West Ham Utd 0-3 Burnley: match thread (10/03/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Burnley: match thread

Post by Het-Field »

TheHandOfDog wrote: I think you are lost mate, our board doesn't want to talk to the fans, they only ever do it as a last resort and even then they don't answer any of the important issues that the fans have. They just list a few things that they might do better. The club has loads of money, we made a nice profit in January, they can pay off the fines with that and come the end of the summer window there will be even more money laying around that we failed to spend. Doing anything in a situation like this is better than doing nothing and slowly sleepwalking into the next Coventry City. We have 3 professional spin doctors on our board and your plan is to communicate with them? They don't ****ing communicate hence why the fans let their anger known in ways that they can. A section of the fans have had enough of the lies, I am surprised more didn't join in with todays festivities.

What has been achieved today you ask? It is clear that not all of our fans are willing to let apathy stop them from trying to save the club before it's too late. And I'll take a small dose of pride from today, been lacking that in our club recently.

The transfer windows have been a major issue for the fans, and I understand. I don’t like it anymore than you do. I’m fed up of the free transfers, the contingency laden loan deals, the loan deals with no guarantees, the structured deals, and the huge turnover of players. I’m fed up that there is a poor spine of players, the the rest of the players are transient. I hate the fact that we have gone from signing players from Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, and AC Milan to signing players from Preston North End, Hull City, Southampton. I dislike how we have been sold players like Fonte and Ayew, only for them to be gone months later. I hate how we’ve not kept the likes of Dimi Payet satisfied, or not utilised Alex Song and Simone Zaza to their fullest potential. I’ve disliked how we have spent little or nothing on a Right Back since Lucas Neill in 2007, always brining in free transfers and loans. I don’t like how big a joke our striker acquisition policy has become.

If you don’t want to communicate with them, fine. But today is not going to encourage them to leave the club. I feel that boycotts and withdrawal of monetary support is a much better way to get your point across as opposed to some misty eyed nostalgia about previous protests, and direct action which can result in fines and disrepute.
Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.
Has liked: 330 likes
Total likes: 591 likes

Post by Croydon »

GaryP wrote:Yep fair play to FLJ.

Noble is a bits crewed though whatever he does. If he slags the board he is buggered, even if this board goes, because would new owners be impressed that he turned against current ones ? I'm prepared to cut him some slack there.
He has the option to just answer questions about the performance, or how they react to that atmosphere. It's easy enough for these guys to swerve direct questions, they do it on a weekly basis.

In my opinion he goes out of his way to make it the fan's fault. Noble and Collins are the 2 players I had nailed on to understand what was happening today, sadly it seems Noble is plain ignorant or worse.
DD
Has liked: 1 like

Post by DD »

May have over-stepped the mark earlier with the flippant comment towardd the fella about the corner flag.

Jon bently whu - sorry for being a “keyboard warrior”. Genuinely flattered you take such an interest. And as for fighting with our own today, I spent more time in a pub trying to convince the friends of our biggest fan, trying to cone back. Happy to continue over pm
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

It was at the last minute that I decided to watch MOTD, I feared their comments may be too much to take but, like others here, was surprised in particular by FLJ who clearly knows what the problems are, Linekar too managed to refrain from the expected nudge nudge, wink wink style that I despise in him.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

iLoveLasagne wrote:Thanks for our badges Hammer.CA. :crest:
No problem. :thup:
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Het-Field wrote:
The transfer windows have been a major issue for the fans, and I understand. I don’t like it anymore than you do. I’m fed up of the free transfers, the contingency laden loan deals, the loan deals with no guarantees, the structured deals, and the huge turnover of players. I’m fed up that there is a poor spine of players, the the rest of the players are transient. I hate the fact that we have gone from signing players from Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, and AC Milan to signing players from Preston North End, Hull City, Southampton. I dislike how we have been sold players like Fonte and Ayew, only for them to be gone months later. I hate how we’ve not kept the likes of Dimi Payet satisfied, or not utilised Alex Song and Simone Zaza to their fullest potential. I’ve disliked how we have spent little or nothing on a Right Back since Lucas Neill in 2007, always brining in free transfers and loans. I don’t like how big a joke our striker acquisition policy has become.

If you don’t want to communicate with them, fine. But today is not going to encourage them to leave the club. I feel that boycotts and withdrawal of monetary support is a much better way to get your point across as opposed to some misty eyed nostalgia about previous protests, and direct action which can result in fines and disrepute.
I've been boycotting home games for the last year after my one and only visit since my return to the UK from Canada. I've written to the club in the past and Peter Storrie actually replied to me once.
Do you seriously think, I mean seriously, that the owners of this club would be swayed in the slightest by a letter, 10 letters or even 10,000 letters, do you think any of the 3 Stooges would take the time out to read a letter from one of their customers? They don't give a flying toss about us, as has been proven by their contempt towards us over the last year, 18 months, 2 years, choose what figure suits you best. We are a commodity to them, customers to use their own expression but I have a suggestion, you write out a letter, put it out on here and I'll copy along with some others hopefully and we'll all send them in to Karren and/or her bosses and every one of us can post the individual hand written reply we receive.
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

HoppyHammer wrote:This is terribly run club and a complete shambles. From not getting rid of Bilic sooner, starting the season with a wafer thin squad, for not filling the vulnerable positions that were glaringly obvious through to a wasted January window and selling Ayew to relegation rivals.

Today was a new low and all true fans should be ashamed of those invading the pitch and those on here supporting them. In 60 years of supporting this club today I have never seen kids being frightened by brawling fans and parents saying they will never go again.

For me today makes me ashamed and after 60 years will be calling it a day
:thup: great post, any more like you?
Tarte Encore
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Tarte Encore »

vmixture wrote:Some interesting pics.

Not 100% sure but it seems Sir Trev seemed to see the funny side of it!

https://bracethehammer.sbnation.com/201 ... -moore-day" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bubbles with the corner flag. That won't become an iconic image because it already is. Thank you for rekindling the spirit of '92.
He also made the most eloquent and moving speech at the now infamous gathering at The Boleyn in early December' 17.
If you think he did it to attention seek then brush up on your club history. A West Ham fan mourning a loved one in the most poignant way possible. Defiance can be such a beautiful thing.
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

I was pleasantly surprised by the MOTD panel's comments and indeed the coverage of what happened today. I feared the worst when I saw Lampard sat next to that berk Jenas, but he made some decent points about the net spend, etc, when he could have put the boot into a fanbase for which he probably has little love for! Jenas was as inoffensively pointless as usual with his 'I noticed the pitch was a green colour today' level of punditry, but again, for someone who has publically said in the past he doesn't like the West Ham fans much, he didn't have a dig either.
Perhaps it shows (as was the case with the Danny Kelly show on Talksport earlier) that despite the board's coercing of the media (still being successfully applied with Sky and the tabloids' reactions), that at last the true story about what our board have been doing is hitting home and can't be ignored anymore - it would be very easy to simply write-off today's events as 'brainless hooliganism' or the like. Doubtless there will still be that stereotyping and subject-avoidance from many (see Sky and the tabloids again), but maybe things are starting to seep through into a wider consciousness.
Sadly not the case with that pompous tit Jeff Stelling earlier today; amazing that a man who happily earns a fortune from a channel that happily employs drink-drivers as some of it's highest profile presenters and pundits can be so sanctimonious. At least our own Bianca Westwood got in a nice little barb about his 'small-man complex'... obviously an affliction that warps presenters as well as football club owners!
rsnwhu
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by rsnwhu »

The beginning of the end for these shysters and Brady.......how long the beginning lasts is now up to them but it is a foregonee conclusion.

Five more home games left.........this could get tasty.......
mental hamster666
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by mental hamster666 »

Can't believe I'm saying it, but I've lost interest in our games, we r **** and deserve to go down.
Gives us a championship to win.
Coyi, f*** em all
Beedub
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Beedub »

Noble is a smart man, he knows he has to stick up for the board

If a new board comes in who is willing to spend money his one of the first out the door!!
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:Sir Trev :lol:

Ah sweet, didn't realise someone managed to capture the moment he started laughing when I chanted, "Brooking Brooking he can stay" just after we told all the others to f*** off. True story.

Clearly fearing for his life though eh as the scum media keep trying to portray. :thdn:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

There was something about the Noble interview that intrigued me and that was the look in his eyes - clearly as club captain there is a line that he has to tow but I thought his eyes told a different story of a fella who is a fan that has known what is happening to the club for a long time. The incident when he tackled the fan yesterday was the straw that broke the camel's back for him.

Also, as others have said, I thought FLJs assessment of it all was pretty accurate - even he could see how isolated Arnie was with no support within 40-50 yards. Maybe give FLJ his first stint as a manager?!?! (I am joking of course!)
unmartillo
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by unmartillo »

Well well, positive words about FLJ on this forum. These truly are the end times :D
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

So what will the Dave’s think of the protest in front of them? A few morons? Not real fans? A small minority? Or will they accept there is a serious problem with their administration? That they may have actually damaged the club and caused it’s ignominious demise? Shall we listen to the supporters and invest more money? Shall we undertake real efforts to improve the ground for football?

No they will will be thinking this is big inconvenience and going to cost us money. How can we turn it around to maximise profit in the future. Enter the baroness for some twisting media spin.

They have shot themselves in the foot, badly mismanaged the club, underestimated the importance of fans & heritage and it will be impossible to recover the situation (without massive investment) or regain any dignity. The best they can do is cut & run.

By the way, has anyone read this cringeworthy crap -

http://www.claretandhugh.info/an-open-l ... -sullivan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hessa
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by hessa »

Hamburger wrote:.

By the way, has anyone read this cringeworthy crap -

http://www.claretandhugh.info/an-open-l ... -sullivan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What a load of :thdn:
Unfucking believable!
SullySpecial
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 640 likes

Post by SullySpecial »

Who the **** is Sergey Nobbish? A ****, that’s who.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

That Hugh open letter is really scary, to think anyone actually thinks like that is terrifying. If it wasn't clear he is on some sort of payroll before, it is now. What a charlatan, compared to what I just listened to on the Sunday Supplement where they saw the truth of what is happening, along comes the ratty board shill. Who actually reads that ****? So obivous he is taking it from behind by at least one of the Dildo twins. Hugh can f*** off as well when GSB go.

'The truth is they will hate you no matter what you do, because you drive a Rolls Royce and live in a mansions.' Yeah right, people hate Gold and Sully because they drive a Rolly Royce, what a rat. Happy to see that real people can see Hugh for what he is.

Scummy board mouthpiece and brownnose.
ballantine
Has liked: 1254 likes
Total likes: 229 likes

Post by ballantine »

I never read C&H, but had to look at that one. Glad I did! That was hilarious! I had to repeatedly cover my eyes with a pillow, but the laughs was worth it! :lol: