Huddersfield Town 1-4 West Ham Utd (13/01/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

OFT
Has liked: 2953 likes
Total likes: 1745 likes

Re: Huddersfield Town v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by OFT »

DasNutNock wrote:Well they got that game squared away nice & quick, didn’t they. If that had been Citeh, we’d have had 15 minutes of footage & another 15 talking about Pep.
Lampard could n't wait to get Chelsea in on the West Ham /Huddersfield discussion......floppy gobbed ****
carlokilkennie
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by carlokilkennie »

junior, on match of the day? doughnut. :crest:
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Eh? Pinching his nose is a notable offence? WTF?
Patito

Post by Patito »

DasNutNock wrote:We saw footage of Lanzini & Arnie smile & hug at the end of the match. No disharmony there.

Cresswell ran over and hugged Lanzini to the floor after the 4th too
europeanscum

Post by europeanscum »

thanks for clarifying, was just the short highlights (via the sky app iirc).
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 2343 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

DasNutNock wrote:Eh? Pinching his nose is a notable offence? WTF?
It used to be a racist thing back when I was at school. Some of the ruffians in my school team used to do it to the black kids from the opposition. All due to the racial slur that black people smell

I doubt Jay Rodriguez used it in that manner though
Carrerageorge

Post by Carrerageorge »

BondsoBob wrote:Well done lads. A 4-1 win away from home is always a brilliant result. No matter who the opposition. BTW when was the last time we scored 4 away from home in the top flight ?
Swansea away Boxing day last season
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 828 likes
Total likes: 1963 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

God, I'm glad I'm not a STH at Huddersfield.

Those clapping things would send me round the bend.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Our third goal, was a thing of beauty.

Moyes done his homework on Huddersfield before the game. As they just said on MOTD they like to play out from defence & our forward players closed off all their options. (Their error, gave Noble his goal).

Feels good to be a Hammer tonight.

Well done Moyes. Well done the players. Well done the travelling fans. Well done West Ham United.

C.O.Y.I
kitthehammer
Has liked: 75 likes
Total likes: 304 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Eh? Pinching his nose is a notable offence? WTF?

It used to be a racist thing back when I was at school. Some of the ruffians in my school team used to do it to the black kids from the opposition. All due to the racial slur that black people smell

I doubt Jay Rodriguez used it in that manner though
I don't want to stir up the whole racism thing but this week has just been rife with accusations and about things i'd never heard of:

there is this (i'd never heard of it being racist to say black people smell before).
i saw something online about a white woman taking a cotton plant into work in america (i understand this but i'd never heard of it).
then there was the h&m clothing thing which has resulted in their shops being trashed in africa, whilst the black mother of the kid in the ad is telling people it didn't bother her and people were overreacting.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 75 likes
Total likes: 304 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Having seen the extended highlights on sky I have to say it was great today and the team played really well but Huddersfield really weren't very good and we musn't get complacent over the next 5/6 matches. This period defines our season and we must succeed. I'll start lauding the team if by mid february we have 35 points or above and are still in the fa cup.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2596 likes
Total likes: 1729 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

The partnership of Arnautovic and Lanzini has now blossomed and we benefited from that today also our tactics were spot on . You'd think that Wagner would change things a bit but Huddersfield will insist on playing those silly little passes out of defence and we capitalised on that with 3 of our players spaced out in a triangle waiting to pounce - Lolley replied with an excellently placed shot beyond Adrian , we possibly gave him two more steps than Man Utd would have given him but hey ho .
The second half was 10 seconds old when Ogbonna found Kouyate with a long pass who in turn found Arnautovic with a flick on , the Austrian Maestro ****ed the ball over the Huddersfield defender , Smith with his right foot and volleyed for a goal with his left , Arnautovic then slipped Lanzini through for our third and yet again after a pass out of defence from Kouyate down the right it was Arnautovic who fended off the opposition defender with Lanzini finishing well for our fourth .

A very pleasing result .

P.S Kumb Word Blocker that was ' F-l-i-c-k-e-d the ball over ' not..... :)
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by goa127 »

I saw a player playing for us who I didn't recognise, I wonder if someone could identify him. He was a tall African fellow with a cast on his arm who looked just like kouyate, but this bloke ran all over the pitch, and passed and tackled intelligently, who is he?
Samba
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 898 likes

Post by Samba »

mumbles87 wrote: "EastleighHammer16"Adrian, Zabaleta, Collins, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Masuaku, Obiang, Noble, Kouyate, Lanzini, Arnautovic. That's Ex's 'Predicted' line-up. So that's the team.
If this turns out to be the line up I think 3-1 with arnie scoring 2 and lanzini poppin up with one
Credit where it's due, mumbles. Almost spot on!

Unbeaten in 2018! :scarfer:
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 155 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Great day out and a superb win, pretty much everything went right for us today. I said at half time we didn’t deserve to be drawing and if Lanzini and Arnie could get on the same wavelength we had the ability to annihilate them - we did! Back 5 was decent again. I’m a big critic of Kouyate but he was very good today, all we ask for is some effort. Captain “legs have gone” Noble superb once again.

Although their clappers were irritating I thought their support was superb and very noisy, fair play to them, hope they stay up as there are far worse clubs and towns in this league than Huddersfield.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Fair play to Moyes.

I call him out when he gets it wrong so it's fair when he gets it right.

The counter attacking worked today.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Lanzini first half and second half were different players. Him and Arnie though. What a great little partnership :thup:
rciron
Has liked: 295 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Peaches wrote:The most disappointing thing is if not for Bobby Madley, wed be in 9th right now.
:thup: absolute **** of a ref
rciron
Has liked: 295 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

prophet:marginal wrote:God, I'm glad I'm not a STH at Huddersfield.

Those clapping things would send me round the bend.
It's a northern Championship thing, when they are struggling for numbers and atmosphere, bit like playing music when they score, cos they ain't got enough people to cheer, and f*** me, people complain at our place, but they had all gone home on 80 mins to 'make tea'
Guess who made a killing outside the home stand selling clappers? Before driving the team coach home?
Grovellini1972

Post by Grovellini1972 »

Just watched the highlights and read the post match comments. A great effort I was doom and gloom until a few weeks back but this is becoming a great turnaround. Kouate now putting in a shift, Zabaleta just gets on with it game after game and the top two looking a great partnership.
The whole are more confident and the football is also becoming more attractive. Credit to Moyes as I wasn't inspired with his appointment. Let's go for the next few league games to really push on.
SSN presenter just read out Adrian's Twitter - #COYI, Come On YI what does that mean :lol:
Well informed in the sports world
!