Companies You Won't Use (if you can help it)

Anything goes in The Snug, the GD's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity for non-football/news related musings.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Companies You Won't Use (if you can help it)

Postby irongav on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:04 pm

Natwest for putting my business charges up by 40% and offering to charge me interest on my balance whilst in credit.
bt ...where do i start
apple
renault
any company that i know brady has her filthy mitts on
irongav

Postby warp on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:08 pm

Knighter10WHU wrote:Lots of Starbucks mentions, is this mainly due to their tax avoidance?
EvilC wrote:Their coffee tastes like something other than coffee for me.

just like at costa and the likes!
warp

Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Postby Tenbury on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:18 pm

Tesco

Not good,not bad, just overwhelmingly average. ie.everything I hate about the 21st Century.
Tenbury

Postby view from the shires on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:59 am

Another vote for Everest double glazing. Crap products, crap fitters and crap service.

Wiltshire Concrete. They managed to fill my garden with concrete and even got it on the upstairs windows. The concrete pump they used blocked 4 times because it hadn't been cleaned since it was last used.

I would have added TNT but they have just bribed me with a pen and usb stick. :
DHL are far superior in every way (and not just because they treated me to hospitality when we played at Leicester the year they won the league). :scarfer:
view from the shires

Postby Knighter10WHU on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:16 pm

Hammer1972 wrote:No, their Flat White is far too small.

Had one yesterday and I agree far too small and tasted like *****
Knighter10WHU

Postby btajim - mcfc on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Uber had me over a barrel for months. I had to use them to take me to places that public transport wouldn’t go to as the local cab firms closed down. It was one of the only ways to get a ride.

One evening four drivers accepted then cancelled the fare as it clearly wasn’t high enough. They also still got lost despite using satnav and one going the wrong way up a one way street was magic.

Bad firm. Some poor drivers.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t

Postby HalfTimePie on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:00 pm

McDonalds
KFC
Burger King
Most fast food joints really

All just fat greasy sh** that leaves your insides feeling like you have a swarm of angry wasps inside.
HalfTimePie

Postby Greatest Cockney Rip Off on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:17 pm

HalfTimePie wrote:McDonalds
KFC
Burger King

All just fat greasy sh** that leaves your insides feeling like you have a swarm of angry wasps inside.

Says the fella called Half Time Pie :lol:
Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Postby Gormalysis on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:55 am

I’m surprised that Yodel hasn’t been mentioned all that much. Honestly the worst company out there, actually pay more to have it delivered by someone else (except Hermes).

Uber, never have never will

Starbucks, watery ***** coffee

Sky, football ruining *****

DFS, everyone I know who has bought a sofa from them has had problems with it

Three (after MB reminded me), harassed the wife for months from an Indian call centre after she cancelled her contract and they kept taking the monthly payments. Sent a letter to one of the directors, got a £200 cheque and a promise that they will never contact us again :lol:
Last edited by Gormalysis on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gormalysis

Postby WestHamByTheSea on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:51 am

Virtually any company advertising on TV these days, simply because the whole TV advertising industry has gone beyond contempt. Not that they were ever warm and cuddly, but the sheer charmlessness of ads nowadays is stultifying.

That said, I might need a new boiler soon, and there are currently 2 excellent ads featuring cats (am a male mad cat lady), so seriously might be swayed there. Worcester Bosch is my existing boiler and their ad is indeed great...but the Valliant advert has Chopin playing in the background, so...

And obviously West Ham right now.
WestHamByTheSea

Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Postby pablo jaye on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:05 am

I know I have contributed to this thread but isn’t it ironic that we are all giving a little bit of free advertising to the companies that we hate?
pablo jaye

Postby EastBrisHammer on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:47 am

WestHamByTheSea wrote:Virtually any company advertising on TV these days, simply because the whole TV advertising industry has gone beyond contempt. Not that they were ever warm and cuddly, but the sheer charmlessness of ads nowadays is stultifying.

That said, I might need a new boiler soon, and there are currently 2 excellent ads featuring cats (am a male mad cat lady), so seriously might be swayed there. Worcester Bosch is my existing boiler and their ad is indeed great...but the Valliant advert has Chopin playing in the background, so...

And obviously West Ham right now.

Not a huge deal to choose between a Vaillant and Worcester Bosch boiler...both good makes.

And I totally agree about the advertising industry.
EastBrisHammer

Postby EastBrisHammer on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:50 am

pablo jaye wrote:I know I have contributed to this thread but isn’t it ironic that we are all giving a little bit of free advertising to the companies that we hate?

Most of the companies mentioned are big brands so they don't really need much advertising. To be honest the thread has made me reassess some of the companies I use and my boycott list may grow a little (as long as it remains convenient :wink: ...I'm really a man of conviction me).
EastBrisHammer

Postby HalfTimePie on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:27 pm

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:"HalfTimePie"]McDonalds
KFC
Burger King

Says the fella called Half Time Pie :lol:

Very good point! I did used to have a pie at half time often at the Boleyn. But I was a bit overweight a couple of years ago :oops:
HalfTimePie

Postby Monkeybubbles on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Three
Monkeybubbles

Postby view from the shires on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Vodaphone - just because I can't cap the data on my youngest's phone. We were given a number to text to do this and told once we got a reply it would be done. 100's of texts over the last year and still no reply. The only option has been to turn off data roaming so he can't go over his allowance. Phoning the useless sods is no help either.
view from the shires

Postby irongav on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:38 pm

view from the shires wrote:Vodaphone - just because I can't cap the data on my youngest's phone. We were given a number to text to do this and told once we got a reply it would be done. 100's of texts over the last year and still no reply. The only option has been to turn off data roaming so he can't go over his allowance. Phoning the useless sods is no help either.

my workmates boy just done over a ton last month ouch....same problem. Tesco mobile let you put a cap on and it works [bet i have just shot myself in the foot]
irongav

Postby Hammers Dad on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:17 pm

view from the shires wrote:Vodaphone - just because I can't cap the data on my youngest's phone. We were given a number to text to do this and told once we got a reply it would be done. 100's of texts over the last year and still no reply. The only option has been to turn off data roaming so he can't go over his allowance. Phoning the useless sods is no help either.

irongav wrote:my workmates boy just done over a ton last month ouch....same problem. Tesco mobile let you put a cap on and it works [bet i have just shot myself in the foot]

They have a buffer over the normal costs so if they get to that point, they can't go over. My lad has his at £2.50 over the £8.50 a month charge
Hammers Dad

Postby PF. on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:32 pm

HSBC. The dirtiest of them all.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow

Postby The Collector on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:23 pm

EugeneSpeed wrote:Crate Brewery

Yes! “craft” beer is another name for expensive crap beer.
The Collector

PreviousNext

Return to The Snug