West Ham United 1-1 Leicester City (24/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Re: West Ham United v Leicester City: Match Thread

Post by brothernero »

Bubbles it is days like this when I wish I never quit gambling, If not I would be willing to bet any amount we would not even make top 12, let alone 10th+

Sorry fellow I always admire your optimism, but there is glass half Full and then there is 2 free Pints lined on the go and another coming while sitting next to a bikini clad Rachel Riley.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

I felt quite positive after that.

The work rate, application and general belief was a huge improvement. The Brighton game we were hopeless, but against Leicester they were clearly up for it from the start, and pressed hard all first half.

Arnie in particular looked like a man transformed. He ran a lot, looked good on the ball, made things happen, and at least twice he busted a gut to get back and make an important tackle.

We were still lacking quality. We gave the ball away a lot, and seemed to be afraid of pushing forwards at times, always looking to shield the ball and pass backwards rather than go forwards. However we've got the players in the team that, if we keep the work rate up, get fitter and get some belief, we'll start winning games.

Also, the atmosphere was banging second half. Akin to the win vs Spurs in May.

:crest:
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

sendô wrote:I felt quite positive after that.

The work rate, application and general belief was a huge improvement. The Brighton game we were hopeless, but against Leicester they were clearly up for it from the start, and pressed hard all first half.
what worries me are people acting like we haven't put in a shift this season. we did it against huddersfield and blustered our way to three points, we had solid battling performances against west brom and burnley which we should've got more from. the brighton came just as it looked like we actually got our act together.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

Effort in fits and starts. It should be the bare minimum every week that the players put a shift in.