FAC4: Wigan Athletic 2-0 West Ham Utd (27/01/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

LOS

Re: Wigan Athletic v West Ham Utd: FA Cup 4th rnd match thread

Post by LOS »

That away end holds more than the number of tickets they sell (something like accommodates 5500, they sell 4900 or similar) Its to do with the concourse size. They now limit the numbers in that north stand due to overcrowding downstairs. Don't remember that from prior visits.

But you're right - I'd assumed all the empties would be the back few rows. There was a big empty block in front of us, meaning we could actually sit down and watch the game second half with a great view. Dont get that at too many away games :lol:
Monkey Magic
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Monkey Magic »

Would have had Man City at home had we won, always makes me feel better to know we would have gone out anyway.
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

We would have had City so can’t see we would have gone much further anyway :lol:
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Wigan Athletic v Manchester City

Wonder if the b*llocks about the 9000 not available for cup games anymore still exists for away support
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Wigan will give it go, we'd have collasped 6-0
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Do you think Pep will just meekly stand there and do nothing if that **** who did Obiang does the same to one of his players? and do you think whoever is City's captain on the day, will do nothing too?
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

LOS wrote:That away end holds more than the number of tickets they sell (something like accommodates 5500, they sell 4900 or similar) Its to do with the concourse size. They now limit the numbers in that north stand due to overcrowding downstairs. Don't remember that from prior visits.

But you're right - I'd assumed all the empties would be the back few rows. There was a big empty block in front of us, meaning we could actually sit down and watch the game second half with a great view. Dont get that at too many away games :lol:

There were several rows of empty seats at the front of the stand. Obviously all these people who buy tickets just for the points and don't attend the game ticked the "I'm only buying for the points box" on the application form.......
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Kialos wrote:
There were several rows of empty seats at the front of the stand. Obviously all these people who buy tickets just for the points and don't attend the game ticked the "I'm only buying for the points box" on the application form.......
As i understand it Wigan don't sell the front few rows rather than the back.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

I'm sorry. It was a sarcastic post in response to the usual nonsense posted by someone saying that the that empty seats = people only buying tickets for points.
DDHammer

Post by DDHammer »

Simply Moore wrote:We would have had City so can’t see we would have gone much further anyway :lol:
Butterfly effect, entirely possible had we won the balls would have been drawn differently.