Transfer Window: January 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

tizzwoz

Re: January transfer window

Post by tizzwoz »

I see the Adama Traore link is back. Im just curious if its the same Adama Traore that has never scored a career goal? The same Adama Traore that has only started 6 games for Boro this season (and subbed off in 3 of them and red carded in 1 of them). Is it the same Adama Traore who, in 37 appearances for Aston Villa managed just 2 assists? Im curious, if he doesn't score goals, doesn't assist goals and we all recognise he has limited actual football intelligence... What exactly are we expecting from him? Pace is great, but he has shown over 3 seasons now that he has no end product to it.
Condorhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Condorhammer »

Hammer CA

"Frankly, it’s better to spend much more knowing for certain that what you’re buying are the proper goods — in dodgy jeans or not — at the end of the season, rather than in the middle of it.

Liverpool’s American owners will decide whether Jurgen Klopp can spend the Coutinho cache, which will be paid £106m up front with add-ons to come.

Would I tell him to spend the lot? Yes, I would, and so would West Ham’s owners. We believe that players are the starters, main course and dessert of any club that plans to serve its supporters well.

One problem for a team in our position is that to attract the highest-calibre players, we need the promise of big things to come.

It’s a promise we intend to keep — but, for today, we shall have to delay being Barcelona".

I'm not sure whether she's deluded to such an extent where she's starting to believe her own lies, or enjoys winding the fans up!

Odious bint!
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Hammer.CA wrote:
What has Cruella said now?
http://www.claretandhugh.info/karren-br ... -just-yet/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Condorhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Condorhammer »

Cheers TOMOS, but I couldn't bring myself to post a link to that old sycophants apology of a fan site, hence the cut and paste.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Coleman on Ndong:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... tford.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'If it's a loan deal and he has to play 75 per cent of games for a fee to be involved, he will probably only play 73 per cent.

Wonder who he could mean :P
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

ToiletDuck wrote:Hugh, bit surprised about the Oxford not being good enough comment.

while i agree there is something odd about the situation, having been coveted by the money bags teams, captaining the national side (above his age i believe) i would say that his prospects & potential are definatley there
He is the holy grail of modern centre halves if he clicks which is why the top clubs are interested, but he is very young for the role he needs to play which makes him risky currently. A bit like John Stones was at that age.

I think the club have looked to protect him, but I wonder if the player (or his agent) thinks he should be a starter now with the pound notes which come with it. There were questions about his attitude at Reading and he didn’t cover himself in glory on the rare occasions he got on the pitch. Ze Germans were cautious with him too.

He needs experience, but there is risk in playing him. A bit of a catch 22. With us playing three at the back he should be able to get minutes for us, but not sure Moyes would start him currently.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

"Delay being Barcelona" :lol:

It's more than laughable, It's sad that they keep coming out with this utter horse ****.

They can't even compete with championship sides in terms of funding and still talk up their delusions.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Latest update (from Jinxed):

* Sakho fee was agreed but talks broke down over remuneration

* Offer (circa £7m) for Coquelin submitted, but Arsenal looking for £12m

* Bilic spoke with Stoke but not the right role for him
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Brady is very skilled at PR. If you analyse what she's written it's all perfectly reasonable and sensible. It's all complete nonsense of course but it presents an image of a well-run organised football club. Unfortunately West Ham is the opposite of that. That's what she's there for to present a smiling face to the outside (non whu)world.
MB

Post by MB »

smuts wrote:"Delay being Barcelona" :lol:

It's more than laughable, It's sad that they keep coming out with this utter horse ****.

They can't even compete with championship sides in terms of funding and still talk up their delusions.
Probably need to try being Bournemouth first!

The contrast with Moyes’ assessment is striking.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

Up the Junction wrote:Latest update (from Jinxed):

Think our offer was more like it than Arsenal's valuation. I think they got near that from the Spanish though. Sakho's non-deal shows one problem we have about selling players. Our wages are significantly higher than other struggling clubs, so want-away players won't necessarily find the promised land is so easy to find. Bilic shows good sense to avoid that job
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Would it be feasible to offer Sakho a pay off (sweetener) so that we can at least recover some form of fee for him do we think UTJ ?
MB

Post by MB »

If the reports about his contract are true, then we’d be crazy to pay him off. I imagine he wants going rate as his basic, but I doubt anyone will pay that given his injury problems.
JohnnyMoncs

Post by JohnnyMoncs »

They should have sold him to Rennes in the summer and been done with him once and for all. I hope he leaves on a free now.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Thanks Condor and TOMOS but I don't think she was referring to West Ham,

'We believe that players are the starters, main course and dessert of any club that plans to serve its supporters well.' :thdn:
hammersi01

Post by hammersi01 »

Ndong just sent off for Sunderland... Doing a Defoe??
mickthekeeper
Has liked: 179 likes
Total likes: 232 likes

Post by mickthekeeper »

only1post wrote:Ndong starting for Sunderland.
On Sky in 40 minutes if anyone is interested.
And just been sent off - a little bit unlucky but can see why it was a red

Nailed on the sign him now he can’t play for 3 weeks :)
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Coquelin Confirmed at Valencia for the £12 million, for the sake of £5 million we missed yet another defensive midfield target.

I hope Coquelin wasn’t one that Moyes especially wanted and there are other targets but this is getting to be a joke
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Hammer.CA wrote:Thanks Condor and TOMOS but I don't think she was referring to West Ham,

'We believe that players are the starters, main course and dessert of any club that plans to serve its supporters well.' :thdn:
We believe that players are the starters, main course and dessert of any club that plans to serve its supporters well.
(However, we don't have any supporters, we only have customers)
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

She forgot the cheeseboard.