Watford 2-0 West Ham Utd (19/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Liam
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Re: Watford v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Liam »

Let's just hope we can hear the away fans opinion of the board on the TV
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Liam wrote:Let's just hope we can hear the away fans opinion of the board on the TV

Totally. Massive opportunity.
trevshead10may1980

Post by trevshead10may1980 »

Cobblers to this protesting nonsense, give the new man a chance. 1-0 to us to get him off to a flying start
IanBishopLegend7

Post by IanBishopLegend7 »

Hope to see lots of good wing play, and much better organisation when without possession.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

They absolutely destroyed Chelsea for 60 mins,should have been 4-1 up before Chelsea came back.And only lost to Everton because keeper went off.Will be very very tough,Id take a point right now.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I'd take a point. I'm hoping though that the players want to impress and stake their claim for a 1st team place under the new manager. I wouldn't be surprised to see us win. Saying that... If the team really is as unfit and disorganised as it's looked in most games this season, I would imagine that it's going to take more than a handful of training sessions to put that right. Who knows. I'm hopeful though.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Just been reading this...
http://www.squawka.com/news/david-moyes-at-united/11846

Could we see andy Carroll as our new number 10 with hernandez up front? Where would that leave Lanzini?
jphammer341

Post by jphammer341 »

Burnley Hammer wrote:Just been reading this...
http://www.squawka.com/news/david-moyes-at-united/11846

Could we see andy Carroll as our new number 10 with hernandez up front? Where would that leave Lanzini?
Has merits in having him off the left to work with cresswell and still gives us options in the middle of the park to set up with Antonio (if fit and willing) off the right?
HighWycombeHammer

Post by HighWycombeHammer »

Will be going early as normal to have a good beer in the away spoons. I will then go to the game and cheer on our new manager and team as normal.

That doesn't mean I like the owners or unhappy that Super Slav is no longer here but I am sure that for us to get out of the crap that we are in we all need to support our team.

If Moyes can sort out our organisation and fitness things will improve.
ryanrc

Post by ryanrc »

Not sure how the game will go but with Watford being so poor from corners I expect Moyeseh will be drilling them very intensely on set pieces over the next 2 weeks.
swerley

Post by swerley »

pezza20 wrote: He'll set up ultra defensively for the next 6 or 7 games, give nothing away and hopefully notch the odd break away goal - remember his job is to get points on the board, whatever that takes
So the Allardyce method, then.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

swerley wrote:
So the Allardyce method, then.
Does he have the patent to set pieces? I thought that was Pulis :)
Upton Carp
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Upton Carp »

Hernandez to start on the bench and may not even get on. This pattern will be repeated throughout the season until January when Chico leaves in disgust.

Not possible? Check out their relationship when they were at Manure together.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Upton Carp wrote:Hernandez to start on the bench and may not even get on. This pattern will be repeated throughout the season until January when Chico leaves in disgust.

He played 1400 minutes under Moyes in a season where they had 3 strikers better than anything we have on the books. I reckon he'll be fine.

Rooney - 19 in 37
Welbeck - 10 in 24
Van Persie - 18 in 23
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

Burnley Hammer wrote:I'd take a point. I'm hoping though that the players want to impress and stake their claim for a 1st team place under the new manager. I wouldn't be surprised to see us win. Saying that... If the team really is as unfit and disorganised as it's looked in most games this season, I would imagine that it's going to take more than a handful of training sessions to put that right. Who knows. I'm hopeful though.
You would hope the players would all be fired up and want to impress Moyes to stake there claim in the starting 11.

Trouble is Moyes is on a short term contract, if some don’t get on with him from the off, they won’t care as if results are poor he’ll be gone in May.

Very short sighted approach by the owners which could backfire,
Johnzo
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Johnzo »

Upton Carp wrote:Hernandez to start on the bench and may not even get on. This pattern will be repeated throughout the season until January when Chico leaves in disgust.

At Man UTD moyes had Rooney and Van persie at his disposal, who has scored a combined 46 goals between then the season before.

At West ham hes got Carroll and Sakho combined 8 goals between them last season and 1 this.

Hernandez will start and score
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

Upton Carp wrote:Not possible? Check out their relationship when they were at Manure together.
Have to say I agree with other people here, managers will look at what they've got a make the decision based on that. Hernandez wasn't as important to Manchester United as he is to us, and things change over time. Look at Lukaku at Chelsea under Mourinho, and look at him now. Defoe played nearly every game under Moyes at Sunderland, mostly trying to be paired up with Anichebe when he was available. Whether it's the right choice or not, I firmly believe we'll see Carroll and Hernandez up front together.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

It depends what option Moyes go for, our last two managers have fell into the trap of accommodating Andy Carroll whenever fit.. He is the safety option purely because he is the big man up top but his contribution in a West Ham shirt has been average at best and he shouldn't be the man the team is based around. I hope Moyes looks at how we can create more opportunities for Chicharito who will put them away consistently.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2642 likes
Total likes: 1747 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

The score will depend on whether the Players get behind our new Manager .

I'm going Watford 1 West Ham United 3 .
ironsonthebrain
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 119 likes

Post by ironsonthebrain »

Wonder how his prematch press stuff will go - will he be all positive or will he be getting his excuses in early doors?