West Ham Utd 1-1 AFC Bournemouth (20/01/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v AFC Bournemouth: match thread

Post by MB »

miles wrote:Stanislas was very good when he came on. Should never have sold him.
He asked to leave. We didn’t want him to go at the time,
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

first half we were so on top but needed the goal. no striker played at home is a worry.
second half Adrian made a mistake and got caught but both zaba and ginge were slow to close down.
a draw was a fair result overall.

we need a decent DM to come in to replace kouyate and obiang allowing Hernandez to start alongside lanzini and arnie.

Arthur didn't have much chance to do a lot as was faced by a couple of defenders as soon as he got the ball.

zaba did well going forward but gets caught for pace. a worry

lanzini being out is a blow as he is our main creative player. hopefully not for too long. we wont see him against wigan or palace that's for sure. Hernandez to partner arnie up top
hammerleroy

Post by hammerleroy »

Might have already been said but quite a decent pass for their goal. Who is that Junior Stanislas bloke, seems to ring a bell! :lol:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

hammerleroy wrote:Might have already been said but quite a decent pass for their goal. Who is that Junior Stanislas bloke, seems to ring a bell! :lol:

He is a silky little player, but I have always thought and still do think he has always lacked a certain je n'ais se qoiu
Graza

Post by Graza »

I've only seen the highlights on MOTD, did anyone see the challenge on Kouyate that set up the drop ball before their opening goal? Also didn't the ref take an age to let him back on.

Sloppy sloppy goal to conceed. Adrian came, stopped and went back. It's never a good look for a keeper and usually results in a goal. Then again Hart probably would have gone through the man and given away a penalty.

Happy that we salvaged a point. Not happy with the result in general. Even before Lanzini got crocked we looked lacking in last third ideas. His injury could be crucial in this next run of games if we fail to bolster the squad. It was telling that Hernandez aside we had no attacking options on the bench (yes Martinez but realistically he was never getting on), and just very few options in general. The clock is ticking, and either the guys who duct tape the players legs back on have to get busy or the owners have to find what happened to all the money.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

Regarding Stanilas, yes he has always been tidy on the ball and has fair pace but I distinctly remember him not liking a tackle when he was with us. Perhaps a couple of strong challenges would have made him ineffective again yesterday. I can't remember any of ours doing that when he came on.
gaptooth
Location: For the team - in a happy place. Board - in a dark place, with my head in my hands
Has liked: 145 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by gaptooth »

Highlight for me was Adrian ****ing up a back pass and volleying it out. Brave move on such a wet pitch. :D
gaptooth
Location: For the team - in a happy place. Board - in a dark place, with my head in my hands
Has liked: 145 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by gaptooth »

gaptooth wrote:Highlight for me was Adrian ****ing up a back pass and volleying it out. Brave move on such a wet pitch. :D
*F L I C K ing
WickfordHammer86

Post by WickfordHammer86 »

Yesterday's home performance was a bit more encouraging. Like many have said, we just lacked a bit of cutting edge, and the ability to score whilst we're on top. We had large periods in control, but Bournemouth finished stronger - probably more due to their fresh attacking legs off the bench and our 120 minutes on Tuesday night.

It would've been a horrible defeat to take, (what was Adrian doing for their goal by the way? Bungee cord attached to his waist and the crossbar.. come and claim that) but we showed good character to come back and equalise straight away - heads would normally drop.

How long until this long ball from kick off is snuffed out by the opposition? 2 goals in 2 weeks from it.
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

MB wrote:
He asked to leave. We didn’t want him to go at the time,
To be fair, the Dudley Dinosuar didn't seem to fancy him ..... His game time would of continued to be limited that season.

Was the best player on the pitch when came on yesterday.

Most on this site didn't think he was PL standard when he was with us or left for Burnley.

Think his time at Bournemouth would suggest otherwise.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

The Sherriff wrote:
To be fair, the Dudley Dinosuar didn't seem to fancy him ..... His game time would of continued to be limited that season.

Was the best player on the pitch when came on yesterday.

Most on this site didn't think he was PL standard when he was with us or left for Burnley.

Think his time at Bournemouth would suggest otherwise.
Sam said he didn’t want him to go. Whether that means he’d have got minutes is a different question.

It was probably the right move all round. I was merely saying it was instigated by the player rather than the club.
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

gaptooth wrote:Highlight for me was Adrian ****ing up a back pass and volleying it out. Brave move on such a wet pitch. :D
Yeah, you could feel everyone around taking deep breath in as the Bournemouth player was closing him down...then the sigh of relief when he belted it upfield....
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

I love Adrian but that particular bit of play was uneccesary and stupid considering the conditions. Just boot it first time instead of being clever right in front of your goal in the 6 yard box. It could easily have gone all very badly. I don't want him to give a manager a good reason to drop him again for something needless. Do love the nutter though.
johnnyb
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by johnnyb »

My immediate thought at the time was 'Adrian, you ****ing idiot'. Not the first time he has nearly ****ed up like that either. He seems to go into slow motion mode.
Andy.C

Post by Andy.C »

Graza wrote:I've only seen the highlights on MOTD, did anyone see the challenge on Kouyate that set up the drop ball before their opening goal? Also didn't the ref take an age to let him back on.

Sloppy sloppy goal to conceed. Adrian came, stopped and went back. It's never a good look for a keeper and usually results in a goal. Then again Hart probably would have gone through the man and given away a penalty.

Happy that we salvaged a point. Not happy with the result in general. Even before Lanzini got crocked we looked lacking in last third ideas. His injury could be crucial in this next run of games if we fail to bolster the squad. It was telling that Hernandez aside we had no attacking options on the bench (yes Martinez but realistically he was never getting on), and just very few options in general. The clock is ticking, and either the guys who duct tape the players legs back on have to get busy or the owners have to find what happened to all the money.
The challenge on Kouyate didn't look like a foul to us, he just lost the ball and went down and tried to con the ref and stayed down. Didn't look to us that he needed treatment but they came on and used the Majid sponge then he walked straight off and ready to come back on, so all pointless and we are a man down.You are right the ref didn't let him back on until they were on the attack, we kicked the ball straight back to them and they were off again while Kouyate was still off. I thought ref held him back on purpose cause he didn't think he was injured.Then the move came from where he should have been, good pass and well taken goal, ginge was ball watching and didn't see Fraser behind him in the space that maybe Kouyate should have been chasing back,if he was on and in position then Adrian came and stopped, and got beat by pace on his near side.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Highlight for me was Noble's beaming smile after shanking a shot out for a throw.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 485 likes
Total likes: 1955 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

Puff Daddy wrote:.....he has always lacked a certain je n'ais se qoiu
Mange tout, PD, mange tout.
Noble Man
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Noble Man »

Just home from this one and really enjoyed it despite the rain all day!!

Was staying local and called into the Carpenters enroute and, despite waiting an age for a pint, enjoyed it. Travelling alone I got speaking to a few guys and really enjoyed the chat. Loved the rendition of Sweet Caroline (it's a Northern Ireland supporters thing)!!

Was sitting in Block 237, row H, and thought the view was good - have certainly had worse!!The 2 guys sitting beside me were ST holders and again enjoyed the chat.

As for the game..... a lot of huff and puff with no real end product.Still enjoyed it though
old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

gaptooth wrote:Highlight for me was Adrian ****ing up a back pass and volleying it out. Brave move

The man's a clown
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Monkeybubbles wrote:
Highlight for me was Noble's beaming smile after shanking a shot out for a throw.
You must have good eyes. Seeing player's facial expressions ended for me when we moved to the athletics stadium. Adds to the feeling of being distant from, not part of the match.