Javier Hernandez Signs

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Re: Javier Hernandez Signs

Post by Diogenes »

bubbles1966 wrote:If he plays like he did tonight on a regular basis there will be nothing to complain about.
Agreed.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

Thought he did well tonight, was unlucky with his header second half and did well with the pen and also setting up Mario in the opening stages.

Hopefully he can keep this up and he won’t have to endure the unnecessary overtop slating that seems to have moved on to Antonio now.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

stu1 wrote: Hopefully he can keep this up and he won’t have to endure the unnecessary overtop slating that seems to have moved on to Antonio now.

Too late, he's been slated for a long time now and most of it unjust.

Bar the Cup games, I've mainly found him to be decent whilst working a lot of the time on pitiful scraps.
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

I've criticized the **** out of his lazy fecker attitude but hands up tonight he put in a shift ... maybe his best effort this season, let's hope that's a sign of things to come .... he obviously has ability this just might be a sign that Moyes' 'tough love' is starting to work ......
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

He's got to take his chance now he's the main striker.

Played well tonight I thought. With Mario threading him through we should be able to get more out of him.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Looked better with support, really want to see him with Arnie and Lanzini too. He should have scored the header tonight but take a time to watch his weaving to get on the end of it. That's what he offers but he needs support, no shame in that, don't isolate him.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Would like to see the header again as my impression was whilst watching it happen and then once on the big screen that he shouldn’t have allowed the keeper a sniff of that. I also felt he should have got that early chance away quicker and so allowed the (albeit) very good tackle. Again I’d like to see it again in case I’m being harsh.

Overall though he looked much, much better - the best I’ve seen him for us. His attitude seemed right and consequently his work rate and application were sound. Saw a few glimpses of a potential partnerships with Mario too maybe. I hope so anyway.
Last edited by DaveWHU1964 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I agree with that Dave. I think he thought he had as much time as he wanted with the chance that Tomkins cleared.

The header was right down the middle.

Even so, more like this please as whatever anyone revisionist, who is always right about things, now claims he has looked pony for ages.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Could he have been playing for a move?

Or simply just making the most of his chance.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

StackerJJ wrote:Looked better with support, really want to see him with Arnie and Lanzini too. He should have scored the header tonight but take a time to watch his weaving to get on the end of it. That's what he offers but he needs support, no shame in that, don't isolate him.
Agreed, Hernandez with Arnie, Lanzini and Mario behind him surely makes sense if we can get them all working together.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Agreed, Hernandez with Arnie, Lanzini and Mario behind him surely makes sense if we can get them all working together.
Can't imagine we'd ever see that.

We wouldn't have enough players left to play the wing backs system and have the holding midfield, you'd only have someone like Noble sat in front of the back three.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

HammerMan2004 wrote:
Can't imagine we'd ever see that.

We wouldn't have enough players left to play the wing backs system and have the holding midfield, you'd only have someone like Noble sat in front of the back three.
Fair point. It is an option if we are chasing the game and decide to go back to 4-2-3-1.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

I've not been impressed so far but last night was by far the best performance I have seen from him in the flesh.

My only criticism last night was losing possession cheaply several times in our half under no pressure when we needed to hold on to the ball.

Did well in the opposition half.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Yeah, definitely better last night. Keep it up, Jav.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

I reckon he’s been told he’s going no where this season so has to buckle down.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

bubbles1966 wrote:If he plays like he did tonight on a regular basis there will be nothing to complain about.
Diogenes wrote: Agreed.
Each to their own and all that... to offer a different opinion, I thought he could/should have dropped short to get the ball to feet a lot more as he had no chance of holding it up and providing an outlet up against three big lumps.

He also could/should have worked the channels a lot better and chased a few lost causes in an attempt to force errors, or tracked back to help out at times.

We sent a few half decent balls into the box too last night, many of them ran all the way out to the opposite touchline and the one that did land on his head was cushioned back to the keeper. Palace put one cross onto their main mans head and scored from it.

These are the things that have stood Sakho (at his best) and Arnautovic out from the rest. It was just an OK performance from Harnandez last night for me, but he could be doing a whole lot more.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018 ... liver-fans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A few additional bits not mentioned on whufc.com unsurprisingly.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... s-11959926" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

In keeping with the general theme of West Ham right now, it's been a running joke that he's been on the bench for as long as he's been here with his quality. It's one thing to be on Man Utds or Real Madrids bench due to having so much quality in general in that area of the pitch but at a Club like ours, his undoubted quality should be starting most weeks. And like Hernandez, I too felt he was best off out of it under a manager who didn't really believe in him at Old Trafford and so it proved.

And instead of sugar coating it all pretending he didn't want to leave and the specific reason why, he's been open and honest about it all and hopefully this is a turning point where his ability can be more appreciated than what's been shown thus far considering we've now sold every other bigger or out injured and didn't get in any proven Premier League quality as their replacements. Many have decided to write him off but I definitely haven't.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

stu1 wrote:Thought he did well tonight, was unlucky with his header second half and did well with the pen and also setting up Mario in the opening stages.

Hopefully he can keep this up and he won’t have to endure the unnecessary overtop slating that seems to have moved on to Antonio now.
Only time he has annoyed me is when he throws himself to the ground in attempt to win a kick then stays down rather than getting up and trying to win the ball back
Thekorean
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Thekorean »

Moysie like it or not, has no choice but to play him.