Bubbles

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Bubbles

Postby IABATAC on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:56 pm

I've just seen this on Crossed Hammers:

"First thanks to so many of you for your support and good wishes.It is obviously not a great time for me at the moment and your support has been a great comfort.I gave myself up at Hatfield Police Station last night.They made contact with the Met who will be interviewing and chargin me soon.unfortunately West Ham are taking out a Civil Case whereby any fine they incur from the F,A they will seeking to pass on to those on the pitch,I did not see that coming and tthat is very worrying,I put so much hope into the march which of course did not take place.I paid a lot of money out for a flag which i cannot take into the ground ,I felt I just had to do something and the older ones amongst you will understand what I was trying to do,Many of us have shared great times supporting what was a great but largely unsuccessful club.I have great memories and I thank you all for that.To those I have upset along the way I apologise.I know I can be outspoken at times and am sorry.For those of you that want to help me the greatest service you can do me is to continue and intensify the protests until these awful people on the Board are gone from the club,our club.Goodbye and god bless you all. Bubbles XX"

I think we've also got to find a way to ensure this man isn't banned from future games indefinitely - He's shown contrition and he handed himself in. While some might argue that what he did was wrong, what he did wasn't a mindless act, it was a symbolic gesture that spoke volumes to many on here, on other forums and sites and to many in the ground that day. I think there is a case to be made that he should be treated with some degree of leniency, especially given the circumstances under which he made his protest and years of loyal support he has given to the club.
IABATAC

Re: Bubbles

Postby sicknote on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:05 pm

As I posted on the protest thread, where the daily mail article is

He is a top lad and I’ve known him only through football for decades, if a fund is set up to help him and the other lads in the future I would contribute,

I just hope he alright :crest:
sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Postby MadMart on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:07 pm

proper protester - no attention seeking, pissed up wanna be - he has my full support - good man :crest:
MadMart

Postby aaronhammer on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:10 pm

As many have said, if the club do proceed with a case to claim the money back off the pitch invaders, then let’s set up a page to donate to as I’m sure we’ll cover the costs!

If the club do seriously do that too, it will only intensify things even more. Surely they know this!
aaronhammer

Postby Up the Junction on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:31 pm

Should the club push through, the fans must seize on this and collectively pay the fine.

Anyone know of a spare 30-odd grand floating about?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Postby Doc H Ball on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:32 pm

:hush:
Doc H Ball

Postby DaveWHU1964 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:37 pm

But, but, but they said they wanted a truce.

Poor bloke must be worried senseless. Hope the club realise it wouldn’t be a great idea but if not, I’m another who would chip in.

Be clear too about the implicit threat from them here in order to try to ward off future demos. Threats don’t need to just be physical.
DaveWHU1964

Postby BrownFatwa on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:41 pm

Keep me posted, I too would gladly chip in for the fella.
BrownFatwa

Postby the pink palermo on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:46 pm

The threat of a civil case is just more bully boy tactics from the club , which achieves no more than confirms peoples resolve to see them gone..

I hope the club thinks again about taking such an ill advised course of action.

Seriously, at what point will they ever learn from their mistakes ?

Best wishes to Bubbles, who's only crime is loving the club too much.

I'll happily contribute a few bob if he gets clobbered.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Doc H Ball on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:50 pm

I met Paul at Swansea wandering around the concourse at half time looking lost.

We spoke about BG and he was distraught. He was teary and saying that the club had died now for him - supporters on supporters was the final straw.

I had no idea he would go out in this way. Although it seems to have been spontaneous, it couldn't have been more symbolic if a team of media consultants had drawn it up.

It seemed in slow motion to me. Completely different to the frenzy of the other invasions, even the players gave him the time and space to make his statement.

I will love Ginge forever for allowing him to finish off what he started. I'm surprised it hasn't been reported, but Ginge was in floods of tears as he came off at the end.

I did not agree with the other invasions and there should be no more imho. Paul's act brought 25 years full circle and it was a perfect moment in that I knew exactly what he was doing and why.

As someone said earlier, if this Board had any real ideas and were forward thinking, they would invite Paul around for one of their private meetings, ask him what he thought and act on it. Mind you, if he told them what he told me then David Sullivan would have to go swallow himself.
Doc H Ball

Postby Doc H Ball on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:53 pm

the pink palermo wrote:The threat of a civil case is just more bully boy tactics from the club , which achieves no more than confirms peoples resolve to see them gone...

I do not think there is much chance of civil action. Who bringing such a case would want the sorry history, the other events of the day and Paul's reasons brought into this? They couldn't prove the single act caused loss anyway - if they get a fine it will be because THEY didn't control the situation vicariously or otherwise.

Unfortunately, he is in a lot of bother elsewhere.
Doc H Ball

Postby the pink palermo on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:01 am

Doc H Ball wrote:Unfortunately, he is in a lot of bother elsewhere.

That's sad to hear .

Surely anyone with half a brain could see it for what it was, a simple, heartfelt protest with a nod to a famous moment in our clubs history.

What harm did he do, who did he really offend ?

The quality of mercy is not strained.
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest; it becomes
The thronèd monarch better than his crown.
His scepter shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptered sway.
It is enthronèd in the hearts of kings;
It is an attribute to God Himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice. Therefore, Jew,
Though justice be thy plea, consider this:
That in the course of justice none of us
Should see salvation. We do pray for mercy,
And that same prayer doth teach us all to render
The deeds of mercy. I have spoke thus much
To mitigate the justice of thy plea,
Which, if thou follow, this strict court of Venice
Must needs give sentence 'gainst the merchant
there.

— Portia, in William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice, Act 4, Scene 1.[1]

Real power is having it and not using it , a caution should really be more than enough .
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Postby Colours never run on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:27 am

Proper West Ham legend. One of the nicest guys you'd wish to meet. Hopefully see him back at games again one day.

If there's a donation page for court costs etc I'd happily chip in.

:crest:

UNITED WE STAND
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Colours never run on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 am

Up the Junction wrote:Should the club push through, the fans must seize on this and collectively pay the fine.

Anyone know of a spare 30-odd grand floating about?

Are the Board ****ing braindead? Are they really that detached they don't have a clue at all what her are trying to do?

The bloke even gave himself up to old bill peacefully even though he didn't need too and possibly got away with it.

He's more West Ham than they'll ever understand and what it truly means to be us.
Colours never run

Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Postby Colours never run on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:34 am

aaronhammer wrote:As many have said, if the club do proceed with a case to claim the money back off the pitch invaders, then let’s set up a page to donate to as I’m sure we’ll cover the costs!

If the club do seriously do that too, it will only intensify things even more. Surely they know this!

If you think about it, how powerful of a message it would be if those amongst us that cared more about Bubbles situation to pay for his and others legal costa and in large numbers than to sit back and let them carry on cleansing the Club of true Hammers.

I'm not tech savvy but hope someone can set up a page soon so we can get the ball rolling. :)
Colours never run

Postby Georgee Paris on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:38 am

I will also contribute if he needs any support. I felt the urge massively to run on the pitch even waited around after the game when all my friends had left waiting for the moment.
Georgee Paris

Postby Hamburger on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:56 am

If they call that a pitch invasion they may have seen nothing if they take pathetic heavy handed revenge on such a symbolic, peaceful protest by a faithful, well meaning supporter. Will they never understand that we (the fans) are not the problem?
Hamburger

Postby Colours never run on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:10 am

the pink palermo wrote:
That's sad to hear .

Surely anyone with half a brain could see it for what it was, a simple, heartfelt protest with a nod to a famous moment in our clubs history.

What harm did he do, who did he really offend ?

It's probably worth me pointing out that Terence Brown was present at the Match close by in the Directors Box. He'll remember the significance of the original protest and I reminded him in no uncertain terms of the Bond Scheme protest he also helped cause. I weren't then to know he just watched it happen again on the pitch as I had my back to the pitch at that point. I'm sure he's added his pennies worth being honorary club president on the Board these days.

And **** me did it feel good to clock him and give him pelters also. Like him, an elephant never forgets..****. :thdn:
Colours never run

Postby Clucking Bell on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:19 am

As a listener to the Stop! Hammertime podcast, it would appear that we have quite a few high- profile barristers among our support. If anyone knows them well, it might be worth asking if they'd consider helping out should anything go to court.

There's nothing quite like a grand an hour QC in your corner ..... if my uncle was still the right side of the grass, I'd ask him.
Clucking Bell

Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!

Postby Pepin on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:28 am

You made me proud Sir and you have my 100% support. Will gladly participate on the fine. Respect to your courage. We will continue in protests and the West Ham family will help you to solve your problems, for sure.
Pepin

Next

Return to General Discussion