Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 West Ham Utd (04/01/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Re: Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham Utd match thread

Post by eastsider »

DasNutNock wrote:Just read the OV for this one. My goodness. What a bunch of classless, ill-informed, cretins.
That is a terrible thing to say...........They are much worse than that!! :D
delbert
Has liked: 699 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

wigwig wrote:Could be the first £100 million defender. :-p Must be first choice for Ireland now as well which will do him the world of good in aiding his development.
How long before he's flogged off..? :(
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 843 likes

Post by mushy »

Carrerageorge wrote: A key attacking player in Antonio was also missing
Really? who do you think he would have replaced in the team?
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2427 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

Spurs OV nice and juicy as always. :thup:
Skandi Brudson
Has liked: 472 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Skandi Brudson »

I wish people would ease up on the Rice as some Moore/Beckenbauer hybrid.

He had a great game and is coming along nicely but let’s leave it at that. He doesn’t need the added weight of expectation. Trying to establish himself as a first choice in a relegation threatened team should be enough.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 357 likes
Total likes: 794 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Don't know what I love more, Obiang's goal, or Moyes total look of disbelief. He was as shocked as any of us.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

taffhammer wrote: Crouchend_Hammer What is cobblers?

I think its the fact some people are unhappy with a point at Spurs given our current state. If we had a decent hold up player up top from the start as they showed they had no answer to our defensive approach we could have won it.

No one, not even Crouchend is unhappy with a point. It's merely the way we continue to go about it that grates. All this ultra defensive gameplay and mindset is not how some of us want us to play and I think it's a very valid opinion to hold. But don't confuse it with getting a well earned point against Spurs as the same, because people can still acknowledge a hard earned point (its not the players fault what's asked of them to do) and also realise it wasn't achieved in the style we'd like to see our Team play.

It's a shame because with just a bit of ambition, we could have actually won there again this season without having to go recklessly gun-ho. Even when we went a goal up, I still neger felt confident we'd see the win out as I felt we'd still continue to sit back and hold on for dear life which is what happened. It's all about getting the balance right and it's too one sided for fear of conceding that's got some of us concerned about sacrificing so much of our attacking play in general since he's been our manager.

Good defensive play shouldn't ever come at the expense of very little forward play. I'm also a big believer that the best form of defence is attack, if it's managed right.