West Ham United 1-1 Leicester City (24/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Briggsy
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Re: West Ham United v Leicester City: Match Thread

Post by Briggsy »

Usually I like to have a little bit of a joke with my predictions on a match thread, have a bit of fun. But I'm afraid I'm just feeling very negative and deflated about everything West Ham related at the moment, here's my honest opinion.

I think we will get played off the park at times. We'll sit back deep and let Leicester have the ball, then cheaply give away possession when we have it. We'll create nothing from set pieces, won't beat the first man once and will almost concede from a counter attack on a couple of occasions. Joe Hart will make a couple of excellent saves but we'll be 2-0 down at half time after his 5th and 6th 1 on 1. We'll create a couple of chances in the second half but end up losing 3-1.

Moyes will come out after the game and say something like "If we play like that we're going down, we have no togetherness and no confident. I can't believe how badly we pass the ball and we have to be much better at both ends of the pitch."

Sorry, I don't want us to do this badly. I want us to perform well & pick up points, but I'm struggling to see anything positive at the moment.

Hope I'm proven wrong.
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1209 likes

Post by Tenbury »

1 - 4, Steptoe hat-trick...3 pens (3 dives).
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Tenbury wrote:1 - 4, Steptoe hat-trick...3 pens (3 dives).
Haha, took me a while but I got it. Never really thought about it but he is a splitting image. :D
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 254 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

Before and after match protests I can understand but vocal protests during the game, especially when it's 0-0 or a tight game is inexcusable. That's just kicking our own when we are down.

How good would it be if we all sung one of our players name from the off like lanzini, Antonio etc (anyone you like) even though they may not deserve it. Be brilliant and I'm sure they'd be buzzing. That's true support! It's only 12 games in so we aren't exactly down and out but I just hope our own fans don't contribute to potential relegation.
NottingHammer6
Has liked: 1 like

Post by NottingHammer6 »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote:Before and after match protests I can understand but vocal protests during the game, especially when it's 0-0 or a tight game is inexcusable. That's just kicking our own when we are down.

How good would it be if we all sung one of our players name from the off like lanzini, Antonio etc (anyone you like) even though they may not deserve it. Be brilliant and I'm sure they'd be buzzing. That's true support! It's only 12 games in so we aren't exactly down and out but I just hope our own fans don't contribute to potential relegation.
f*** that off these twats cant be arsed to play for us so why should we?
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

IIRC old Steptoe got convicted for cottaging in some dive.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote:Before and after match protests I can understand but vocal protests during the game, especially when it's 0-0 or a tight game is inexcusable. That's just kicking our own when we are down.

I start by accepting 'hands up' that I don't go to games anymore, so perhaps what follows needs reading with that in mind.

I'd say that whenever we gave pelters to an opposing player (Terry, Lampard etc), they always seemed to raise their games, not shrink away from it all.

Expanding that, if our support is miserable, do all opposing players take that as a little lift to their efforts?

Is it, in effect, anti-support, even if the reasons behind protest are perfectly understandable (as they are to me)?
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

“Andy Andy, you’re the best, punch their player in the chest” that sort of song?

It should be aimed at the board from the 1st to the 90th minute. They need to go.
Eastcoast
Location: Sunrise Coast - totscum hotspur its happened again!

Post by Eastcoast »

hammerman11 wrote:need some fresh legs in the team to match leicester energy and pace.
Hart needs a rest.

Adrian
zab reid kouyate cresswell
Antonio rice Fernandez masuaka
ayew lanzini sakho

subs hart, ogbonna, obiang noble Martinez quinna samuelson

1-0 hammers ayew
12 against 11 - nice idea if you think we'll get away with it.
Probably still struggle with those odds
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

1-8 (inc one for Schmeichel playing rush goalie)

Moyes sacked and D.Sullivan to take over as player manager until xmas when they appoint Stuart Pearce full time as he's ex west ham, former manager with PL experience and most importantly cheap.
hammerbubble1964

Post by hammerbubble1964 »

Been trying all day to sell ticket on exchange as I cant face another 200+ mile round trip to watch the stuff that's being served up, but get to the review order part and then it comes up with we're sorry an unexpected error occurred.. Anyone else getting the same or has anyone sold their ticket on exchange today?
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

1-1 draw

Both Teams scrapping for points down the bottom and can see us getting a result at least. A result we can hopefully build on. No excuses.
Grovellini1972

Post by Grovellini1972 »

Decision made I will go still with blind faith that we must get better. Not sure we can get any worse, famous last words.
Worried how we handle them on the break. We seem at our weakest on attacking corners which is bizarre.
A draw likely at best but hey ho will go for a 2-1 win in the belief that Moyes and co have worked their magic this week. As to a line up honestly no idea ( I'm not David Moyes honest).
An excuse to finish work early and enjoy a quiet M25 M23 home. Rock and roll.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Ted Fenton wrote: IIRC old Steptoe got convicted for cottaging in some dive.
FFS Ted. Things are bad enough and you drop this bombshell upon us? :hush:
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

We are going to win. West Ham the revival begins
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Simply Moore wrote:We are going to win. West Ham the revival begins
Someones od'd on wine gums
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

sicknote wrote: Someones od'd on wine gums
Tenner to the BMF? I’ll even give you the draw :thup:
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Quoted from the Carroll thread...
DDHammer wrote: Our top 5 (passers) - Masuaku 91%, Rice 86%, Reid 86%, Lanzini 86%, Noble 84%.
So our best two passers aren't in the first team. Typical.

Considering that actually keeping the ball is one of our major weaknesses, and stupidly losing the ball has got us into so much trouble time and time again, I'd be looking at including these two in the team for the next match.

Masuaku, Noble, Lanzini, Rice, Arnie should hopefully help us hold on to the ball a little better. Having Lanzini in the centre, Ayew up front instead of Carroll, and Masuaku attacking down the left should hopefully improve movement when attacking.

--------------------------Hart

------------Kouyate---Reid---Ogbonna------

Zabaleta--------------Rice------------Masuaku

-------------Arnie-----Lanzini-----Noble

-------------------------Ayew

Fernandes to come on instead of whoever is struggling the most out of Noble and Arnie. Noble is actually quite useful in and around the box, and capable of putting in a good delivery. I would try him in a more advanced role.

I can guarantee you that we'll line up absolutely nothing like this :)
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Gray will rip us to shreds.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

hammerbubble1964 wrote:Been trying all day to sell ticket on exchange as I cant face another 200+ mile round trip to watch the stuff that's being served up, but get to the review order part and then it comes up with we're sorry an unexpected error occurred.. Anyone else getting the same or has anyone sold their ticket on exchange today?
I haven't received the club email so I'm guessing that Ticket Exchange isn't active for this one yet? I think it only becomes active when all tickets the club still holds are sold.

If you know someone that wants it or can sell it on the matchday ticket forum here, you could use Ticket Forwarding instead - might be an option ?