NFL Thread 2017/18

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Re: NFL Thread 2017/18

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Vince wrote: Falcons upped their game and were worthy winners. I believe they still have more to offer.
Have a good chance next weekend against the Eagles.

Looking forward to watching the Saints/Panthers game in a few. Could be a humdinger.
As long as the Falcons don't beat themselves they should handle the Eagles. Long term weather forecast is for mild conditions, so freak storms to slow the game down.

Panthers-Saints was fun to watch but neither team inspires a lot of confidence. Should be the Vikings game to lose. The two AFC games should be entertaining.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 417 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

bitter-iron-ny wrote:
Rams not prepared for the intensity of the playoffs. Rookie coach, first-year starting QB. They'll be in the mix for years to come however.
I hope so mate. A bit depressing sometimes supporting a crap NFL and football team :P

I really thought we'd beat Atlanta, so i'm pretty disapointed. Still when i look back to last season the improvement is ten fold.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Cockneyboy311 wrote:
I hope so mate. A bit depressing sometimes supporting a crap NFL and football team :P

I really thought we'd beat Atlanta, so i'm pretty disapointed. Still when i look back to last season the improvement is ten fold.
There's no way to look at the Rams season as anything other than a huge success. Starting the season with a 31 year old rookie head coach and a QB that was already being written off as a bust to dominating one of the tougher divisions in the NFL ain't a bad thing.

Better than the Giants, who were basically the polar opposite.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

The news got out earlier today about the teams participating in London games this year, leaving the league to announce dates and times this morning. Sort of.

The first of the games will mark the debut of the NFL in the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium, a project the league has worked with the English soccer club on. The stadium is still under construction.

That one will feature the Seahawks and the Raiders on Oct. 14.

The Eagles will play the Jaguars either Oct. 21 or 28 at Wembley, and the Titans will play the Chargers on one of those two dates as well (apparently the league needed some flexibility) before nailing down which game would be played on which date.

With the Eagles, Seahawks and Titans making their debut across the pond, it leaves just three teams who have yet to appear in England — the Panthers, Texans and Packers.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 417 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

bitter-iron-ny wrote:The news got out earlier today about the teams participating in London games this year, leaving the league to announce dates and times this morning. Sort of.

The first of the games will mark the debut of the NFL in the new Tottenham Hotspur stadium, a project the league has worked with the English soccer club on. The stadium is still under construction.

That one will feature the Seahawks and the Raiders on Oct. 14.

The Eagles will play the Jaguars either Oct. 21 or 28 at Wembley, and the Titans will play the Chargers on one of those two dates as well (apparently the league needed some flexibility) before nailing down which game would be played on which date.

With the Eagles, Seahawks and Titans making their debut across the pond, it leaves just three teams who have yet to appear in England — the Panthers, Texans and Packers.

Might try and get tickets for Seattle v Oakland.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Jags Eagles for me I think

Enjoyed the setup at Wembley last year
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Only reasons I would ever step foot in Tottenhams cr*p shack was for either Seahawks or WHUFC.

Will be wearing something WHUFC related on the day.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Im a complete novice where NFL is concerned. Someone today told me to stick a few quid on Philadelphia to win the Superbowl this year.

If anything I'll probably go E/W.

Thoughts ?
antony
Tory boy
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by antony »

I think you'd be wasting your money. A month ago maybe but their QB got injured and I think that is it for them as Nick Foles isn't winning anyone a super bowl. I'd be surprised to see them win 1 playoff game, let alone 3
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

I'm far from an expert, but I don't think the Eagles would be a good bet. See what bitter-ny says. He's about as dialed in as we have here.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 927 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

The Falcons look like a team coming into form - I was in the States over Xmas and a few TV pundits had them as dark horses.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

pablo jaye wrote:The Falcons look like a team coming into form - I was in the States over Xmas and a few TV pundits had them as dark horses.
Beginning of the season they were a lot of people favourites,( apart from the Patriots ) but have not been in the best of form. Maybe a Super Bowl hangover ?
With their receivers and two good running backs, they will always have a good chance.
They just need to protect Matt Ryan and stop giving stupid penalties away on the defence.
I think they will beat the Eagles today by 6 or 7 points.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

I stuck a fiver on the Eagles.......14/1

:oops:
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Titans looked good last week and they’re looking good early tonight. Can they maintain?
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

nope...
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Tell you what though, Titans are getting absolutely screwed on wrongly called penalties. Massive calls that have changed this game and they’ve flat out been wrong.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

the interference one on decker was awful :shock:
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Brady’s just too damned good.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

What a brain fart of a 4th down call that was for Tenn.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

WCpete wrote:Tell you what though, Titans are getting absolutely screwed on wrongly called penalties. Massive calls that have changed this game and they’ve flat out been wrong.
Yeah, Titans were always going to lose but a couple of poor calls by the officials killed any chance of a competitive game. The offensive pass interference was a joke, and then the offsides call on the NE punt was a very odd sequence where first it was called one way and then for some mysterious reason gets reversed.