Everton 4-0 West Ham United (29/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Re: Work today

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

thankfully - no-one has spoken about it

but then again i have just had to kick all their arses this morning
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Re: Everton -v West Ham United - Match Thread

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I expect I will get pulled up by the mods for saying this, but isn't yhis supposed to be the match thread?

When Bilic was in charge, any posts mentioning him on the match threads were deleted, even if they were relevant to the match itself

Now posts relating to the manager and his shortcomimgs seem to be allowed on match threads...

I have no problemo with posts slagging Moyes off. Fully deserved. He is a complete ****wit, but surely they should be confined to the David Moyes thread?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Crouchy, you make a point, but leave the modding to the mods eh ?

Ta .
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

somerset-hammer wrote:Patito, I think Reid being class is a bit of a myth.

Truth is, he's just an average injury prone defender in an awful team.
He was solid for us 2015-16 season, since then it’s been a slow and steady decline for him.

We have the worst (and I’m sure the oldest, and slowest) defence in the league.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Every defender looks half the player though, under Sam, Reid, Cresswell and Adrian all looked top quality in particular Reid and Cresswell, Cress looked destined for a bigger club
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Not at our best last night , it was a long trip for the 1777 or so who made the trip to see an abject performance against a team bang out of form .

Quite simply, Everton wanted it more , their players wanted it , ours were hiding , showing no confidence , no creativity and no desire .

A 4-0 defeat , missing a penalty in the process , is what relegation fodder does .I've not looked at the odds for the drop but they must be well short by now , and I can't see us conceding less than 5 on Sunday .

By the time we play Stoke we could be shipping an average of 3 goals a game , and that means it's nigh on impossible to get a point let alone 3 .

I'm predicting going in to the new year on 13 points , and plenty of transfer requests being handed in by agents .Lanzini , Obiang, Ogbinna, Kouyate, Sakho, , Hernandez.......none of them are players to get a club out of the championship and I fear a game of cat and mouse will develop between the owners and those and other players agents in terms of being moved on .

On the plus side a season in division 2 will give those without a point a chance to gain some from the away games , although I still expect the London derbies against Brentford and QPR to be busy .

City next up .

Good times .
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

The problem for players like Reid, Antonio, Lanzini and Carroll is that they're thrown in at the deep end when they're not 100% fit. It's a constant cycle of poor mis-management by rushing them back into the starting XI / squad.

Get a knock > out for 3-4 weeks > back into full training on a Thursday > play Saturday at 50-75% fitness > just start looking back in shape > get a knock (and the cycle continues)

The same applies for when Reid travels 30,000 miles in a few days, trains on a Friday morning and is thrown into the starting XI at the weekend. Winston is excellent on his day but he's looking more and more heavy and exposed as time goes on, but I don't think it's necessarily all his fault.
badabing
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by badabing »

Agree with you fm god, but why do so many players come here and immediately turn ****? Ogbonna, how has this guy played for Italy? Baresi, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, and er, Ogbonna , it just sounds ludicrous. My poor lad was so excited for his first away game this year, by the end he just wanted out of the cold, kept asking why we were always playing it sideways when the goal was that way
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

the pink palermo wrote:
On the plus side a season in division 2 will give those without a point a chance to gain some from the away games , although I still expect the London derbies against Brentford and QPR to be busy .

One season in div 2 is being optimistic. When we go down in may I think it will be a whike before we come back again
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: One season in div 2 is being optimistic. When we go down in may I think it will be a whike before we come back again
Bring it on I say.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

steps wrote:He was solid for us 2015-16 season, since then it’s been a slow and steady decline for him.
I don’t think he was. I thought he was quite poor for the last ten or fifteen games of 15/16. It was masked by our ability to put enough in at the other end.
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Now I've calmed down a bit I feel I can look at the game in isolation a bit more balanced than I was when I got in bed last night (had the missus dig me out for having the ump and ruining our evening - see how it affects us fans!).

I thought we actually started okay, we looked pretty solid and the game wasn't really going anywhere, if anything we looked the more dangerous side with Masuaku causing some trouble down the left. The first goal was unfortunate, it was a lucky ricochet which pretty much fell on a plate to Calvert-Lewin. For those digging him out, I didn't think Hart was at fault for this goal (he was for the 3rd), he came off his line quickly and if he had stayed put it would have been an easy finish for C-L. C-L did well to get there first and despite Hart getting a slight touch, it looked like a pen in normal time to me. Another bit of bad luck with the penalty save going straight back to Rooney.

The second goal there was no excusing, it was embarrassing defending and the tracking back was non existent. Every reason for us to be livid about this.

After that, I thought the Sakho change at half time was a good one. We looked so much better straight away. Sakho and Ayew were linking up well, Lanzini further up the pitch and putting in challenges winning the ball back. We had them well under the kosh and we needed a goal. Then came the turning point, Sakho turned WIlliams well and won the penalty. Now if Lanzini had slotted it, we were well back in the game and having peppered their box for the last 20 minutes, the momentum would have been with us and I could visibly see the Everton defence getting shakier, particularly Williams. **** penalty, decent save to get the ball away and that was all the confidence Everton needed. There was no coming back from there, that was our moment to change the game and we fluffed it.

As for the third goal, great finish but that was all down to Hart. If you come that far out of your goal, that ball has to go in the stands or up somewhere near the other goalkeeper, not along the ground in the dead centre of the ****ing pitch!! After the penalty miss and that, we were done and the 4th goal was inevitable.

I don't think we were as poor as some people have made out, I have definitely seen us much worse this season. A mixture of getting the rub of the green, inexcusable individual mistakes and not taking chances (i.e missed penalty) to change the course of the game were our undoing, nothing to do with the manager.

Now in true West Ham style, let's go to the home of what is currently the best club side in world football and do them over!
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

I don't know where to start with last night.

In fact, yes I do, with the fans!
Fair play and full respect to anyone who went and sat through that.

As for the team, I think it has all been said in the past few pages. Just absolutely clueless. I am trying my best to cling onto the first 20 of the second half for some kind of positivity and I do think it would have been a different outcome had Lanzini tucked the pen away, but the rest of the game was appalling.

From the outset our passing was terrible, movement off the ball non existent and commitment totally half arsed. I won't go through player by player as it will take all day, not one of the lads who started came out of that with any credit at all.

I don't know what the answer is but I assume Moyes will have to look at wing backs (five at the back) with two up top now.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

sutts07 wrote:I don't know what the answer is but I assume Moyes will have to look at wing backs (five at the back) with two up top now.
Do we even have enough centre-backs for that now? No Reid, Collins or Fonte.

I'm guessing Kouyate - Rice - Ogbonna :|
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

What makes my blood boil is I am totally frustrated after last night and this season in general to be honest from start to finish. I'm down I feel beat ever week and then in my head all I can think about is the players going home to their other halves laughing and saying they need to re locate in the summer where would they like to go... It probably doesn't happen but when the chips are down rather than roll up their socks its easier for them to get their agent working on their next move. Jumping ship is easier than mending it. Its so frustrating. We'll end up with a 80% clear out when we're relegated so whats their incentive to improve... Again i'm surmising here but still.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

ironstu wrote: Now in true West Ham style, let's go to the home of what is currently the best club side in world football and do them over!
Wouldn't that just be so typical of us! Go away to a side who cannot buy a win and lose four zip... A few days later, go away to a side who have not lost all season and are looking to equal an all time PL winning streak then sneak a win.

Likewise, it would be very much like us to roll over and give them anything between 3-6 goals to keep their streak alive.
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Never mind lads, lets move on to the next game. It's only Man City!!! :|
sjb958
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by sjb958 »

Ayew was laughing his head off after the final whistle last night.

The players just don't care. That is a big problem, and one that will see us getting relegated imo.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

badabing wrote:Agree with you fm god, but why do so many players come here and immediately turn ****? Ogbonna, how has this guy played for Italy? Baresi, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, and er, Ogbonna , it just sounds ludicrous. My poor lad was so excited for his first away game this year, by the end he just wanted out of the cold, kept asking why we were always playing it sideways when the goal was that way
When we signed Ogbonna, it was well known he was dodgy. Lapses in concentration etc. Cresswell hasn't been the same since that pre season injury he got and we should have replaced either Collins or Fonte last year due to their age

I loved Slav here, but f*** me has he signed some absolute *****.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

sjb958 wrote:Ayew was laughing his head off after the final whistle last night.

The players just don't care. That is a big problem, and one that will see us getting relegated imo.

Tbh, neither do I now. That performance last night showed that none of them give two ****'s. Moyes will get the blame as he's unpopular, but last night is all on the players for me. At this moment in time they don't deserve our support. I'd be quite happy to not go again this season and come back fresh for the Championship. The days where Kevin Nolan, Jack Collison and Ricardo Vaz Te would be putting in 100% and leaving everything they could on the pitch. Where was that last night? No passion, no fight and that is the season under Grant all over again.

I may go to Luton v Notts County instead of West Ham v Chelsea next month. I'm getting sick of Premier League football and everything it stands for. I am disgusted by the effort and attitude from last night. Next morning, still haven't calmed down. They are an embarrassment to the history of this football club.