Watford 2-0 West Ham Utd (19/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Re: Watford v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Even though we have only seen Silva for less than 1 season, I think many people see him as the next best thing and inevitable he will move onto bigger and better things. Watford offer no stability so I doubt many would blame him as they don't seem to be a club which will match is ambition or enable him or anyone to build. They may want to move upwards gradually but they do it in such a seemingly haphazard way.

For now, win or draw seem possibilities again. If we don't get results soon then we shall return to the familiar expectations of bashings again.

No Carroll for me please. Though I read on social media that Nobes, Zab and Carroll are the 3 central players who have been in talks with Moyes to revise the training regime from how Slav had it to now wanting to up the workload.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I'm actually finding it hard to predict who he's going to pick. Lanzini is our obvious number 10, however Moyes in his 11 year spell at Everton liked a big guy to play behind the striker. I'll be interested in who he plays out wide too seeing as he's quite big on getting good crosses into the box. Hard to predict who he'll select out of the defensive midfield three, or which two out of Reid, Collins, and Ogbonna he'll play in defence. Will he keep faith in Rice and continue giving him valuable minutes? I'm looking forward to seeing his lineup.
comebackjoecole

Post by comebackjoecole »

Tim Cahill wasn't that big
Fishdo
Has liked: 105 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Fishdo »

Looking forward to this one ...

I think we will win and win well!!

I think we are meeting them at the best time for us and worst time for them..

In an ideal world we will see Watford ‘ammered and straight after the game the owners will resign from the board...

Heyho!!

COYI !!
Patito

Post by Patito »

comebackjoecole wrote:Tim Cahill wasn't that big

Good in the air though, and a completely different type of player to Lanzini.
ads78
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by ads78 »

I suspect we might see a 4-4-1-1 with Lanzini on the left (but tucking in a bit to let the LB get forward), Antonio on the right, Ayew at 10 and Carroll / Sakho up top.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

hart
zaba Collins ogbonna cresswell
Antonio obiang lanzini masuaka
ayew carroll

subs Adrian rice noble arnautovic sakho Martinez quinna

2-0 ayew and antonio
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I dunno. I'm finding it hard to believe that he's going to play with only Obiang as a solid grafter in the middle of the park. He won't want to be leaking goals in his first game in charge.
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

While he was at Real Sociedad, Moyes generally used a 451 - pretty well always away from home, and quite often at home too. Fans hated his negativity. From what I've heard, his Sunderland gig was mostly a car crash - but again, a 451 car crash

I expect the same formation at Watford with AC up front on his own chasing long punts :(
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Silva wants to speak to Everton.

Could be an interesting couple of days.
Watford have blocked any talks, reportedly.

Also hearing that Allardyce has ruled himself out of the Everton job.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

Re: Silva

I don’t like players or managers stating their intent to leave and in cases forcing their way out; they signed a contract for that many years so should honour it. Then again, in a lot of cases the club doesn’t honour that contract.

In any event, it’s one thing to force a player who is actively looking to leave to stay, but a manager? How do they expect him to motivate the players / have any real concern for the results?
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

libero wrote:While he was at Real Sociedad, Moyes generally used a 451 - pretty well always away from home, and quite often at home too. Fans hated his negativity. From what I've heard, his Sunderland gig was mostly a car crash - but again, a 451 car crash

I expect the same formation at Watford with AC up front on his own chasing long punts :(
It's bound to be Carroll up front, he's too much like Duncan Disorderly for it not to be.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

------------------------Hart

-------------Zaba-Reid-Ogbonna

-Antonio-Noble-Obiang-Lanzini-Cresswell
------------------------Carroll

--------------------Sakho

Andy in the Funkadelic wig, basically.

[This is what I am guessing at, in terms of line up]

We need to win at least one of our next three games.

If we won two of them, we could 'afford' to lose the third. Three draws (i.e. unbeaten, but only three points) would be an absolute minimum, in terms of points haul for those matches.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

West Ham win by two goals
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

It's back !!!! and I'm glad it's back . The real stuff and the only stuff that really matters
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

I can't see him resisting the temptation to start the game with Kouyate, Obiang and Noble all in the middle. We are a soft touch without all three and they compliment each other well.

Toughest choice is who leads the line, I hope to see a rejuvenated Sakho up top personally, with Antonio and Lanzini playing behind/off of him. That might be a touch harsh on Ayew, but competition for places can only be a good thing and we need options from the bench.

Same goes for Carroll, he changes our whole dynamic when he starts. Fantastic option as a sub, but not a starter for me. The ability to throw him and Ayew at a game if it is not going well is great.
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

Moyes loves a cross, so I'd be very surprised if he doesn't start with AC
RayleighHammer23

Post by RayleighHammer23 »

Will Lanzini be the new Arteta, Ayew the new Cahill? Has that time gone. Let's hope for our sake that he knows what he's doing in 2017.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Moyes will have had them putting in the yards in training, drilling them to perfection, doing his research on Watford. I reckon we will see an all new West Ham. A much improved performance from us. Can't see us losing by more then two goals.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

Puff Daddy wrote:It's back !!!! and I'm glad it's back . The real stuff and the only stuff that really matters
Mate I know it’s sad but f**k me the weekend is just no where near the same without West Ham playing in a competitive match.

Yep, I need to get out more :lol: