Little things in life that make you smile

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby DasNutNock on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 pm

4 cans of “Galahad” lager for £2.15. Tastes like piss, so exactly like all lager.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 9580
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby FreeWheeling on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:21 pm

pablo jaye wrote:
There is a place near me where a new housing estate has gone up, which has affected the migrating patterns of local toads. Last year, there was toadicide as the poor critters got squashed crossing a road - this year, the local conservation volunteers have set up a toad patrol.


Which site was that chap?
FreeWheeling
 
Posts: 3076
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:55 pm
Location: Novichok City

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby S-H on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:45 am

Galentine's day

"Galentine's Day" has transcended from the television screen into everyday culture. On February 13, Galentine's Day, a nonofficial holiday, is celebrated as a day for "ladies celebrating ladies."


Image
User avatar
S-H
 
Posts: 9358
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am
Location: Part-time Wurzel fluffer.

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby Monkeybubbles on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:49 am

somerset-hammer wrote: "Galentine's Day" has transcended from the television screen into everyday culture. On February 13, Galentine's Day, a nonofficial holiday, is celebrated as a day for "ladies celebrating ladies."


Videos?
User avatar
Monkeybubbles
 
Posts: 5160
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:00 pm
Location: Rumble, Brighton, Tonight.

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby S-H on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:55 am

Monkeybubbles wrote:Videos?


Image
User avatar
S-H
 
Posts: 9358
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:05 am
Location: Part-time Wurzel fluffer.

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:26 am

Looks like she's trying to pass a particularly stubborn u-bend blocker.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 9580
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:32 pm

Got in the lift this morning with a short feller of Indian extract. I was about to warn him that there was a spider climbing up the side of his face before I realised it was a stray bunch of hair poking out from underneath his Irish.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 9580
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby Rocketron on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:37 pm

Irish what?
User avatar
Rocketron
 
Posts: 11578
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:45 pm
Location: Slaven To The Rhythym

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby DasNutNock on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:31 pm

Jig
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 9580
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby Joyeux Marteau on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Matt Berry's Wildlove on BBC iplayer.

Check it out if you haven't already!
User avatar
Joyeux Marteau
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:19 pm
Location: Nice, Cote D'Azur

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby rare as rockinghorse shat on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:01 pm

DasNutNock wrote:4 cans of “Galahad” lager for £2.15. Tastes like piss, so exactly like all lager.

Mate, that sounds proper ropey.

Do they do boxes of 18?
User avatar
rare as rockinghorse shat
 
Posts: 54858
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:43 am
Location: Sponsor my SkyDive for Mind - mental health - http://bit.ly/rars-skydive

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby bubbles1966 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:05 pm

DasNutNock wrote:Got in the lift this morning with a short feller of Indian extract. I was about to warn him that there was a spider climbing up the side of his face before I realised it was a stray bunch of hair poking out from underneath his Irish.


Syrup.
User avatar
bubbles1966
 
Posts: 45871
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:01 pm
Location: It's December.....time to forget the serious things...merry Xmas all

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby pablo jaye on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:34 am

pablo jaye wrote:
There is a place near me where a new housing estate has gone up, which has affected the migrating patterns of local toads. Last year, there was toadicide as the poor critters got squashed crossing a road - this year, the local conservation volunteers have set up a toad patrol.


FreeWheeling wrote:Which site was that chap?


Taylor's Farm, up near Sherfield-on-London.
User avatar
pablo jaye
 
Posts: 6140
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:08 pm
Location: Underwhelmingly underwhelmed!

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby DasNutNock on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:07 am

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Mate, that sounds proper ropey.

Do they do boxes of 18?


I’ll find out. Will help avoid looking too much like 8 Ace when I stroll in to pick up a couple of 4-packs.
User avatar
DasNutNock
 
Posts: 9580
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:41 pm
Location: R Tape loading error, 0:1

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:20 am

Metallica winning Sweden's Polar Prize, which is a really prestigious award for music. The judges' citation said

"Through virtuoso ensemble playing and its use of extremely accelerated tempos, Metallica has taken rock music to places it had never been before. In Metallica's world, both a teenage bedroom and a concert hall can be transformed into a Valhalla."


:D
User avatar
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
 
Posts: 13894
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:29 am
Location: The oil drum in the Garden of England

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:30 am

Strangers saying “good morning” :)
User avatar
westham,eggyandchips
 
Posts: 13519
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Taking a walk with Anita Fifa...

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby FreeWheeling on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Running a military exercise on a LAN, at a world know military site
one and half hours into the exercise
My phone rings

User: Is that IT support
Me: yup, whats the problem?
User: I think your VOIP is not working
Me: The VOIP you are calling me on?
User: Yes, I am trying to contact *military call-sign* and keep getting a number unobtainable tone
Me: Ok Let me get this right , YOU are trying to contact *military call-sign* ?
User: Yes
Me: You are that *military call-sign* , You are trying to call yourself, hence the unobtainable tone
User: You sure?
Me: more that you are

stroppy sod put the phone down on me :D
FreeWheeling
 
Posts: 3076
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:55 pm
Location: Novichok City

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby Hampshire Hammer on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:43 pm

pablo jaye wrote:
There is a place near me where a new housing estate has gone up, which has affected the migrating patterns of local toads. Last year, there was toadicide as the poor critters got squashed crossing a road - this year, the local conservation volunteers have set up a toad patrol.


FreeWheeling wrote:Which site was that chap?


pablo jaye wrote:Taylor's Farm, up near Sherfield-on-London.

I was just about to post this example, didn't realise you lived so near to us.

Last year I was driving through Rotherwick lane from Hartley Wespall to Rotherwick when I saw a car pulled up with hazard lights on and a woman stood in the road beside it, as it was pouring with rain I stopped to offer my help. At which point I found out that the lane was covered with frogs crossing and she was trying to herd them safely over. I don't she was happy when I said that I was going to drive through anyway.
User avatar
Hampshire Hammer
 
Posts: 8814
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:18 pm
Location: Somewhere south of sanity

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby pablo jaye on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:07 pm

pablo jaye wrote:There is a place near me where a new housing estate has gone up, which has affected the migrating patterns of local toads. Last year, there was toadicide as the poor critters got squashed crossing a road - this year, the local conservation volunteers have set up a toad patrol.


FreeWheeling wrote:Which site was that chap?


pablo jaye wrote:Taylor's Farm, up near Sherfield-on-London.


Hampshire Hammer wrote:I was just about to post this example, didn't realise you lived so near to us.

Last year I was driving through Rotherwick lane from Hartley Wespall to Rotherwick when I saw a car pulled up with hazard lights on and a woman stood in the road beside it, as it was pouring with rain I stopped to offer my help. At which point I found out that the lane was covered with frogs crossing and she was trying to herd them safely over. I don't she was happy when I said that I was going to drive through anyway.


You weren't driving along Frog Lane were you? From your description, it sounds like you were!!!

BTW, I Am in Basingstoke, what about you?
User avatar
pablo jaye
 
Posts: 6140
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:08 pm
Location: Underwhelmingly underwhelmed!

Re: Little things in life that make you smile

Postby delbert on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:05 am

Reading on another site about a bunch of Mackem's coming down to London for a stag do timed for when they play Millwall. They've spoke to Millwall and arranged for the 47 year old future groom to be the match mascot......... :lol:
User avatar
delbert
 
Posts: 19592
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:27 pm
Location: The Cure & The Cause.

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], warp, wolfhammer and 11 guests