Everton 4-0 West Ham United (29/11/17)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

gaptooth
Location: For the team - in a happy place. Board - in a dark place, with my head in my hands
Has liked: 145 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Re: Everton -v West Ham United - Match Thread

Post by gaptooth »

ads78 wrote:The spine of the team is weak and lack discipline, passion and courage.
The spine of the team have no ****ing spines!

Awful performance, we made them look like Brazil FFS.

Only positive for me was my daughter loving the singing in the crowd and getting to shout the odd rude word. She reckoned it was the best game of football she's ever been to!
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

gaptooth wrote:
The spine of the team have no ****ing spines!

Awful performance, we made them look like Brazil FFS.

Only positive for me was my daughter loving the singing in the crowd and getting to shout the odd rude word. She reckoned it was the best game of football she's ever been to!
I think you might have a closet Everton fan in the family.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

somerset-hammer wrote:Patito, I think Reid being class is a bit of a myth.

Truth is, he's just an average injury prone defender in an awful team.
On an almost stupidly long new contract.
ludo22
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by ludo22 »

prophet:marginal wrote: On an almost stupidly long new contract.
So typically GSB-esque knee-jerk stupidity.You can see them thinking -"Reid's one of our better players-get him on a long contract so no-one nicks him" without considering the other factors like the player's health,player's desire or loss of form.Reid will be the next Andy Carroll.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

As Allardyce was at the match, I'll risk posting he's just signed an eighteen month deal with Everton, where the match was played ;)

Eighteen months doesn't sound like a match made in Heaven
GreenIron
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 58 likes

Post by GreenIron »

Just about recovered from last night and had to post this to give credit where it’s due.

We were running late thanks to the poxy M6. We ditched the car and were jogging along about a mile from the ground and I had to call a halt because I’m about as fit as our players. A car pulled up beside us and the conversation went...

“Going to the match lads?”
“Yes”
“You’re late. Jump in and I’ll take you there.”
“Great, thanks. You know we’re West Ham.”
“Yeah, no problem. {Pause}. As long as you hate Liverpool.”

He took us right to the ground and it turned out he hadn’t even been heading that way. Respect.

:scarfer:
gaptooth
Location: For the team - in a happy place. Board - in a dark place, with my head in my hands
Has liked: 145 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by gaptooth »

e-20 wrote:
I think you might have a closet Everton fan in the family.
Haha. She's Yorkshire born and bred but West Ham though and through. I've basically cursed her life and her mother probably has grounds for calling social services...
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

An ugly journey, ugly game and a very ugly mood in the away support towards the board more than the manager or players.

Only made bearable by the kindness and generosity of Pink and excellent company in the pinkmobile.

We are down and TBH I am feeling detached from it. This is not the club I recognise as West Ham. Only the fans remain.

I look forward to seeing the misery and impact this has on the three people responsible. They deserve every bit of misfortune in every aspect of their life.

I believe in Karma. We will get the last laugh. #boardout :crest:
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

ageing hammer wrote:And Rooney hasn't scored in a while..............................
ToiletDuck wrote:Bum nuggets! Forgot about Rooney. Make it 4-0 to them
Samba wrote:You had to ageing, you just had to...
Credit where it's due, you two.
tugboatpete69
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

rooney foul

Post by tugboatpete69 »

Can someone explain how rooney hasn't been cited for his disgusting rake on lanzini off the ball please and does anyone have a u tube clip amazed they never showed it on mod
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Re: rooney foul

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Too busy with a £300k footballer launching a ball into an empty net.

Was a disgusting challenge, and as you describe was a rake down the back of his leg. Not sure the ref saw it and that's why he wasn't carded. I would say it's the kind of thing that goes against you when you're down there, but then look at the opposition. I would've rather Rooney slapped Ogbonna, Kouyate and Obiang personally.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Post by Denzil »

Wasnt off the ball was it? From memory Lanzini was in possession?

Was a naughty challenge, should have been booked but not sure it was that bad.
OFT
Has liked: 2992 likes
Total likes: 1757 likes

Post by OFT »

Because it was Rooney
Because he had just scored 'that' goal.
Because they're all bastads.

Straight red to any player not of the 'elite' IMO

The game is ****ed
:x
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Dont think retrospective because was kind of within the game if you know what I mean. Yes was a nasty challenge but it wasnt a stamp elbow punch etc. If you make something like that retrospective,where do you draw the line. You’d be having about 10 every weekend.
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

This is me trying to get a bit of personal optimism for the City match.

To be fair, although our team didn't turn up in the 1st half and deserved nothing, Everton had an enormous amount of good luck because of wrong setup at the start of match and events that happened during the match

1. The team looked leggy from kick-off - don't know why but Kouyate and Obiang were running in treacle.
2. Ayew up top was wrong tactic - Moyes error
3. 1st goal, no threat , we were crowding out their attack until the ball ball bounced out of that melee and Obiang somehow contrived a 'knock on' pure through pass to Calvin -Lewin. I thought Hart should have done better but dived more at the player than the ball . He gets the ball slightly before clobbering Lewin , and the penalty decision could have gone either way. Ref decided to give it. Hart saves the penalty , lots of Everton players infringed the area before Rooney strikes it, Hart saves, it goes straight back for Rooney to head it back in.
4. 2nd goal was also lucky because the cross got a ricochet as it went through an Everton player's legs which deflected the ball back away from goal (and all our covering players) with just enough pace at the right angle for Rooney to meet it (at just the right moment) .Kouyate of course decided not to track back at exactly the same time as all of this happened.
5. 3rd goal - Hart decides not to trust Reid and Ogbonna both battling with a single Everton player and decides to run out to intercept the loose ball. He kicks it straight to Rooney, the only player who has previously scored against us from the half-way line. He admits it was one of the best connections with the ball he's ever had in his career. The ball's trajectory is high enough for Ogbonna to miss handballing it but fast enough to beat all the retreating players trying to block it.
6. Cresswell's shot hits the bar and the ball clears out of danger and all our attacking players.
7. Missed penalty by Lanzini , ball gets panned sideways by Pickford rather than back to Lanzini
8. Rooney hacking down Lanzini on his Achilles from behind - possible red for me - ref decides on a yellow
9. 4th goal - Just before this goal , Reid thinks he's done his hamstring but can't make up his mind whether to go off and is dilly dallying (if he goes off then Rice would replace him when there is no danger threat to our goal). Reid decides to stay on and intercepts a cross for a corner in the next stage of play, hurting his hamstring even more . Now we have an unlucky situation where Reid is now replaced with Rice whose first stage of play is to deal 'stone cold' with Ashley Williams on a corner. Ashley Williams makes a run behind Rice , gets a yard on him to meet the header. Rice tries to recover and could have knocked Williams off balance as he's in the air, but Antonio jumps in front of Rice and blocks him off. Williams get a clean fantastic header , probably his best this season and it goes straight into the top left hand corner of our goal.

Although we were crap in the first half , everything (and I mean everything) went against us. Every little ricochet, every 50/50 decision, every possible slight advantage that was offered to Everton (either by an individual error or fateful decision) ended up as a goal. Although I sort of agree that you 'make your own luck' fate definitely kicked us in the b*llocks several times over.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we got what we deserved nothing

that first half was the worst this season - moyes effect ?

second half we played for 15 mins

rooney sprinting past kouyate
hart being hart
rest of them overpaid and useless

outclassed and outfought in every position.