Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

hammerdivone wrote:Hang on, you spend £450 on a vicious cat and moan about £10 on a battery :?
Damn right. If you only knew how much I'd spent on that damn car already.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

auntie bessies roasted parsnips are lovely .
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: boom alarm goes off and it’s blaring all the way to the vets like a ****ing cat ambulance.
:lol:

If I ever see the cat that left the runny dump on my door step this morning it's going to need one of these with my size 10 up it's jacksie.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

stuboy wrote:If I ever see the cat that left the runny dump on my door step this morning it's going to need one of these with my size 10 up it's jacksie.
Foxes, mate. Bastards are well into the "****ting on your doorstep" season.
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

Nah, the foxes leave their black tar like parcels in the side alley next to the house and the garden. (along with a severed cats head the other weekend). Seems the moggies have free run of the street and front gardens on my streets 'turf wars.

This was definitely cat shat, I’ve seen my fair share at my last place - the next door neighbour had four cats that just LOVED to use my garden every day and now the new place we’ve been in since July seems just as bad, only with the foxes added in as a Brucie bonus.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

claretandblue82 wrote:[

Easy way to get a cat into something is to place it with it's backside to the entrance then use an empty butter tub and place in over its head. It will always walk backwards as it wants the thing off, therefore going in the carrier with no fuss! Just take off the butter tub once its in though!
I'll just go get the empty butter tub that I keep around the place.
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

David Sullivan
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Parsnips are awesome. Probably the best veg, especially when roasted properly. This time of year they're at their best.

People that say they don't like them are probably the same people that put ketchup on their roast dinners.
Dover KUMB fan
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Dover KUMB fan »

sendô wrote: People that say they don't like them are probably the same people that put ketchup on their roast dinners.
Now that is another filthy habit that really pisses me off. Wrong on every level

On the subject of veg, I cant think of any I don't like. (Except Gent's veg before anyone says it)
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

hammerdivone wrote:Parsnips are the vegetable of the devil.

Anyone who likes them must be a child of the devil
You're confusing parsnips with swede.
EastBrisHammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by EastBrisHammer »

By the constant negativity around West Ham. I'm not talking about the fans and our opinions. I mean lurching from one disaster to the next and the constant false dawns that give us hope. Surely we deserve more than one good season every ten years. Even with a mediocre season there is some kind of farce playing out in the background (like Payet last season).
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

EastBrisHammer wrote:By the constant negativity around West Ham. I'm not talking about the fans and our opinions. I mean lurching from one disaster to the next and the constant false dawns that give us hope. Surely we deserve more than one good season every ten years. Even with a mediocre season there is some kind of farce playing out in the background (like Payet last season).
I've always felt that the paucity of silverware in our cabinet makes the prospect of adding to it all the more sweet. What's an FA Cup win to fans of the Sky 6? Plenty would consider it the bare minimum. Most of us would consider it one of the greatest events in our lives.

That said, I am f*cking bored of waiting. Moyes, I'll donate you my eyebrows if you get us another Cup win.
ironsonthebrain
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 119 likes

Post by ironsonthebrain »

EastBrisHammer wrote:By the constant negativity around West Ham. I'm not talking about the fans and our opinions. I mean lurching from one disaster to the next and the constant false dawns that give us hope. Surely we deserve more than one good season every ten years. Even with a mediocre season there is some kind of farce playing out in the background (like Payet last season).
Going to need a complete change from the top down for that to happen. Need the cheapskate spivs who own/ run the club gone.
Remember the enthusiasm generated by the Icelandics? Well we need new owners who will give that sort of kick start to things but NOT to go bust a little while down the line!
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

sendô wrote:People that say they don't like them are probably the same people that put ketchup on their roast dinners.
Nope, never have done, never will
Hammer.CA wrote:You're confusing parsnips with swede.
Nope, I like swede especially mashed with carrot and lots of butter and black pepper

You parsnip lovers are all wrong'uns
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Parsnip chips with parmesan :thup:
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

ironsonthebrain wrote: Going to need a complete change from the top down for that to happen. Need the cheapskate spivs who own/ run the club gone.
Remember the enthusiasm generated by the Icelandics? Well we need new owners who will give that sort of kick start to things but NOT to go bust a little while down the line!
Only West Ham could get a billionaire owner with no money. We are still feeling the affects 10 years on.
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

Out walking the dog before heading off to bed tonight, but about 50 yards from the house I found a Timberland shoe box with two abandoned kittens in there. They're now spending the night in the kitchen until the local shelter opens up in the morning.
Polaroid
Has liked: 613 likes
Total likes: 220 likes

Post by Polaroid »

^^^
Good man Whitters :thup:

BTW, what size are they?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Whitters wrote:Out walking the dog before heading off to bed tonight, but about 50 yards from the house I found a Timberland shoe box with two abandoned kittens in there. They're now spending the night in the kitchen until the local shelter opens up in the morning.
Straight in the river with them mate. :wink:

Dirty c**** will only be tearing open rubbish bags and ****ting on my plants in the summer.
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

Polaroid wrote:^^^
Good man Whitters :thup:

BTW, what size are they?
I don't know too much about cats re: size and age, but they're not tiny kittens, I'd say about half to two thirds adult size. They seem pretty healthy and are friendly now that they're used to us and are less scared.

Anyway, the good news is that close friends are going to adopt the pair of them, so they're thrilled as they were looking to buy a cat or two, and I'm happy that they're going as a pair to a good home just down the road from us, so we get to see them grow up too.