Everton 4-0 West Ham United (29/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

lynothehammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Re: Everton -v West Ham United - Match Thread

Post by lynothehammer »

vietnammer wrote:Trust us to make Rooney look like he's 20 years old again
It's the West Ham way, you should know that by now... :D
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

A player that seems to be overlooked for criticism so far this season is Winston Reid. Truly appalling yet again last night, along with Cress, Obiang, Arnie, and yet some fans still have a pop at Joe Hart. :?
Briggsy
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Briggsy »

We just look all over the place at the moment. I'm starting to wonder if our players are even footballers any more. We look like we are playing with a bunch of savio's. Yes I blame the board & I don't want Moyes here, but the players....

Zabaleta - Good going forward but looks like an OAP at times, out of positon, can't run. There's no point him playing right back as he's too exposed.

Reid, Fonte - Kind of just stand there not doing much, look disinterested.

Ogbonna - This bloke is literally Gary Breen.

Cresswell - Turned into Schemmel (Yes I know he was a right back), absolutely cannot defend.

Kouyate - What on Earth is this bloke? he isn't a footballer I don't think. He's turned into Diame.

Obiang - See all of the above.

Fernandes - lol

Lanzini - Tries but looks completely lost.

Arnautovic - Hopefully the turning point over the last few games, but I'm not expecting much.

Antonio - Lazy, terrible decision maker.

Masuaku - Good crosser & dribbler, but hasn't got a clue about positioning & is completely and utterly clueless when it comes to defending. Doesn't help the defence when playing LB, doesn't help the LB when playing LM. An easy target for opposition.

Carroll - Lazy, looks completely fed up. 0 goals this season.

Sakho - **** him, the ****
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:A player that seems to be overlooked for criticism so far this season is Winston Reid. Truly appalling yet again last night, along with Cress, Obiang, Arnie, and yet some fans still have a pop at Joe Hart. :?
Agreed, I mentioned him the other day. He's meant to be captain and kingpin in our defence. Not impressed.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I got the impression from Reid that he just didn't fancy it, I said to my mate that he'd probably come off injured.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Briggsy - you are spot on with your criticism. However, for most of those players, we’ve seen what they can offer before. They’re not performing to their best. We know that the likes of Lanzini and Reid are class players on their day. This is what makes it so frustrating. Man for man we’ve got a decent, if unbalanced, squad.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Patito, I think Reid being class is a bit of a myth.

Truth is, he's just an average injury prone defender in an awful team.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Forgot to say yesterday......

Massive respect to all the brothers and sisters that made the trip north.

You are the true hero's. Spending your hard earned just before Xmas to watch that shower.

:crest:
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

somerset-hammer wrote:Patito, I think Reid being class is a bit of a myth.

Always thought he is a big girl's blouse. But this season especially his general play has been pure ****.
S-H

Post by S-H »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Forgot to say yesterday......

Massive respect to all the brothers and sisters that made the trip north.

You are the true hero's. Spending your hard earned just before Xmas to watch that shower.

:crest:

Hear hear.

The players, don't deserve the support the away fans give.

And for anyone going to Manchester this weekend, despite the inevitable outcome, I salute you.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

We can count ourselves unlucky in many respects, but the reality is we offered nothing first half, and only played for about 20 minutes in the second half. Our defence is poor and our midfield woeful. Kouyate and Obiang offered nothing. Ayew and Arnautovic didn't get into the game, but the ball wasn't coming to them. Lanzini looked lost first half, I have no idea what has happened to him. Second half he was much better, pulling the strings, but by then it was too late.
Patito

Post by Patito »

somerset-hammer wrote:Patito, I think Reid being class is a bit of a myth.

He’s put in some outstanding performances in the past for us and looked like a rock, on many occasions.

He’s certainly injury prone, but I’ve seen him put in so many class performances for us, I can only see him as a very good defender personally (when he’s at his best).

Edit - didnt mean to put in that emoji/emoticon, removed.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

The Gibbins wrote:Another disappointment for me has been Zabaleta personally. He looks like another on a long list of past it players to fill a spot at right back for West Ham. I admire his passion and his work rate but he can't keep up with play and is caught out any time he crosses the halfway line. Every time he is caught out he has to commit a foul and add yet more yellow cards to his tally, and then ease off tackles for the rest of the game therefore becoming ineffective in his position.
He's still a decent footballer but needs to adapt his game to one suitable to playing in a **** defence. Ie: don't be the furthest man forward for most of the game.
Briggsy
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Briggsy »

Patito wrote:Briggsy - you are spot on with your criticism. However, for most of those players, we’ve seen what they can offer before. They’re not performing to their best. We know that the likes of Lanzini and Reid are class players on their day. This is what makes it so frustrating. Man for man we’ve got a decent, if unbalanced, squad.
I agree Patitio. I'm worried with Reid however, I don't know if he's just off form or just isn't the player he used to be. I'm hoping it's just that he's off form. I'll give a lot of credit to Reid, he's stuck with us for a number of years.

As for Lanzini, he just reminds me of Joe Cole in our relegation season. Trying hard and desperate to create, but lacking in goals & assists which that real kind of flair / luxury player needs to provide (I think Cole got hardly anything that season, although I may be wrong, so Lanzini is doing better). Don't get me wrong, I don't think Lanzini is to blame, but I just find the similarities to Cole a bit worrying!
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

As Pickford said after the game, they expected us to come out of the traps in the second half. Consequently they retreated in order to soak up the pressure.

It's not simply the case that we played well for 20 minutes, it's more that we were allowed to play.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

My theory behind Reid's poor form has been paired with poor centre halves. He was at his best when he relied on the likes of Collins (when he was fit to play) and Tomkins (when he weren't benched or sold). Nowadays he's had to put up with babysitting the likes of Ogbonna and Fonte whilst Collins struggles to regain fitness.

I'd pair him with Rice in a heartbeat under the limited options now. He needs players he can trust around him and unless Collins comes back soon, I think Rice would be the next best thing although srill very raw. Not much other options available bar going 3 at the back which I'd prefer but Moyes doesn't seem to want to go down that route.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Happy morning anyone?
Patito

Post by Patito »

Spot on Briggsy, I too am very worried, “on paper” we should be too good to go down but how many times have we said that before and it’s happened?

CNR - Rice in for Ogbonna every day of the week mate, I actually rate Ogbonna but he’s all over the place at the minute and bar the missed pass at Newcastle, Rice has been solid.
scottyboy71
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by scottyboy71 »

ironfireman wrote:***k the tea lady,
Harsh
DasNutNock

Work today

Post by DasNutNock »

Who else has a stream of well-wishers passing by their desk this morning?