Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by RichieRiv »

Up the Junction wrote:That's either a shill, or a lunatic.
I'm inclined to say the latter. There are a lot of disturbed people out there, some of which get obsessional about individuals like Brady.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

jamesb84 wrote: Combine that with the "high level of loyalty from supporters" and we're effectively paying their lifestyle. Which to be honest, makes me feel perfectly comfortable about people rocking up at Sully's place with banners. It's the closest thing the club now has to a valuable fixed asset.
:lol:

Sad but true!
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

Beavis Danzig wrote:i'd be content with tumbling up and down the leagues if we had an honest owner (even if they weren't the richest), a manager that connected with the support (even if he wasn't the greatest tactician) and a place that felt like home (even if it was creaking at the seams). the whole GSB/olympic stadium nightmare has given me a completely new perspective on what my priorities are in football.

the bright side of an early relegation would be that the support would have their attention solely on the real battle.

Blimey mate, its me that's called HUMBUG for a reason but you win hands down. West Ham will still be around to support whatever happens.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Doc H Ball wrote:
Strewth, that covers pretty much all of us on here.

I'm not sure how it's happened, but every morning I turn on my phone and get some Twitter alert from the Baroness thanking some female for saying how her book/life/article/speech had inspired them.

'Thanks so much Holly/Sophie/Jacqueline... Well done to you' sort of thing.

I'm not even on ****ing Twitter.

I think I've got a virus.
Genuinely made me laugh out loud. :wink:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

RichieRiv wrote:I'm inclined to say the latter. There are a lot of disturbed people out there, some of which get obsessional about individuals like Brady.
So might I, were it an isolated case.
Carlton'sGoal

Post by Carlton'sGoal »

Up the Junction wrote:So might I, were it an isolated case.
That profile is ridiculous. I was in the tin hat camp, but that's made me wonder.
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

Doc H Ball wrote:Sullivan: Vladimir?

Putin: Da.

Sullivan: Can you help?

Putin: I speak with your woman no?

Sullivan: Yes you did. She said you can help.

Putin: Da.

Sullivan: e mails, blogs, the newspapers...

Putin: Da, da, I know. Leave it with me. My friend, he will buy your stadium for how you say peanuts.

Sullivan: Yes, yes. Tell him to hurry.

Putin: Bye bye David. You can keep the hat.
Thanks Doc. Thanks for keeping me smiling.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Up the Junction wrote: So the point I'm trying to illustrate is that six of the ten most recent posts from that particular account (which is just one of many examples) are in praise of Ms Brady, whether it be for her newspaper column or TV show.

That's either a shill, or a lunatic.
Tuppence short of a shilling maybe... Ta dish.

I think that it should be noted that Brady is a celebrity, and celebrities do have obsessive followers who can be obsequious to that degree - Might we not find that sort of thing if we were to focus on any celebrity ?

It could also equally plausibly be Brady herself or a stooge of Brady's, celebrity is an image that might well be self polished - Maybe Brady has a PR assistant, it is plausible.

I imagine that outside of football related contexts Brady is viewed much the same as any other celebrity, we almost certainly have a very minority view of her here as West Ham supporters, and she obviously has a public image other than with us to consider.

I hear what you're saying though boss and I'm not dismissing it out of hand any more, it's obviously not so in every case much as you made the point with your first post, but you have also made the point that there is plausibly something to it.
LOS

Post by LOS »

Jamesb84 some top and informative posting there mate. Look forward to reading more :thup:
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Up the Junction wrote:
So might I, were it an isolated case.
You don't need to have a full-fledged Russian troll farm behind you to have an operation to try and influence social media spin.

And have the owners not outed themselves as masquerading as supposedly independent blogger types (was someone like Ex iirc) by accidentally revealing that the geographic locations of their tweets just happened to correspond with the Sullivans holiday destination?

If the principles are doing it why wouldn't they have some lowly minions doing the same as well?
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Newcastle are on the verge of beng sold for £300 million , cheap ?
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

61dicksey wrote:Newcastle are on the verge of beng sold for £300 million , cheap ?

Ahh yes Mike Ashely, hated by the Geordies. The bloke put his own money into the club INTEREST FREE, imagine that
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

We could do a lot worse than Mike Ashley , oh! We have got the worst , them and the Venkys
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Faliraki Hammer wrote:This cant be real surely? I get that people are annoyed but calling 999?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... alling-999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

This is pissing me off the media making such a big deal of muck spreading the fans. How can they even be sure it's "West Ham fans" and not just muggy fans from other Clubs on a wind up?
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

It's a stunning piece of deflection CNR isn't it, if I was cynical I'd say it's almost to perfect
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Up the Junction wrote: Here's an example: https://twitter.com/karren_brady/status ... 6183246848

Now check the timeline of the first person to reply: https://twitter.com/hols_1988
That Twitter account is :shock:
Fifty Shades & Brady.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Ozza wrote:It's a stunning piece of deflection CNR isn't it, if I was cynical I'd say it's almost to perfect

My money is it being on Holly that made the call.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Holly Brady :thup:
Colours never run

Buddy Holly.
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

I still dream of Michael Tabor getting the Irish lads together as a consortium :crest: