West Ham United sack Slaven Bilic

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: West Ham United sack Slaven Bilic

Postby taffhammer on Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:21 pm

Gsbgsb wrote:As for Bilic the extension should never have been an issue, he should have gone in the summer in my view, certainly when apparently he stood by his coaching crew and would not replace them.

To my mind a lot of the rest is blame the board because they must be at fault for everything stuff.

So in your opinion they are to blame for not sacking Bilic in the summer which led to a bad season so far. Would you say if they spent more money in the transfer market and had given Alardyce / Bilic improved contracts during the periods they were both doing great we would be in a better place ?

Its not hard to put 2 and 2 together is it ? We can all see the root of the problem but are called out by you for saying it.
taffhammer

Postby e17 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:18 am

Crouchend_Hammer wrote:Not sure who, but someone on last cpuppet of pages mentioned Bilic 7th place finish and then also mentioned Roeder as a poor manager. He got us to 7th as well but didn't get cut any slack the next season

Might have a tad to do with him relegating us with one of our best squads ever :lol:

Not finishing 11th after a stadium move and losing Payet
e17

Postby mushy on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:50 am

Gsbgsb wrote:[

If the board had offered Sam an extension presumeably at the beginning of his final season they would have been slaughtered on here after all he never was the right appointment was he?

I'm lost here, who actually appointed this bloke who wasnt the right appointment?
mushy

Postby hammers92 on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:52 pm

Having a chat with my dad about this last night, was it the popularity of Bilic that hindered the growing unrest currently or was it his sacking that made people wake up?
hammers92

Postby Jon on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:57 pm

He was/is very likeable. He acted and spoke like a fan. We all knew he wasn't the best but he was like a buffer between us and GSB.

Now he's gone it's a frenzy directed at the owners and her ladyship.
Jon

Postby Ribbot on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 pm

I think appointing Moyes was just the final straw. The kettle blew.
Ribbot

Postby Colours never run on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Shouldn't have been sacked, instead given more time like last season proved.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Claretandblueyank on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:23 pm

hammers92 wrote:Having a chat with my dad about this last night, was it the popularity of Bilic that hindered the growing unrest currently or was it his sacking that made people wake up?

Probably a bit of both. People are also realising, or at least finally admitting, that the stadium is crap. GSB needed to make more improvements (or demand them) ahead of this season. Not it's not just teething problems. The did **** all.

And Moyes appointment added to unrest after letting a popular chap go — even if I think it was time, and that Moyes is not a bad appointment (I'm one of few, it seems).
Claretandblueyank

Postby Ferret on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Colours never run wrote:Shouldn't have been sacked, instead given more time like last season proved.

We were going one way under Bilic "The Championship", the past 21 months under him were awful.
We will probably still go down, change was needed but not Moyes.
Ferret

Postby Cellar-door on Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:31 pm

hammers92 wrote:Having a chat with my dad about this last night, was it the popularity of Bilic that hindered the growing unrest currently or was it his sacking that made people wake up?

I think his likability blunted some of the unrest, but what toppled it over the edge wasn't his sacking, if anything it seemed like the response was split into mostly "Finally" and "Sad to see him go but it wasn't working" with a smaller third group that was upset by it.
What tipped it over the edge was that when he was sacked there was a feeling that here was a chance to turn things around..... and then they hire David Moyes, who hasn't had a successfull stint in a long time, is not at all personable, and generally exactly what most supporters didn't want in a new manager, even a caretaker until the summer.
Cellar-door

Postby StackerJJ on Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Colours never run wrote:Shouldn't have been sacked, instead given more time like last season proved.

I liked Bilic but the truth is i'm not upset he was sacked (as he was never staying any longer than the end of the season no matter what happened) what I'm upset about is they have hired someone who agreed a 6 month contract. If your plan is for the next 6 months then just keep Bilic, if you're gonna fire Bilic, get in somebody BETTER and give him a contract showing you are back him and build continuity. The players mind set is exactly the same with moyes as it was with bilic, they only have a manager who is here for 6 months. Its pointless. I want Moyes to succeed just like I did Bilic but they are on pointless tasks, designed to fail.
StackerJJ

Postby claretandblue82 on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:49 pm

Turned down talks with West Brom apparently. I wonder if Everton will come calling!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42107410
claretandblue82

Postby brothernero on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Says he wants to take a break from football. Don't blame him.

Hope he takes some time off, gets his head sorted and then wherever he ends up I wish him every success. I think he get another international gig.
brothernero

Postby chalks on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Maybe some will start to see now that it was NEVER about Slav

It was always about Sullivan and his ****ing arrogance with regards player recruitment (or lack of it)
chalks
Sliding down his pole

Postby 61dicksey on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:05 pm

Let that gimpy **** manage the team then seeing as he thinks he can .
61dicksey

Postby Beavis Danzig on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:09 pm

slav should've been given the cash for carvalho and a written apology rather than his P45.

far more faith that he'd have got us out of this than moyes.
Beavis Danzig

Postby Ozza on Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:13 pm

There’s still some deluded ***** on here that think that the issues at this place are down to the previous bloke, some of you really can’t see the wood for the trees
Ozza

Postby Turns to Stone on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:13 am

To be honest, I’m pleased that Bilic got out when he did.

Just pleased to see that someone I admire got out of the wreckage before it sunk. He deserved better than West Ham in its current guise.
Turns to Stone

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:27 am

I've said the same before myself TTS. Somehow wth Slav gone it's all less painful now seeing as I feel no affinity with the new manager and most of that team.

I hope Slav is sunning himself on a beach in his mad, white suit, smoking a tab and strumming his guitar without a care in this ****ing world.
DaveWHU1964

Postby e17 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:43 am

Turns to Stone wrote:To be honest, I’m pleased that Bilic got out when he did.

Just pleased to see that someone I admire got out of the wreckage before it sunk. He deserved better than West Ham in its current guise.

Noble does too.

It’s why I’m sort of happy to see him on the bench. He deserves more than Moyes, Sully etc
e17

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion