Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:
You can add little kids to that list too. FFS - we're not interested in your money sapping little parasite. Take it somewhere else.
:lol:
view from the shires
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by view from the shires »

Coops wrote:Drivers who undertake on motorways when I am signalling left.
Middle lane huggers on the motorway. Undertaking is too good for 'em - decapitation is the answer.

There is obviously a situation here I am missing as the above doesn't sound like Coops
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

view from the shires wrote:
Middle lane huggers on the motorway. Undertaking is too good for 'em - decapitation is the answer.

There is obviously a situation here I am missing as the above doesn't sound like Coops
Fairly heavy but moving traffic, all lanes doing similar speed. I need to pull over,but the twat on the inside lane has seen an opportunity to join the queue 20 yards further up, a distance that is obviously worth risking his and my life for.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

sendô wrote:People who bring babies into the office.
There is a poisonous **** in our office that has just given birth. She has a massively inflated sense of self importance. She has been in twice (she gave birth about three weeks ago) and once was talking loudly about how she was working Monday and Tuesday. She heads up a team of seven people, which is hugely overstaffed.

If you are working, it is because you didn't hand over properly. Your team is enormous. You have been in once, now switch off your work mobile and don't come back until your maternity leave is over, for the sake of all of us.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

Tenbury wrote:My 11 yr old calls his mates 'plastic bastards'. This doesn't go down well with his mother.
:lol:
Joyeux Marteau
Has liked: 83 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by Joyeux Marteau »

sendô wrote:People who bring babies into the office.
This!! I did some pretty cool stuff nine months ago but I don't need to show everyone!

Also on an aside, that bit in Masterchef where they have to tell the people what they have cooked, the menu is right there for effs sake!
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

Bloody medication causing insomnia. Headbanger
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1209 likes

Post by Tenbury »

I know just where you're coming from...
There ain't much you can do. I tend to get up,make a brew,trawl through this site (write some nonsense), then just listen to the silence ( or the rain).It's a bugger.
If all else fails,I eat cake..
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Dress-down friday in this office. The sales team, who comprise the majority of staff here, all wear clobber like the morons on The Apprentice during the week, then casuals on friday. This isn't the problem. What IS the problem is that in addition to jeans & trainers on friday, there appears to be a running competition to see which of them can wear the most aftershave, cologne and perfume. Honks like the duty free perfume section at Heathrow as they all sashay round, doing nothing.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

I've never understood dress down Friday.

There seems to be two extremes here amongst men - either the usual shirt/trousers/shoes combo will be replaced by a shirt/jeans/shoes combo (what's the point), or else it'll be full tshirt/ripped jeans/trainers that looks extremely unprofessional in an office for a company that places great emphasis on impressing clients.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

sendô wrote:I've never understood dress down Friday.

There seems to be two extremes here amongst men - either the usual shirt/trousers/shoes combo will be replaced by a shirt/jeans/shoes combo (what's the point), or else it'll be full tshirt/ripped jeans/trainers that looks extremely unprofessional in an office for a company that places great emphasis on impressing clients.
shirt/jeans/shoes combo - over 30
tshirt/ripped jeans/trainers - under 30

I'd guess the majority round here are under 30. People no longer wear socks, I've noticed. Tight jeans that sit well above the ankle, no socks and ugly trainers appears to be the go-to combination when you want to look like an unprofessional twat.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Where i work it don't matter what you wear to be honest. I don't really see the need to go into work in a suit nowadays, seems a bit old fashioned to me.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

It depends on what you do, or what people in your office do, but my company is very client orientated, they've made a great effort to make their head office look impressive to clients and other visitors, yet on a Friday you have people strolling around in trainers, hooded jumpers etc.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

sendô wrote:It depends on what you do, or what people in your office do, but my company is very client orientated, they've made a great effort to make their head office look impressive to clients and other visitors, yet on a Friday you have people strolling around in trainers, hooded jumpers etc.
Just saw some bloke strolling round the office, mid 20s I'd guess, wearing:

- An oversized, sagging cardigan in the Starskey and Hutch mould
- A v-necked t-shirt that was in danger of revealing his navel
- Tight black jeans rolled up several inches above his 10-hole Air Wairs
- Standard-issue hipster beard/haircut/"statement" glasses
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

The place I'm at now was a real eye opener for dress down Fridays. I come from a place where everyday it was smart casual - the normal shirt/polo, jeans/chinos, smart (ie clean and relatively new) shoes or trainers. I was based in Southwark at a software provider for advertising agencies.

Now at my new place, that has three London sites with similar dress code as above, it also has numerous distribution sites which have strict smart dress code - even though the offices/desks/carpets are tatty as hell - which means shirts, trousers shoes at all times......except for Friday where the highlights so far I've seen

- astro football trainers with sports socks and barcelona shorts
- red tracksuit bottoms with yellow polo shirt (inc holes in and paint marks on)
- a very stupendous pyjama type pair of trousers with sheep on.
- vest top, board shorts and flip flops.

They just don't get it.
delbert
Has liked: 699 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

Trying to transfer some music from my PC to my Android phone, what a poxy chore. It's on there somewhere but Google Music isn't interested in finding it.........
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

delbert wrote:Trying to transfer some music from my PC to my Android phone, what a poxy chore. It's on there somewhere but Google Music isn't interested in finding it.........
Was it that song by sister sledge "lost in music" :)
delbert
Has liked: 699 likes
Total likes: 698 likes

Post by delbert »

:D The right era.......
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

I got a fairly rapid car, but people who pull out in front of you, making you break quite lively and poodle along when there was no traffic behind you and they could have pulled out after you and poodled along at their leisure...
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

Alfie's archival pic: