Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2706 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by sendô »

prophet:marginal wrote: Why are commuters living further afield considered more important. :x
They pay more.
Lt. Discussion

Post by Lt. Discussion »

prophet:marginal wrote:I'm a daily user of the Overground, the orange line, which runs up from where I live, to where I work.

Obviously, it was a system that runs on pre-existing tracks.

What boils my gears and grinds my whatever, is that, if the other services are running with delays, the Overground is forced to wait between stations, to let Southern and other services get through the stations first.

Some mornings, that's a couple of minutes wait, per station.

Secondly, whereas you can claim compo if a standard train is 15 or more minutes late, you can only get compensated by TFL if an Overground is 30 or more minutes late, which, given that they run every 15 minutes from my station, makes it impossible.

Why are commuters living further afield considered more important. :x
Sounds like you live in my neck of the woods. The 'ginger' line was to be our saviour for SE London. Admittedly, when it works my trip from Crystal Palace to the city is miles better than previously but the amount of times i'm stuck on the loop outside sydenham waiting for a Brighton express to come through gets on my bristols.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I loved the ginger line when it started operating from Brockley. It definitely made getting into town more convenient and the congestion on the trains before that was insane.

I'm sure it also played a huge role in the money we made on our house as well.
Lt. Discussion

Post by Lt. Discussion »

Mega Ron wrote:I loved the ginger line when it started operating from Brockley. It definitely made getting into town more convenient and the congestion on the trains before that was insane.

I'm sure it also played a huge role in the money we made on our house as well.
Definitely MR. The arrival of the line definitely meant we rode out housing 'slump' a few years back.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Lt. Discussion wrote:
Sounds like you live in my neck of the woods. .
West Norwood.

In fairness, without the gripe about Southern it's a great line and a great addition to the local transport.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

HalfTimePie wrote:Honestly I have never known anyone to be so unorganised, and to a point I don't mind it but when it affects important things I think a bit of common sense has to come into play! She had never even owned a handbag before so I bought her one to keep her things as to not lose them, still wont buy a purse though so cards and what have you all just loose in there.

I guess it's my fault though knowing what she is like but I still give her the benefit of the doubt. Wait, I'm the man of course its my fault :)
Are you 100% sure this is a woman you're married to?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

HalfTimePie wrote:Honestly I have never known anyone to be so unorganised, and to a point I don't mind it but when it affects important things I think a bit of common sense has to come into play! She had never even owned a handbag before so I bought her one to keep her things as to not lose them, still wont buy a purse though so cards and what have you all just loose in there.

I guess it's my fault though knowing what she is like but I still give her the benefit of the doubt. Wait, I'm the man of course its my fault :)
Does she have any good points, cause from where I'm sitting she sounds like a ****ing liability, and the sort of person I go out of my way to avoid. Proper dimwit.
Monkeybubbles
Has liked: 494 likes
Total likes: 1972 likes

Post by Monkeybubbles »

The phrase "be in no doubt".
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Monkeybubbles wrote:The phrase "be in no doubt".
Don't know why, but that instantly makes me think of Brady..
claretandblue82
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by claretandblue82 »

Liverpool not winning last night denied me £150 after sticking £1 on a six game accumulator. Banging in goals all season except for yesterday. Bindipping tossers! Headbanger
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

That after years of practice, I am exactly as sh*t at snooker as I was the first time I tried.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

My little boy (6) telling me he is being teased a bit at school for supporting West Ham. When I asked him what teams they support it seems most of the kids support Liverpool or Barcelona. I suggested he ask them what particular part of Liverpool or Spain their dads are from but I think it went over his head...
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

This new fad of peoples calling dogs, doggos or puppies, puppers, utter cringe.
Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 »

fmgod wrote:This new fad of peoples calling dogs, doggos or puppies, puppers, utter cringe.
Comes from Reddit I think.
claretandblue82

fmgod wrote:This new fad of peoples calling dogs, doggos or puppies, puppers, utter cringe.
Doggos and puppers aren't allowed but it's alright to finish a sentence with utter cringe! Either join in talking like a 14 year old girl or don't!
claretandblue82

Hammer1972 wrote:
Comes from Reddit I think.
I've wasted so much of my time on that site!
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Hammer1972 wrote:My little boy (6) telling me he is being teased a bit at school for supporting West Ham. When I asked him what teams they support it seems most of the kids support Liverpool or Barcelona. I suggested he ask them what particular part of Liverpool or Spain their dads are from but I think it went over his head...
People who are not as resolute as me at blanking Southern Mancs at work and asking them "how their lot got on last night?"

Way I see it, whilst it might seem a little out there, these type of people are c****.

If we'd been invaded in the 40's, they'd have been the people collaborating with the Nazis and I mean that.

Their need to follow success to which they have no link just shows them up as weak minded.

I don't talk to them again once I find out.
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

This ****ing football club at the moment
Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 »

White Goodman wrote: Way I see it, whilst it might seem a little out there, these type of people are *****.

If we'd been invaded in the 40's, they'd have been the people collaborating with the Nazis and I mean that.

Their need to follow success to which they have no link just shows them up as weak minded.
Jesus Christ WG, they're 6 years old!! :D
claretandblue82

White Goodman wrote: People who are not as resolute as me at blanking Southern Mancs at work and asking them "how their lot got on last night?"

Way I see it, whilst it might seem a little out there, these type of people are *****.

I don't talk to them again once I find out.
There's a member of staff in my local Asda with a tattoo saying 'Southern Manc and proud' down his arm. He also has a tattoo of a clock with the time of the Munich air disaster and date underneath on his neck! He must only be in his late twenties. The would be Nazi collaborating knob!