :D
scottyboy71
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by scottyboy71 »

Mr_Mercury wrote:A chap broke a chair, had water thrown over him and a mexican luchador all made for an entertaining evening overall.
Luchador? I saw a bloke with a claret and blue mexican wrestling mask at the Spurs game last season.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

BoB_On wrote:http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 3-0-bolton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the link mate :thup:
Deepster
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Deepster »

West Ham and Freud wrote:Mental this.

Unfortunate enough that two different types of fan get stuck together in the first place, one spoiling the experience of the other. Gets worse when real life stadium neighbour from hell turns up sat behind you online still refusing to budge.

Deepster, you might want to try another seat. This is because on the whole unless played in parks by children and in the absence of their parents football is sh**. It is also because crowds of adult men watching football have a high propensity towards madness relieved only by making other people feel bad about themselves - Tottenham fans are a good example.

My advice would be for deepster to avoid the hell out of westhamdhares. Not because westhamshares has done anything wrong. Just because deepster you are sensitive and you belong a little bit further from the action.

Either that or deepster you should go back to the same seat next week dressed as a friend not saying a word. Deepster could then come back here and tell us what westhamshares has been going on about all night. Might put the willies up westhamshares for a while but he doesn’t seem like the paranoid type so probs worth a go. Please keep in touch

Am hoping for a good cup run, so me and the boy can try before we buy next season, in various sections of the ground.

Personally I can not understand making the effort to attend the match and then treating it as background music to a good chat, but each to his own. If this is the way of the 1966 section, then its not for us.
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

scottyboy71 wrote:
Luchador? I saw a bloke with a claret and blue mexican wrestling mask at the Spurs game last season.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Haha, no that wasn't him. I wish I had taken a picture. There was a chap with a similar mask but it was red, white and green. Also had a mexican flag with him. Caught the match day cameramans attention in front taking a few pics, so he may end up on the website.
Big George
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

ageing hammer wrote:We must be getting back on the right track, the sports news report on my local radio station mentioned that there was mixed results last night in the cup games with wins for Tottenham, Palace, Leicester, Swansea, Middlesboro and wait for it................................Burnely and Leeds drew.

Apparently the biggest winners of the night went noticed yet again :D
That's a classic, oh do please tell me which station that was AH
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Good result last night and a very professional performance too. Thought Haksabanovic and the defenders all looked decent. Ayew seems to be fantastic at turning players but then struggles to actually do anything with it once in space. Sakho worked very hard however his first touch was painfully poor at times. Very impressive attendance especially compared to Spurs. One final thought, Bolton were absolutely dreadful in the first half, I genuinely wouldn't have been able to tell you who was playing centre midfield for them. Frankly if I was one of their fans who travelled all the way down I would have been furious, they didn't even appear to try for the majority of the game.

Job done, on to the next round. Let's hope for another Championship club at home, Bristol City at home would probably be the right amount of 'interest' (expect they would bring a few thousand) but still be winnable.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Have a strong feeling it will be Leicester next, but want Palace, home, or away, it won't matter against them
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

ageing hammer wrote:We must be getting back on the right track, the sports news report on my local radio station mentioned that there was mixed results last night in the cup games with wins for Tottenham, Palace, Leicester, Swansea, Middlesboro and wait for it................................Burnely and Leeds drew.

Apparently the biggest winners of the night went noticed yet again lol
Big George wrote:

That's a classic, oh do please tell me which station that was AH
It's Cork's 96 FM ( the FM stands for Forever Man Utd )

Oddly when ever we lose a game they ALWAYS mention it.

I kid you not they are so biased to Manu that when we beat them 4-0 in the cup ( Johnny Specs scored a couple ) the sports news the next day refused to call out the result all day. It was as if we never played.

Yet when THEY win you get a full match report and an interview with the manager and a few of the goal scorers and some random bloke who was passing the stadium who isn't even a Manu fan and was finishing his night shift ffs :D
Patito

Post by Patito »

I'm gagging for Leeds away next round
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Patito wrote:I'm gagging for Leeds away next round
Great night out, ruined by bad result on the pitch and a miserable ride home for you
Patito

Post by Patito »

Puff Daddy wrote:
Great night out, ruined by bad result on the pitch and a miserable ride home for you

I live in Leeds so I think I'll cope. :)
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Patito wrote:

I live in Leeds so I think I'll cope. :)

OK, so logistically it suits you, but hey ho, let's have a cup run eh ? Leeds would see us as easy meat and would tear at us from the off and two early goals for them would knock the very stuffing out of us. They would prove difficult enough for us at the LS, never mind at Elland Road
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Puff Daddy wrote:Leeds would see us as easy meat and would tear at us from the off and two early goals for them would knock the very stuffing out of us. They would prove difficult enough for us at the LS, never mind at Elland Road
What a weirdly specific fear to have about playing Leeds.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Puff Daddy wrote:

OK, so logistically it suits you, but hey ho, let's have a cup run eh ? Leeds would see us as easy meat and would tear at us from the off and two early goals for them would knock the very stuffing out of us. They would prove difficult enough for us at the LS, never mind at Elland Road

You don't like me do you, Puff?

It's not just logistics it's a proper English football ground against a team with a bit of history. It would be a competitive match and a cracking atmosphere. They've been rubbish last couple of games as well. If we can't beat the likes of leeds then we ain't going to win the thing are we.

I proper hope we get them now :D
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

HammerMan2004 wrote:
What a weirdly specific fear to have about playing Leeds.
You think that's weird? They may be a league below us, but there ain't much, if anything, between us and this lot are not spineless and spiritless like Bolton were last night and you will revise your opinion, should we draw them
Patito

Post by Patito »

They were pretty spineless at the weekend. They mustered 1 off-target shot all game. This is all pretty irrelevant anyway as we're unlikely to draw them.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

It was just the specificity of two early goals being scored against us being problematic, in a hypothetical game that's not been drawn.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Last night shows spurs have 20k hard core fans.They had 3 home games in 6 days,at a neutral stadium that's a pain in the arse to get to.Hence only the most loyal would have rocked up last night.chelsea and manu have similar scenario as in 3 homes games in a week,be interesting to see how many they get in tonight.However it's obviously not a neutral stadium.But spurs attendances have been surprisingly poor so far considering they were getting full houses for a CL dead rubber last season..Guess a lot are just fed up with Wembley.Would be lovely if they have to stay there another season.