Mark Noble - West Ham Legend 500 up

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 818 likes

Re: Mark Noble - West Ham Legend

Post by RichieRiv »

bubbles1966 wrote:I haven't suggested that he is ungrateful; it's your line that I disagree with.

"Gratitude" belongs to acts of civility, kindness and charity - not to people being paid tens of thousands of pounds per week to do a job. Commitment and endeavour should be a given.
Are you being deliberately obtuse?

You have a problem with me being grateful for having player who is a fan of the club he plays for and who has record number of Premier Leagues appearances? That no other player is likely to even get close to? To appreciate the last in the long line of West Ham greats.

I find it incredibly conceited and patronising that you feel you can define what gratitude means and then apply it to my opinion, when I have been very clear to what it means to me. You are obsessed with wealth, money and this concept of subservience, which was never the point of my initial post - again clarified.

I think it's you that have some deep seated issues, not me nor Mark Noble.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2425 likes
Total likes: 4252 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

RichieRiv wrote:I think it's you that have some deep seated issues,
Oh gawd, Image
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Liverpool 0 West Ham United 3

Don't ever forget, people. Ever.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 828 likes
Total likes: 1963 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Love the Lucas 'calm down' gesture in the background. Needs a curly wig, natch, but close enough.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6831 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Colours never run »

bubbles1966 wrote:
In his first 8 games this season, we won 1 (we were drawing until he was subbed), drew 1, lost 6. We conceded 21 goals.

Who are you pinning that on? Noble (allegedly so influential the entire result is down to him) or Bilic ?

So you answered my question with a different question of your own?

But as you asked, I'd lay part of the blame at both Noble the Captain and the manager. That still doesn't answer my initial question though..
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

And for what it's worth Richie, I'm also extremely grateful to have someone like Noble at our Club representing us on many levels. I understood what you were getting at as players like him are a dying breed who are prepared to commit so much to 1 Club and give so much both on and off the field. To see someone out there week in week out doing it for the love of the Club like any of us would if given half a chance is something special in today's game indeed. The fact he earns a mint is neither here nor there but good luck to him for being able too, I'm just glad he does it for us.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 351 likes
Total likes: 791 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Bend it like Repka wrote: I said months ago we will never win a game with Koyate/Obiang in the middle, and I can't have been far out. Noble does better than both of them, but we are still well short.

We need a top quality CM, maybe 2, more than any other position.
The case for the prosecution rests.

Once again, this time versus the mighty Shrewsbury, those two were truly awful.

Koyate is not fit to wear the shirt any more. Along with Sakho he should be out the door this window as top priority.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Kouyate and Obiang were visibly f**ked after half an hour. Having two central midfielders finished after a third of the game would effect any team in the world, especially when Kouyate is pretty s**t most of the time when he's fully fit.

We really could have done with Noble today, I think he and Cullen would have worked well, we'd have certainly kept it on the deck more.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5524 likes
Total likes: 3042 likes

Post by MB »

Bit harsh on Kouyate as he has had a few decent games with Noble alongside him. Him and Obiang just do not work as a pair for some reason.

I’d have gone with Cullen and Kouyate with another attacking midfielder ahead of them today. Cullen would have slotted nicely in that Noble role as he has been groomed for it most of his career.

We desperately need bodies in the middle.
Bend it like Repka

MB wrote:Bit harsh on Kouyate
No it's not.
MB wrote:as he has had a few decent games with Noble alongside him.
I'm struggling....
MB wrote:Him and Obiang just do not work as a pair for some reason.
The reason being neither have any great technical ability and can barely pass a ball accurately. Plus Koyate's attitude sucks and is a disgrace for a pro.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5524 likes
Total likes: 3042 likes

Post by MB »

Fair enough mate.. I think he is a limited footballer who blows hot and cold, but we need his physical presence which is why I think three managers have consistently picked him despite his obvious flaws.

Like our three senior cams, he struggles from not being an attacking midfielder or a defensive one.
szola
Has liked: 584 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by szola »

He is a great captain on Twitter :thup:
Bend it like Repka

MB wrote:Fair enough mate.. I think he is a limited footballer who blows hot and cold, but we need his physical presence which is why I think three managers have consistently picked him despite his obvious flaws.

Like our three senior cams, he struggles from not being an attacking midfielder or a defensive one.
I think the Koyate of this season is totally unrecognisable from the one of 3 seasons ago. That player had drive and ambition, he burst into runs forward with the ball and was a very effective player.

This season he has been a disgrace. How many times has he been highlighted losing his player who goes onto score? He jogs around doing the bare minimum. I don't know whether he has been hanging around with Sakho too much, but he clearly doesn't give a ****.
rciron
Has liked: 295 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Jumby wrote:Kouyate and Obiang were visibly f**ked after half an hour. Having two central midfielders finished after a third of the game would effect any team in the world, especially when Kouyate is pretty s**t most of the time when he's fully fit.

We really could have done with Noble today, I think he and Cullen would have worked well, we'd have certainly kept it on the deck more.
:thup: more worrying why could Moyes not see this? Noble and Cullen our new CM partnership f*** paying 15m for Artur
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

szola wrote:He is a great captain on Twitter :thup:
Just seen his tweet harsh but very funny
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

szola wrote:He is a great captain on Twitter :thup:
Bit of banter at a player making his first start and doing a fine job. I bet young Josh is over the moon with that sort of acknowledgment from the captain.
Colours never run

Back in the side and back to winning ways as Mr. Composure strikes again with a cool finish. Night and day performance from the previous game he wasn't in it. Well played Captain.
miles
This site...
Has liked: 302 likes
Total likes: 383 likes

Post by miles »

Reminded me of Xavi at his best today.
Diogenes
Has liked: 428 likes
Total likes: 1131 likes

Post by Diogenes »

Another good game and seems to have had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders. Our current 'defensive' style I feel suits his abilities in that his weaknesses are less exposed and strengths maximised. Long may it continue.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Pirlo looked lost in New York when he was asked to do something different to his usual game. Mark is now back to doing what he is best at, long may it continue.

The legs are still there.