Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

rtwhufc83

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by rtwhufc83 »

Who's Andy Carroll?
woodywoody
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by woodywoody »

On maternity leave lol
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Carroll singing?
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

Utter waste of space, no committment, no professionalism, no goals

Will be a good day when he leaves
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Genuinely of the belief that the best thing that can happen to any manager of WHU is for a team to not have the option of being built around Carroll, even with the inevitable “grinding out a few results” that the stats will show he assists with.

Over the last 5 seasons almost all of our best football has involved this bloke being injured or on the bench. Almost all of it a reaction to not being able to default to his elbows and knees.

This season under Bilic and initially under Moyes was the final straw, audible groans and discussions of frustration before kick off on seeing his name in the starting 11. One of the most one dimensional footballers we’ve ever paid big bucks to.

Carlton Cole with more potential and less heart.

I hope we get some decent offers for him next month and sell him.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I suppose the question which tells you all you need to know about your opinion of him is "Would you sell him to a rival team?"
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Would a rival team take him?
Toon would maybe. Should've taken the 30m from the Chinese last January
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I suppose the question which tells you all you need to know about your opinion of him is "Would you sell him to a rival team?"
Yeah I would for decent money.

Personally think he seems a decent enough bloke. Professionally I think he’s basically on the slide as a good footballer and has really never lived up to his potential beyond anything more than a 20 goal a season championship striker.

That header in the 3-2 win over Sweden isn’t going to be repeated. What would be their gain and our loss? Dazzling football played on the ground? Goals?
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I suppose the question which tells you all you need to know about your opinion of him is "Would you sell him to a rival team?"
Andy is awesome on his day, unfortunately his day doesn't seem to come along very frequently.

I'd sell him to a rival team, without too much concern at all any more.
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Absolutely, what better way to weaken a rival than by saddling them with an expensive flop (if the last few years have been anything to go by), especially if it means they spunk all or a significant chunk of their transfer wedge on Carroll.

A few weeks ago I fancied him to go to Everton when Sam was appointed there.
westhamshares
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by westhamshares »

a personal gripe of mine is that if a player is injured then unless that injury is of a severe nature they should be expected to attend all games to show support for the team.

Bearing in mind Andy's comments about us fickle fans I'm interested to know if he turns up when he isn't picked when seemingly not injured or if injured is he at the training ground working on recovering

suspect that's a rhetorical questions/observation and we all know where he probably wasn't
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

I read somewhere yesterday that he now has 'a back problem'. Nothing a couple of weeks in Dubai shouldn't fix I suppose.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

I have no proof to back up my hunch but I keep thinking rehab.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

ageing hammer wrote:I have no proof to back up my hunch but I keep thinking rehab.
I have the same thoughts.

I think the best we can hope for is a loan deal.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

We're stuck with him in our squad, until his contract expires (surely nobody with any clout on the board is going to look to extend it...)

The most important thing, though, is that we've expensive and more recent recruits straining at the leash, anxious to get some pitch time.

As matters stand, none of the following are starters

1. Hernandez
2. Ayew
3. Sakho
4. Carroll.

I have deliberately put AC in the place in the queue that I think Moyes also identifies.

He's yesterday's man and I cannot even see Allardyce thinking he would be worth the agg these days.
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

I think it's a bit revisionist to say this fella has been a waste of time, he's done some good stuff for us.

This season, however, it's all come crumbling down. Forget potency in front of goal, the dirty work that he's typically been good at doing has also been off the mark so as a team we haven't been able to trust him.

Thing is, in games like City, Chelsea and Arsenal, if he'd have played we wouldn't have had the outlet(s) that we did in Antonio and Arnie. I'd hang on to him, he's an option, but he's not a player to build a team around.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

He will end up at somewhere like Wolves, Leeds or Villa. Possibly good as an impact sub but the game is all about pace and mobility these days so his time in the top flight as a starter should be over.
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

He's had a few games over the years where he has genuinely looked unplayable.

Awesome in the air, bullies defenders and he can destroy teams from set pieces.

The problem though is that we are just one league game away from the half-way mark in his sixth season here and he's stuck on a grand total of just 30 league goals.

He's never been much good with the ball at his feet either. He had a decent run of games earlier this season where he was fully fit but fluffed his chance in terms of both performances (poor) and goals (zero).

I'd be shocked if he's still here by the time the January window shuts.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

get rid asap. 5m - 10m to Newcastle just get rid.

useless over the many years.

the odd good game followed by more out injured.

our strikers are Hernandez sakho ayew Martinez

get rid.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

We look so much better without him standing there back to goal offering no movement.I have enjoyed watching us break out with the pace and power of arnie and Antonio on the counter these last 4 games, and long may it continue.I put him last in the pecking order behind Chico and Sakho and Antonio for the lead man.

Get rid do not even think of taking up the 2 year option on his contract.