NFL Thread 2017/18

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Nesticles

Re: NFL Thread 2017/18

Post by Nesticles »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Better of drinking in Baker St beforehand surely? Unless you want to go into the Ibis hotel? That was where i had a beer last time.

Cheers I may consider Baker Street actually or even Harrow

Ideally, the weather behaves itself and we can just 'tailgate' as that has been really decent the last few years
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

Crystals is a great option. Not known by many. £2 a can obviously not great, but literally a 60 second walk up the steps to the turnstiles.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Some surprising results again this weekend. Didn't see New England losing for example. My boys the Rams came from behind to beat Dallas. In dreamland at the moment. I can see us maintaining it too. Up next the ShiteHawks :D
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:Some surprising results again this weekend. Didn't see New England losing for example. My boys the Rams came from behind to beat Dallas. In dreamland at the moment. I can see us maintaining it too. Up next the ShiteHawks :D
With the way your season is going so far and our run game not exactly hitting the ground running (especially with rookie RB Carson out with a broken ankle) I can't see beyond the Cleveland/LA/SL/LA Rams.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

i think it was a broken leg plus ankle sprain for carson.
it looked so bad it could have been worse, i guess he got lucky the leg broke or he wouldn't have a knee anymore.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Giants season now something out of the twilight zone. Have never seen a team lose 4 WR in one game. OBJ and Brandon Marshall officially done for the year, probably same fate for Dwayne Harris, who returns punts and kickoffs. Sterling Sheppard best of the bad news is out 3 weeks. Not helping matters is that defense has suddenly forgotten how to rush the QB or tackle in general. And don't get me started on the coach - third game in a row he passed on even attempting a FG and in each game that would have been the difference between winning and losing. 3-2 is way different than 0-5. Unsurprisingly, the NY media is having a feeding frenzy.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

This year seems to be a lot more difficult to call in terms of results. I had a 6-8 record this weekend. I've never had more losses than wins :?
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

^ you're just getting old :wink:

now i shouldn't really laugh being a 49er, but the giants being so ***** is really ****ing funny (though i'm sorry for the injuries)
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

warp wrote:^ you're just getting old :wink:

now i shouldn't really laugh being a 49er, but the giants being so ***** is really ****ing funny (though i'm sorry for the injuries)
The Giants-Niners game could easily end up being the Suck for Sam Darnold Bowl. It's one of the few games left on the schedule where it seems the Giants have much of a shot. Cardinals are falling apart, and the Raiders aren't the same team without Derek Carr. Any other win would be a major upset at this point.

Your winnable games are against the Bears, Cardinals, Titans and, of course, the Giants.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Not sure if this is the right place (or allowed) but I have two spare tickets for Cardinals @ Rams act Twickenham on Sunday. Face value £48 each. Will take £60 the pair. PM me if interested.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Surprised Ron and Warp have not made any comments, but what a game last night between the Raiders and Chiefs. Absolutely amazing.
warp

Post by warp »

^ watched the first half, was too pissed to stay up for the second. shame!
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

warp wrote:^ watched the first half, was too pissed to stay up for the second. shame!
You need to find a replay mate. Last few minutes was superb drama.
Beast mode- what a head case.
warp

Post by warp »

will do mate, cheers! Image
Vince wrote:Beast mode- what a head case.
yea' but did you see his acceleration out of the sideline? he still has it! Image
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Tony Corrente's crew working their end zone magic in the Meadowlands for the second week in a row. :arry:

Regardles, Giants are a steaming pile. Will be an interesting bye week.

A couple more QB's knocked out this week. Palmer probably done at least 8 weeks in Arizona. Cutler with a serious injury tbd for the Fish, who play again on Thursday.

Not injured but Kizer pulled by the Browns. After the game it was revealed he was out clubbing into the wee hours Friday into Saturday, already looking like another success story in Cleveland. Not many opportunities ahead on the schedule for them. Maybe Green Bay who looked pretty anemic with their backup QB?

And speaking of winless teams, the 49ers looked awful. Good thing for them they have the Giants at home coming up. That's at least one win.
WHU_Del
Location: In the words of William Morris: 'I come not from Heaven, but from Essex'.

Post by WHU_Del »

Three shutouts so far this weekend. That's got to be a rarity!
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

WHU_Del wrote:Three shutouts so far this weekend. That's got to be a rarity!
Definitely! Atlanta almost made it 4.

Week 11 of 2006 season there were also 3:

Rams 0
Panthers 15

Bears 10
Jets 0

Patriots 35
Packers 0
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 924 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Starting to get into NFL after having not paid much attention since it first aired on Channel 4 back in the 80's. I picked the 49ers as a team back then as I'd managed to get hold of a shirt and liked their colours. They had a bit of success then with Joe Montana, Steve Young and Jerry Rice - but appear to be complete bobbins at the moment. Somewhat unsurprisingly then that I managed to get tickets to see them play the Jaguars when I go over to California at Xmas ... also a surprise to me that they play 40 miles away from San Francisco in San Jose!

It was the stop start nature of the games that put me off back in the day - something that you never got watching Channel 4 highlights shows. Maybe that's the reason that I quite enjoy The Red Zone on Sky.
warp

Post by warp »

pablo jaye wrote:I picked the 49ers as a team back then as I'd managed to get hold of a shirt and liked their colours.
you scouser in disguise!
i blame rice too for my 49eritude.
now we're just comical, hopefully we'll have a good early pick in the draft next season. and cousins.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Those are pink jerseys.

Just sayin'