Rio's becoming a boxer

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Re: Rio's becoming a boxer

Post by Jumby »

“I’ve had my chin tested by a few size 10 football boots but a boxing glove will be a bit different.”

Size 10? Rio, give it a rest :lol:
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

DasNutNock wrote:Do you think David Haye would get much praise if he announced he was going to become a professional footballer?
I don't think Haye would get much praise if he announced he was going to become a professional boxer...

:raver:
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

Stokes however ^^
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Rio's been called out by Jamie Peacock (ex Leeds and GB rugby league player - hard as nails) to fight at the First Direct Arena in Leeds next year for charity. This is going to end in tears for Rio.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

ryanrc wrote:Stokes however ^^
Fights like a right twat, IMO. No head movement, heavy feet, straight-arm punches, off-balance swipes.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Was in the boxing gym yesterday teaching/sparring with these young whipper snappers how easy it is to punch me in the head now, and they didn't stop when I called feign lights either...

Got talking with the trainer (old mate) and I mentioned Rio, he basically said that in between the expletives that this is the last thing boxing needs right now, and Rio against a bang average professional boxer could get hurt, pretty much what many have said. So I hope he does not jump in the ring properly, and I certainly hope he does not do a Freddie Flintoff thing for SKY.