Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by mushy »

61dicksey wrote:Our stadium reminds me of Brighton at the dog track only we are on a bit bigger scale .
What dog track?
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

Just seeing all the Spurs/NFL stuff announced. Frightening on a commercial level how huge that deal could be for them when you consider 250m people watch NFL in a week. Also frightening how many light years Levy is ahead of GSB in his foresight.Looking forward to seeing the seahawks in an NFL stadium as opposed to Wembley can’t wait.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

bubbles500 wrote:Just seeing all the Spurs/NFL stuff announced. Frightening on a commercial level how huge that deal could be for them when you consider 250m people watch NFL in a week. Also frightening how many light years Levy is ahead of GSB in his foresight.Looking forward to seeing the seahawks in an NFL stadium as opposed to Wembley can’t wait.
I'm pretty sure the NFL chucked a load of money at Spurs to help build the stadium, they have their own NFL changing rooms and entrances and what not.

Gutted.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

I didn’t really realise how big a deal it was till today. I thought 2 games a year big deal. But it’s all the commercial spin offs I’d expect their naming rights deal to be massive. I think they will go well ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal and possibly Chelsea depending on Abramovich future involvement which seems to be on the drift.
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

I think it's a 10 year deal for Spurs too. They'll rake it the money. It'll become the home of the NFL in London no doubt, and with that comes pretty much all of the US talking about them.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

bubbles500 wrote:I didn’t really realise how big a deal it was till today. I thought 2 games a year big deal. But it’s all the commercial spin offs I’d expect their naming rights deal to be massive. I think they will go well ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal and possibly Chelsea depending on Abramovich future involvement which seems to be on the drift.
I find it absolutely astonishing that people accuse you of being a Spurs supporter.
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

It’s all over the news and I love NFL. Sorry I’ll only post West Ham related stuff in future. :thup:
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

mushy wrote: What dog track?

Maybe he means the withdean
Eastcoast
Location: Sunrise Coast - totscum hotspur its happened again!

Post by Eastcoast »

Does anyone know where we stand with our nice claret astro turf to surround the pitch?

I'm sick of looking at that faded green material every match, all rutted up and cheap looking.

Last I heard claret didn't fit LLC's brand for the stadium, they insist on blue.

What about a compromise - lets say claret & blue?

Or was that just another unfulfilled promise :thdn:
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Would be nice to actually see a bit more claret from the stands.
Northern_Light
Location: Where the Sun keeps on shining, even past the witching hour!

Post by Northern_Light »

bubbles500 wrote:I thought 2 games a year big deal. But it’s all the commercial spin offs I’d expect their naming rights deal to be massive.
I think you are spot on in seeing how Levi is taking advantage of the NFL games in London scenario, but I also think it was unrealistic that we could compete - we'd have to have the same profile and recent success of Spurs to even be in with a chance of competing. This isn't something you can throw at the board - Spurs haven't been dealing with two relegations in the last couple of decades.

We are struggling for stability, while they established stability 20 years ago and have been building on it ever since. We've had the Icelandic drama and then the 'saviourship' of GSB.

Come on, let's have some realism in this discussion, as well as insight.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Will our baroness carry on making herself look stupid having a pop at Levy , whilst not looking at the clusterfuck of a stadium and football club she has helped create
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

Bit of balance:
I was chatting to a photographer on the train the other night. He has just started covering Prem games having moved up from non league.
He said that the only clubs he has been to are us and Chelsea. At our place he gets really well looked after, hot drink and a sandwich at half time etc. While at Chelsea he got nothing and felt like he was more of a nuisance.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Coops wrote:Bit of balance:
I was chatting to a photographer on the train the other night. He has just started covering Prem games having moved up from non league.
He said that the only clubs he has been to are us and Chelsea. At our place he gets really well looked after, hot drink and a sandwich at half time etc. While at Chelsea he got nothing and felt like he was more of a nuisance.
I can only presume Moose is grabbing his share then as he never stops praising the care he gets there even on personal terms with the chef so he claims.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

I'm not sure sharing with the NFL is the promised land, although better than sharing with athletics. It's a big investment plan, maybe a cash drainer (as was Emirates) in the short term. Always thought the 'Lane' was a dump anyway. Big (in the 70s) but p****. And full of morons to boot
bubbles500

Post by bubbles500 »

There’s always this myth about emirates being a cash drainer to build. The reason Arsenal got stretched was because they redeveloped Highbury to flats. Although they profited from it in the end it stretched them to the limit.if they just built the stadium and sold the land they’d probably have been better off.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

mushy wrote: What dog track?
Adrianisournumber1 wrote: Maybe he means the withdean
yes, I thought that but think he must mean athletics track.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Why don't they just pull up the rug and expose the claret running track? Job done and for free
Or do the retractable seats fully cover it?
Corney Beal

Post by Corney Beal »

Coops wrote:Bit of balance:

That's only because The Moose reached the press room before him at Chelsea.
Udonhammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Udonhammer »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Would be nice to actually see a bit more claret from the stands.
next time chelsea come