Champions Place Stoned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Champions Place Stoned

Postby baggs1981 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:52 am

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.

I ordered a champions place stone for my Dad back when they first did them, 18th December 2014 to be precise. It will soon be 3 years from purchase.

The stone is still not there, yes I've checked on a sober day, others have also checked for me.

I've sent a number of emails, both to the champions place specific contact at the time (championsplace@westhamunited.co.uk) and to supporterservices@westhamunited.co.uk now that the other contact doesn't exist anymore. I've also phoned a couple of numbers at West Ham but they don't know who within West Ham deals with these.

I also see that they are still selling stones!

Anyone had the same issues? any ideas how the heck I can get someone at West Ham to even respond?
baggs1981

Re: Champions Place Stoned

Postby Ben on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:05 am

I don't have one but it is mad that this isn't done yet for so many people.

they should get them done right away and refund people that have had to wait for so long
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby Doc H Ball on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:07 am

Fill in a small claims county court form (you can get them online or from the local court) and sue for breach of contract.

It will cost an admin fee but you will get that back as well as the original cost plus interest. The Club won't contest the action unless your stoned stone has been laid.
Doc H Ball

Postby Big George on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:09 am

At the WHUISA meeting last week we were told all champs place stones issues had been resolved.

Ie, those that had been bought in stage one had been laid and those in stage two and three will be down by end of March.

Crucially they also said that everyone had been communicated with.
Big George

Postby sanchoz on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 am

Doc H Ball wrote:Fill in a small claims county court form (you can get them online or from the local court) and sue for breach of contract.

It will cost an admin fee but you will get that back as well as the original cost plus interest. The Club won't contest the action unless your stoned stone has been laid.

The club at the moment list the Boleyn Ground as the registered address for the Champions Stone which means they cannot be currently served which in itself is illegal.

Information about us
We sell Products via the website http://www.championsplace.whufc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; We are West Ham United Football Club Limited, (THE), a company registered in England under company No. 5993863 and with our registered office and main trading address at Boleyn Ground, Green Street, Upton Park, London E13 9AZ. ("we", "us", "our", "West Ham", the "Club")

https://championsplace.whufc.com/termsAndConditions.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edit - With thanks for Kialos for all the hard work put into this issue
sanchoz

Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Postby baggs1981 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:35 am

Unfortunately most of my attempts have been by phone so no record.. but they definitely haven't responded to my email from 8th August this year. I've emailed them again now, will see what happens.

Last I looked, in the section where the stone I purchased should be I can see that there is a duplicate of someone else's, unlikely they bought 2 of the same so seems to be the error, the first time I called the Champions place line (when it still existed) the person nonchalantly said they have heard that has happened with quite a few.

I will have to take a pic when next there to send to them.

Annoying that these types of things start to make you think it's your own fault for not chasing / checking / keeping logs when actually it's WH entirely at fault. Just another on the list of WH disappointments.
baggs1981

Postby fmgod on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:04 am

Is there not like an online database of them, maybe after going to the World Trade center and there was a grid reference for every name, surely they easily could've done something like that.
fmgod

Postby Big George on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:08 am

baggs1981 wrote:Unfortunately most of my attempts have been by phone so no record.. but they definitely haven't responded to my email from 8th August this year. I've emailed them again now, will see what happens.

Last I looked, in the section where the stone I purchased should be I can see that there is a duplicate of someone else's, unlikely they bought 2 of the same so seems to be the error, the first time I called the Champions place line (when it still existed) the person nonchalantly said they have heard that has happened with quite a few.

I will have to take a pic when next there to send to them.

Annoying that these types of things start to make you think it's your own fault for not chasing / checking / keeping logs when actually it's WH entirely at fault. Just another on the list of WH disappointments.

Let me know what comes back.
Big George

Postby baggs1981 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:22 am

fmgod wrote:Is there not like an online database of them, maybe after going to the World Trade center and there was a grid reference for every name, surely they easily could've done something like that.

We each got sent a map with the general location our stone has been laid, but yes I agree these things should be simple to manage and implement.

Having said that, I was again given insight to the calibre of staff at West Ham when they felt the need to 'correct' the shirt printing my wife got for me to say 'Dad Too Twins' :eh: !! (they have since thankfully replaced the shirt). So I appreciate some things are more of a struggle for some people.
baggs1981

Postby rciron on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:55 pm

Disgusting ***** Gold Sullivan and Brady should be hauled out and publicly flogged by the Bobby statue, how can.they treat people this way?
rciron

Postby JCA on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:48 pm

Sorry to hear others have had problems. My wife got me and our two lads a stone for Xmas prior to our move. It must have been amongst the first laid as we found it easily before one of our early Europa League games. No problems for us. Haven't been back to look at it again though.
JCA

Postby Pop Robson on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:38 am

JCA wrote:Sorry to hear others have had problems. My wife got me and our two lads a stone for Xmas prior to our move. It must have been amongst the first laid as we found it easily before one of our early Europa League games. No problems for us. Haven't been back to look at it again though.

Probably faded already, same old West Ham doing on the cheap

Mine old Bolyen brick was transferred over to a stone. Took 3 months to get a final decision where is was and I found it and ain't been back since either !!
Pop Robson

Postby baggs1981 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:46 am

Well the latest update is that there is no update, no reply, no acknowledgement, nothing from WH at all.

At least they are consistent I suppose :P
baggs1981

Postby brun61 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:28 pm

My Son & Daughter did the same in buying me one when they 1st came out, I was told it was in phase E,C,W,C section, after several attempts to find it by a number of people I contacted the club via e-mail, No response for 10 months so e-mailed them again, 6/7 months later was told ' been searching the photos & once found we will contact you' this took about another 4/5 months & then informed my stone was in Boys of *6which is on the opposite side of the whole layout, we found it before the sxxxs game, more b*llocks from them so called caring owners, tell them you want a refund of the full amount, its worked for some people, GOOD LUCK
brun61

Postby Kialos on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:45 pm

baggs1981 wrote:Well the latest update is that there is no update, no reply, no acknowledgement, nothing from WH at all.

At least they are consistent I suppose :P

Send your details to WHUISA email enquiries@whuisa.org

They have an ongoing interest in Champions Clusterfek.

Apparently Tara Warren told them in person that everything was sorted and under control........

Looks like they can't even manage sending an acknowledgement email at the moment.
Kialos

Postby hammers76 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:44 pm

My wife ordered one for me and my son, Easter 2015.

She was told they were fitted in the first phase and gave us an area they were in so we could go and check. We looked for about the first three games and gave up, couldn’t find them. Anyway, imagine her suprise when she got an email about three weeks ago saying they have only just been installed, in a totally different location!

She emailed them to moan about being lied to originally etc and having our time wasted. She got a reply today apologising and as a gesture of goodwill they are sending us a replica of the stone, not sure why I want a replica in my house but it’s something I guess.

Wonder how many others haven’t had the stones they paid for?
hammers76

Postby scottyboy71 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:12 am

hammers76 wrote:She emailed them to moan about being lied to originally etc and having our time wasted. She got a reply today apologising and as a gesture of goodwill they are sending us a replica of the stone, not sure why I want a replica in my house but it’s something I guess?

I thought you received a replica as a matter of course. I'm sure I was told I'd get one when I bought mine.
scottyboy71

Postby Big George on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:32 am

hammers76 wrote:She emailed them to moan about being lied to originally etc and having our time wasted. She got a reply today apologising and as a gesture of goodwill they are sending us a replica of the stone, not sure why I want a replica in my house but it’s something I guess.

Who was the email from H76?
Big George

Postby hammers76 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:31 pm

Scottyboy, not sure but we never received one when it was supposedly put down but my wife seems to think they were the same cost as the stones themselves. Whether there were different packages or not I couldn’t say it they are advertised as £48 plus shipping at the moment.

Big George she emailed supporterservices@westhamunited.co.uk and a lady called meg dealt with it. She emailed a few times before She got a response.
hammers76

Postby Up the Junction on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:09 pm

I've never seen mine.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Next

Return to General Discussion