Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

r99c wrote:People unnecessarily using speaker phone, walking along holding the mobile in front of their mouth talking. Hold it up to your ear like a normal person you ****.
The Apprentice Effect!
Patito

Post by Patito »

HalfTimePie wrote:People that want to work in with me when in the gym. I usually do tri-sets, headphones in. I like my space, and timing is key for me. I understand why they do it but it's not my problem.

I'm an a-hole apparently

And those people who give you a dirty look when you give any number over 2 when they ask how many sets you have left...
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

HalfTimePie wrote:People that want to work in with me when in the gym. I usually do tri-sets, headphones in. I like my space, and timing is key for me. I understand why they do it but it's not my problem.

I'm an a-hole apparently
I hate the gym for so many reasons lol

I have stopped going to the gym i have used for some time and going to try another but no doubt it will be the same issues. There are always a group of guys in tracksuit bottoms and a hoody (find this very strange in a warm gym) that just stand there talking about social events, half arsed pulling weights and taking selfies. There was a guy the other week asking the person on the other end of his phone conversation to come to the gym so he can "kick his ****ing head in!".... charming people in my local gym :D

I understand people enjoy the gym, i don't personally, i just want to do my bit and be gone but you always get held back by people who hog equipment and don't even use it properly. There is one guy who sits on the weight machine and reads his ****ing kindle in-between reps!
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

r99c wrote:People unnecessarily using speaker phone, walking along holding the mobile in front of their mouth talking. Hold it up to your ear like a normal person you ****.
There now seems to be more hands free phone calls , yet people do not grasp how loud they speak when they have headphones in, so you really feel you are part of their dull conversations.

I guess that's another thing that irritates me, people that phone someone for the sake of talking on the train and talk about how they are going to make a spag bol after work, watch some netflix etc or something else just as boring....
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

The Gibbins wrote:I guess that's another thing that irritates me, people that phone someone for the sake of talking on the train and talk about how they are going to make a spag bol after work, watch some netflix etc or something else just as boring....
One of my pet hates. I hate talking on the phone anyway and try to keep it to a bear minimum unless it’s important. I can’t do idle chit-chat on the phone - it’s just a waste of my time and I can’t understand why people go in for that sort of crap.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

The Gibbins wrote:
I guess that's another thing that irritates me, people that phone someone for the sake of talking on the train and talk about how they are going to make a spag bol after work, watch some netflix etc or something else just as boring....
Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: One of my pet hates. I hate talking on the phone anyway and try to keep it to a bear minimum unless it’s important. I can’t do idle chit-chat on the phone - it’s just a waste of my time and I can’t understand why people go in for that sort of crap.
Yep, me too.

This Family Guy sketch summarises it quite well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTidDRR8Scg
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

I actually avoid picking up important work calls, such is my hatred for using a phone.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 279 likes
Total likes: 349 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Mrs Toulouse can yak on for hours (literally) on the phone and I just can't get my head around it. With my best mate, our rare phone conversations go: "Hello, fancy a beer?" "OK, where, when?" "such and such pub at 8?" "Ok, cheers". Total time spent: 20 seconds.
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 236 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

Discarded dog poo bags.

The amount of dog poo bags that are discarded on the streets/paths nowadays. You have taking the time to bag the crap, tie a knot. Why can't you throw it in the bin rather than throw it on the floor?
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

sussexhammer74 wrote:Discarded dog poo bags.

The amount of dog poo bags that are discarded on the streets/paths nowadays. You have taking the time to bag the crap, tie a knot. Why can't you throw it in the bin rather than throw it on the floor?
The ones hanging from trees are the worst!
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

Some dog owners really get on my nerves, they will just watch their dog plant a massive turd on the floor and leave it....

It's always my luck that when i walk mine he has the shits and plants a rotten one on the floor :lol: but i always make sure i clean it up, nothing more annoying than treading in dog ****!
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

The Gibbins wrote:I hate the gym for so many reasons lol
me too, but mainly because it's full of people that go to the gym.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat

Post by The Gibbins »

warp wrote: me too, but mainly because it's full of people that go to the gym.
Yeah that's pretty much my opinion, would have saved me a paragraph putting exactly that :lol:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

The modern obsession with the gym and "exercising" in general.

Gone are the days when women were "expected to be skinny" and blokes were expected to have beer bellies. Now you've got to have a ripper upper body and loads of **** tattoos, apparently, or you aint a proper fella.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

cover bands. c****.
woodgreenspur
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by woodgreenspur »

warp wrote:cover bands. *****.
Yep.I hate the tribute bands who actually think they are the people they are taking off.
HalfTimePie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by HalfTimePie »

The Gibbins wrote:
I have stopped going to the gym i have used for some time and going to try another but no doubt it will be the same issues. There are always a group of guys in tracksuit bottoms and a hoody (find this very strange in a warm gym) that just stand there talking about social events, half arsed pulling weights and taking selfies. There was a guy the other week asking the person on the other end of his phone conversation to come to the gym so he can "kick his ****ing head in!".... charming people in my local gym :D

I understand people enjoy the gym, i don't personally, i just want to do my bit and be gone but you always get held back by people who hog equipment and don't even use it properly. There is one guy who sits on the weight machine and reads his ****ing kindle in-between reps!
I fully understand and agree with everything you say here Gibbins. I go to an Ab Salute Gym in the evenings and its full of the tracksuit wearing pretty boys who go there and have no idea what they are doing. Probably causing more injuries than working their small muscles. People hogging equipment does my head in if they aren't using it properly and taking an age between each set, but my gym in London by my office is rammed when I go, so I have to get my station and hold on to it for my entire workout pretty much focusing on different exercises I can do on that one bench for example.

If I saw a guy reading a kindle in between each set I would definitely ask him to kindly bugger off though!
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

HalfTimePie wrote:I go to an Ab Salute Gym in the evenings and its full of the tracksuit wearing pretty boys
Surely that cannot come as a complete surprise?
HalfTimePie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by HalfTimePie »

It definitely isn't a surprise at all! I only go to that one because its the cheapest in my town and they have decent equipment in there. Can't stand the clientele to be honest!
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

I use the free gym at work, which is full of the twatty 20-something blokes and girls that work here. Still, it's free, and is on site, so I can't complain.

Even if the c*nts do play Kiss FM over the PA.