EFLCR3: West Ham Utd 3-0 Bolton Wanderers (19/09/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Bolton Wanderers: match thread

Post by sutts07 »

Puff Daddy wrote:You think that's weird? They may be a league below us, but there ain't much, if anything, between us and this lot are not spineless and spiritless like Bolton were last night and you will revise your opinion, should we draw them
They needed pens to beat Burnley last night Puff. I wouldn't be at all disappointed if we drew them at home (think it would be carnage though). Tougher game away (kinda goes without saying) but would still fancy us to get through.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

ageing hammer wrote:We must be getting back on the right track, the sports news report on my local radio station mentioned that there was mixed results last night in the cup games with wins for Tottenham, Palace, Leicester, Swansea, Middlesboro and wait for it................................Burnely and Leeds drew.

Apparently the biggest winners of the night went noticed yet again :D
Indeed no mention whatsoever on 5Live despite pretty much every other result getting one. I suspects if Yeovil had beaten Forest Green 1-0 it would have been a higher priority than us.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Puff Daddy wrote:
"Patito"
I live in Leeds so I think I'll cope. :)

OK, so logistically it suits you, but hey ho, let's have a cup run eh ? Leeds would see us as easy meat and would tear at us from the off and two early goals for them would knock the very stuffing out of us. They would prove difficult enough for us at the LS, never mind at Elland Road
Leeds fans still think Man United are easy meat so hardly a surprise. Mind you one of those might be pure un-mitigating delusion, the other only a slight one. But then some of us remember a certain 7-0 win in our youth to feed our memories.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 3-0-bolton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How on earth Ayew missed that chance in the first half I'll never know.
Also didn't show when Arnautovic beat the offside trap and lifted it over the keeper (and the goal).

Could've easily been 5/6-0 last night.
1860OnceMoore

Post by 1860OnceMoore »

I thought that the team played really well first half then took their foot off the gas second half!

I thought Haksabanovic looked really comfortable first half, seemed to run out of steam a little early doors second half!

Arnie is a very frustrating player to watch, so lazy at times and yet very gifted, two good assists but the one on one with the keeper he went for the showstopper instead of doing the basics - luckily didn't cost us last night!

Ayew was anonymous lots of bluster and huff but no end product, that side foot he put past the post first half was a glorious chance!

Like Bubbles I have a horrible feeling we will get our trip to Wembley but only to play the Spurs in the next round!
njmacleod

Post by njmacleod »

The stewarding around us (BMU) last night was a joke - one steward in particular was letting groups drink pints at the top of stairs in full view of the pitch. Now I don't particularly agree with that rule/law but you cant just stand there and let them blatantly break the rules and block the exits. The steward was fairly young and I guess he may have been intimidated but still. When other fans tried to comment the group of lads just abused them...

Also, a group of young lads a couple of rows behind us were openly smoking weed and singing a particularly tuneless version of 'Bubbles'
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Bobby Moore Upper sounds great
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

sutts07 wrote:Bobby Moore Upper sounds great
:lol:
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

i wish we could replace everyone sitting in silence looking at their phone with people standing around boozing and singing out of tune versions of bubbles.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 841 likes

Post by mushy »

the pink palermo wrote:Decent neat and tidy win for what turned out to be an excellent turn out of over 30,000 .
Newham freebies everywhere in the lower tier last night, not many of them all that interested in the football it would seem, mothers walking round with their babies etc etc.
Didnt the freebies always used to sit at one end?
I wonder if its possible to find out how many they gave away last night, I think I remember Wembley doing a FOI request without much luck.
Mr_Mercury

Post by Mr_Mercury »

njmacleod wrote:The stewarding around us (BMU) last night was a joke - one steward in particular was letting groups drink pints at the top of stairs in full view of the pitch. Now I don't particularly agree with that rule/law but you cant just stand there and let them blatantly break the rules and block the exits. The steward was fairly young and I guess he may have been intimidated but still. When other fans tried to comment the group of lads just abused them...

Also, a group of young lads a couple of rows behind us were openly smoking weed and singing a particularly tuneless version of 'Bubbles'
To me thats sounds like a nightmare, I dont have anything against people drinking (in appropriate areas) but I absolutely hate the smell of weed.

Was obviously a day out for them with the tickets being so cheap.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 841 likes

Post by mushy »

Mr_Mercury wrote:but I absolutely hate the smell of weed.
Always reminds me of lazy Saturday afternoons standing on the Chicken Run.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I was really happy walking out last night, i thought it was a really good, professional performance. We were a lot stronger than Bolton, and for sure they aren't playing well but it doesn't make it any easier when you try to break these teams down when they play deep. I thought the way we played, fast intricate football and our ability to break them down with ease was the biggest positive.

it wasn't the most challenging of evenings for Declan Rice but it was very good to see how physical he is. He was marking a massive lump last night and was physical when he had to be, timing his headers perfectly as well.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

sutts07 wrote:Bobby Moore Upper sounds great
I agree. If we're allowed to do all that I might change my mind about the OS and come back/
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

mushy wrote:Newham freebies everywhere in the lower tier last night, not many of them all that interested in the football it would seem, mothers walking round with their babies etc etc.
Didnt the freebies always used to sit at one end?
I wonder if its possible to find out how many they gave away last night, I think I remember Wembley doing a FOI request without much luck.
sanchoz has been trying to find out the number of Newham freebies for last season from an FOI request:
http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 4#p4973273

They'll give away loads for matches like last night's. Better to use up the freebie allocation with empty seats then ones that they can potentially sell. Also makes the crowd look decent for the cameras and people can go around saying how much a bigger club we are than Spurs - who don't have to give away Brent freebies at Wembley!
DODGYDAL

Post by DODGYDAL »

You think that's weird? They may be a league below us, but there ain't much, if anything, between us and this lot are not spineless and spiritless like Bolton were last night and you will revise your opinion, should we draw them[/quote]

We are a world apart from them, not one of there players gets into our first 11 in fact probably matchday squad. I bet without looking you would struggle to name more than 4/5 players for them
pharaoh
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by pharaoh »

Wembley1966 wrote: They'll give away loads for matches like last night's. Better to use up the freebie allocation with empty seats then ones that they can potentially sell. Also makes the crowd look decent for the cameras and people can go around saying how much a bigger club we are than Spurs - who don't have to give away Brent freebies at Wembley!
Yes but Spurs were selling tickets for £10 adult and £5 kids. Also they got a similar attendance last season for a LC game against Gillingham (From today's Standard).
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

HammerMan2004 wrote:http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 3-0-bolton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How on earth Ayew missed that chance in the first half I'll never know.
Also didn't show when Arnautovic beat the offside trap and lifted it over the keeper (and the goal).

Could've easily been 5/6-0 last night.
I think he only beat it in the sense the lino failed to spot him offside. I thought he was a mile off. (And probably offside for his second assist)
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

When's the draw for the next round?
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Tristan Shout wrote:When's the draw for the next round?
Tonight. After the games.