NFL Thread 2017/18

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Re: NFL Thread 2017/18

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

WCpete wrote:
nearly verbatim for me. minus being a redskins fan. that would make me ill. and for sports reasons Boston can f'off as well.
I have an ingrained existential hatred of all things relating to that provincial, racist craphole known as Boston. That bring said, there is no way I can give coutenance to the Eagles winning ANYTHING. I'd like to associate myself with following remarks (most of which won't make it through the swear filter) of a fellow Giants fan who has the misfortune of living in the city of brotherly scum:

Some of you people.. Chris in Philly : 10:59 am : link are ****ing weird. I don't care if you live in Massachusetts. The Patriots are not in the same division, let alone the same conference as us. They are not a rival. At all. Never were. Never will be. You know who they are a rival of? The ****ing Jets. Perhaps you have heard of those shitbirds? The Pats make them eat their ****. And it's hilarious. You know who is our rival? The ****ing Eagles. The ones who kick our ass constantly and still have just an empty trophy case to show for it. The ones who gave us The Fumble and Desean Jackson and Brian Westbrook and Randall Cunningham bouncing off of Carl Banks and Chuck Bednarik gloating over a half dead Frank Gifford. And still, they have an empty trophy case. And you want that to change? You want these ****ing animals to celebrate? To sing their stupid ****ing song and chant their stupid chant like a bunch of apes? They are dumber and less classy versions of Jets fans. We have faced the greatest HC-QB combination in history in the world's biggest game. And we beat them. Twice. You know who else has done that? Nobody. And you want the Eagles to join that club? You hate Tom Brady's face? Shut the f*** up. You hate Giselle, or Kraft, or Josh McDaniels? Shut the f*** up. Bill Belichick helped deliver this organization from darkness. He helped bring 2 beloved championships to this team. He is the greatest coach of all time and still gets misty-eyed about the team we all love. And you want the Eagles to celebrate over him?

We are talking about the Millwall of the NFL. The absolute lowlife vermin of NFL fans. The only good that can come from this is for bad things to happen to them.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

WCpete wrote:Well, you can't blame obj for trying.

https://clutchpoints.com/giants-news-od ... -new-york/
OBJ better focus on a more mature approach to what he does for a living and worry less about things he has no clue about. He's been mollycoddled too much and has been a negative influence in the locker room. He might want to look at the careers of Tiki Barber and Jeremy Shockey for reference.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

He’s a modern sportsman. They all suck.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

WCpete wrote:He’s a modern sportsman. They all suck.
There are some exceptions. He should strive to be one.

Meanwhile, am spending the pregame hours watching the #PuppyBowl :thup:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Not having followed NFL closely for a few years, what is it with the Eagles that seem to make them really loathed by others?
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

They all should, but sticking yourself in the social limelight, making yourself a TMZ icon, make them powerful, wealthy and distracted. I can't stand them. And it's one of the multiple reasons I don't really watch pro sports anymore, apart from West Ham. And that's getting perilously close to ceasing as well.

I too would like to associate myself to the Giants fan's rant that you posted. In fact, I don't think he goes far enough. He forgot that idiot Buddy Ryan's bounty on LT's head, which poor Ron Jaworski paid for in blood. Eagles fans loved their bounties, but dum bass Ryan put one on LT's head before the game at the Meadowlands. Then Evan Cooper's cheap, cheap shot when slung Joe Morris into wall after Joe scored sending those morons insane with glee. It's a hell hole of a city for which their fans are the proper personification.

My most recent memory of Boston, the last time I visited in 2014, was of a taxi driver verbally abusing my 6 year old daughter because she was wearing a SF Giants hat. Pablo Sandoval had just signed with the Red Sox, so he thought it appropriate to say something like, 'you're from SF? Ha! We got the panda! The Giants suck. The west coast sucks. Why don't you home!' My daughter had no idea what was going on apart from the fact that a grown man was taunting her. Classy guy.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

pablo jaye wrote:Not having followed NFL closely for a few years, what is it with the Eagles that seem to make them really loathed by others?
Their fans is a good place to start, booing and throwing snowballs at Santa among their most memorable moments...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh2DwRkLIQE

Plus other assorted low life behavior:
http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/was ... hia-flyers
https://deadspin.com/philly-fans-are-th ... 1821046429
https://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/im-s ... .bh61MeK0A
https://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-t ... oody-mess/
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

It's not just the Eagles. All of their teams are the same, which I suppose makes sense since it's all of the same people. If they win this thing today Philly's going to burn.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

WCpete wrote:It's not just the Eagles. All of their teams are the same, which I suppose makes sense since it's all of the same people. If they win this thing today Philly's going to burn.
Either way, there's going to be trouble.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Fun fact:

Patriot's head coach, Belichick, is of Croatian descent.
His father had his name americanised, from the original Bilicic.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

They’re already booing Brady in warm ups, bless’em.
CMNinja
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by CMNinja »

bitter-iron-ny wrote: Their fans is a good place to start, booing and throwing snowballs at Santa among their most memorable moments...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh2DwRkLIQE

Plus other assorted low life behavior:
http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/was ... hia-flyers
https://deadspin.com/philly-fans-are-th ... 1821046429
https://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/im-s ... .bh61MeK0A
https://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-t ... oody-mess/
Sorry but most of what you've posted is a complete non-event. There are obviously some divs there but if that's what it takes to be the most hated city in the NFL, wait until London gets a team - at least they'll have a chance of claiming one title.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Cooks has had a couple of unusual plays thus far. No idea why he’d try to hurdle the defender instead of putting his head down and driving for the first down. Then a series later he nearly gets decapitated.

Have to say, Brady doesn’t quite look like he’s at the races yet. He’s completing passes but they’re just slightly off. Some behind, some low. And the trick double reverse flea flicker to Brady just looked forced. I don’t know why you’d want to expose him to an open field tackle. Eagles look a lot sharper in the first.
Vince
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Vince »

Wasn't fussed about this game, but from a neutral it's been very good so far.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Vince wrote:Wasn't fussed about this game, but from a neutral it's been very good so far.
Sloppy but not boring.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Not a lot of defending going on.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

No skin in what has so far been a fantastic game. Only one punt!

That play on 4th and goal....wow. :clap:
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

That should have been ruled incomplete. Clearly.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

I don’t think the Patriots have got a player into Foles backfield all game. Eagles O line is handling NE.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

bitter-iron-ny wrote:That should have been ruled incomplete. Clearly.
I don't agree.

The rule is a mess.

Is the ball caught? Then it should be a catch.