UFC

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bunk
Total likes: 336 likes

Re: UFC

Post by bunk »

I've somehow managed to not watch any of the fights, with exception of Lawler - Cowboy (and Jones' knock out). A good old brawl, not quite on the level of some of Lawlers passed fights but still thoroughly enjoyable. Cerrone had a decent game plan to be fair, but Lawler i think edged it just about. Will try and watch the main event tonight.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

somerset-hammer wrote:
Despite How you feel about both men, what a fight that would be.
I still maintain that Lesnar doesn't really love actual fighting. Yes he looks big and fierce but he lacks real heart.

Jones is a nasty piece of work in the Octagon and at 225 potentially, I can see him ****ing Lesnar's **** up.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

White Goodman wrote:
I still maintain that Lesnar doesn't really love actual fighting. Yes he looks big and fierce but he lacks real heart.

Jones is a nasty piece of work in the Octagon and at 225 potentially, I can see him ****ing Lesnar's **** up.

I suppose when you have worked in an entertainment industry where the aim is to not injure your opponent, then going to MMA where the aim is completely different, switching that mindset on and off must be quite difficult, I guess.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

The only time he demonstrated real heart was when he faced Carwin. To be fair, that was a great fight and Lesnar did brilliantly to weather that storm and win in the second.

When he faced Overeem and Cain, his fear of getting punched became all too clear. No-one likes getting hit in the face, but you won't have a long career if you can't find a way to deal with it.

Jones ought to win that fight, but we're still talking about a huge weight disparity, which can't be ignored. Potentially 5 stone on fight night. But if Bones finds his range, it's difficult to see Brock doing anything other than running away and shrieking "not in the face!", before pissing hot again. Would be amusing to see Jones get dropped on his head though :)
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

De Ja Vu

Jon Jones fails another drugs test after UFC 214 been stripped of the title. Again :arry:
S-H

Post by S-H »

Slacking student wrote:De Ja Vu

Jon Jones fails another drugs test after UFC 214 been stripped of the title. Again :arry:
Steroids wasn't it?

What an idiot.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Slacking student wrote:De Ja Vu

What an absolute helmet. He doesn't deserve any further chances.

Oooh thanks for bearing with me fans, I know I haven't been easy to support this last few years .........yawn

So is Cormier reinstated as champ?
S-H

Post by S-H »

White Goodman wrote:
So is Cormier reinstated as champ?
Hopefully.

It's quite sickening when you think about it, he could of seriously hurt Cormier, by having gained an unfair advantage.

It's one think cheating in a sport like cycling or athletics to gain advantage over your opponent, but to do it in MMA is really dangerous, and says a lot about the person willing to stoop to these levels.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Here comes the UFC's quandary. Do they release him from his contract so he can sit out his ban before signing with Bellator and boosting their roster (drugs bans or not, he's still a draw), or do they retain him and risk him pissing hot again?
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

Retain him and let him and Lesnar have a who can piss the hottest scrap
bunk

Post by bunk »

Let him and Lesnar head off to Japan to fight in one of those organisations that pretty much rewards you for getting as 'roided up as possible. Rizin, isn't it. Make it as big a freak show as possible.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

DasNutNock wrote:Here comes the UFC's quandary. Do they release him from his contract so he can sit out his ban before signing with Bellator and boosting their roster (drugs bans or not, he's still a draw), or do they retain him and risk him pissing hot again?
They SHOULD f*** him off but not sure they will.

The guy is a complete busted flush personally and professionally. Not a decent individual at all, seems the polar opposite to Cormier.
RayleighHammer23

Post by RayleighHammer23 »

DasNutNock wrote:Here comes the UFC's quandary. Do they release him from his contract so he can sit out his ban before signing with Bellator and boosting their roster (drugs bans or not, he's still a draw), or do they retain him and risk him pissing hot again?
If the substance can’t be explained through injury prevention or medication then he will get a minimum 2 year ban. He won’t come back to UFC after that, 2 years is a long time to be inactive.

Hopefully Cormier retires, can’t stand the bloke but seeing him wait 2 years for a rematch will be sad.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

It is turinabol , the roid of.choice for the East Germans going to be difficult to explain Rayleigh.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Suprised there has been no mention on here about Demetrious Johnson' amazing armbar on Ray Borg!

Just awesome!
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

somerset-hammer wrote:Suprised there has been no mention on here about Demetrious Johnson' amazing armbar on Ray Borg!

Just awesome!
Great gif of the move. Absolutely otherworldly, that transition. As usual, though, the hummingbird weight division gets ignored.

Bisping vs GSP up next. Hopefully Mike takes the W, then retires - absolutely minted. He deserves it.
bunk

Post by bunk »

DasNutNock wrote:Bisping vs GSP up next. Hopefully Mike takes the W, then retires - absolutely minted. He deserves it.
Bisping has been on great form during the press conferences, he'll be missed when he retires soon enough. The only time I've seen GSP as riled up as this was against Nick Diaz.

As for the fight, will be very interesting. The whole card is very good to be honest, Garbrandt - Dillashaw, Wonderboy - Jorge Masvidal. One to definintely stay up for.
S-H

Post by S-H »

bunk wrote:
As for the fight, will be very interesting. The whole card is very good to be honest, Garbrandt - Dillashaw, Wonderboy - Jorge Masvidal. One to definintely stay up for.
Yeah, some cracking fights there.

Looking forward to this one.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Much as I think that Garbrandt, neck tattoos and all, is an utter helmet, the bloke knows how to fight.
mjustincredible
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAtXgximLtQ :lol:

Bisping is like some character out of WWE, he plays the Heel / Bad Guy role perfectly, he is very entertaining. Also, he has backed up the talk so many times now that people find it hard to disagree with him as he is too well respected.

Anyway, hope he keeps up the funny pressers, gives McGregor a run for his money.