Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Discussion and Questions

Post by Doc H Ball »

I keep listening to David Byrne's 'Everybody's Coming to my House' and thinking it's about us.

We're only tourists in this life
Only tourists but the view is nice
And we're never gonna go back home
No we're never gonna go back home (all right)
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Met 2 neutrals who are doing the "92" grounds on train home last night interesting as one had over 80 under his belt they both liked it , said it was comparable to Wembley and said the atmosphere was decent , have to say my Brother in law who is Man U and has been to the Boleyn with me feels the same , don't shoot the messenger
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

Massive fire in a warehouse near the London stadium, shame it wernt the stadium thats burning down :x
OohAahButler
Has liked: 561 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

cockney farmer wrote:Met 2 neutrals who are doing the "92" grounds on train home last night interesting as one had over 80 under his belt they both liked it , said it was comparable to Wembley and said the atmosphere was decent
Well, they did get it on a good day. I don’t think I’m ever going to love the place but I’m one of those who feels that, for better or for worse ( worse obvs) it’s ours and we’ve got to make the best of it. Also shows what a difference it makes if the team turn up. If we could just get in some proper owners who will invest properly in the squad, I think we could still make it a decent match day.
rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by rossmundo »

cockney farmer wrote:Met 2 neutrals who are doing the "92" grounds on train home last night interesting as one had over 80 under his belt they both liked it , said it was comparable to Wembley and said the atmosphere was decent , have to say my Brother in law who is Man U and has been to the Boleyn with me feels the same , don't shoot the messenger
The only way to make that mecano set ****hole decent is to smash it to the ground and start a fresh. We west ham fans deserve a lot better than that abortion.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Update for April 1, 2:42 pm EDT: China's first prototype space station, Tiangong-1, will come crashing back to Earth on April 1 at 8:18 p.m. EDT (00:18 April 2 GMT), give or take 2 hours, according to the latest forecast by the Aerospace Corp. The European Space Agency predicts Tiangong-1's re-entry will begin sometime between Sunday night and early Monday. Nasa has confirmed that the good news for humankind is that the space station is predicted to make land and obliterate an area of London, England, known as The London Stadium.
:scarfer: :scarfer: :scarfer:
In other news:
A Mr D. Sullivan has been rushed to hospital this evening with severe, irregular anal quivering.
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

What the hell was the point of the hoarding type barriers they put in to stop us getting to the main bar. I ended up having to buy 4.70 bottles of cider because none of the bars sold it on draft. That bar area on the concourse with the big screen is one of the only decent things about the new ground and now we can't even use it. I'm not gonna miss that place next season!
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

It’s to prevent the riffraff from the Bobby Moore, East Stand, and Sir Trevor Brooking stand upsetting the owners and any prawn sandwich fans in the West Stand by protesting.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

It's all about protecting themselves and damn anyone else
Ifebbubbles

Post by Ifebbubbles »

They had more than enough stewards protecting the area. I dont see the point in putting them barriers in. Oh well not long left now until jacking it in.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

I see Everton unveiled plans to some fans today on their new place. They used the Olympic Stadium to show exactly how it won't be.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Doc H Ball wrote:I keep listening to David Byrne's 'Everybody's Coming to my House' and thinking it's about us.

We're only tourists in this life
Only tourists but the view is nice
And we're never gonna go back home
No we're never gonna go back home (all right)
'Lie To Me' by David Byrne, just as appropriate
Well you can lie to me
And I imagine you do
If nothin's right
What's wrong?
Blow Bubbles

Post by Blow Bubbles »

Being in gate A is now a right prick - can’t get round to the ale bar and I don’t drink lager any more, and none of the kiosks sell pies... I don’t want a bloody pizza slice or a hot dog! Headbanger

These barriers aren’t there for good are they?
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

There were lines of security just outside and just inside Westfield after the game on Saturday. I am not sure what they were supposed to be doing but what they were actually doing was getting in the way and shouting at people
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

I travelled to and from Saturday's game with pals who are Saints ST holders. I was amazed to hear them say that all banners and flags are banned at St Mary's. Who'd have thought it.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Karren Brady's "most successful stadium migration in history" is now being used by other Premier League teams an an example of how NOT to move a Football Club.

https://twitter.com/ynfafootball/status ... 0455527424
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Up the Junction wrote:Karren Brady's "most successful stadium migration in history" is now being used by other Premier League teams an an example of how NOT to move a Football Club.
The night before the Liverpool game at Anfield, I went to see a band play in a warehouse just opposite Bramley Moore Dock.

My inlaws are Evertonians and Goodison has been one of my favourite grounds. The main stand is one of Archibald Leitch's last remaining ones.

Like us they are fearful of a move but see it as something of a necessity to keep apace of their red brothers. Like us they want their heritage protected.

The entire Everton move, from the structuring of the deal with the council, the capital investment, the stadium design, how to preserve the stand and the migration are being discussed using us as an example as to how not to do things.

I reckon it will be a fabulous ground and with that the sadness at losing the old place will be softer.
ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 47 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer »

Coops wrote:There were lines of security just outside and just inside Westfield after the game on Saturday. I am not sure what they were supposed to be doing but what they were actually doing was getting in the way and shouting at people
Those dicks are absolutely useless. To be fair though they were also stopping normal shoppers get in and making them walk all the way round as well.

I was trying to get in and do some shopping after the game and stopped a couple of times to make sure they were treated the same as us football hooligans.
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

Up the Junction wrote:Karren Brady's "most successful stadium migration in history" is now being used by other Premier League teams an an example of how NOT to move a Football Club.

https://twitter.com/ynfafootball/status ... 0455527424

So how much they costing theirs out at?
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Post by Coops »

ornchurch ammer wrote:
Those dicks are absolutely useless. To be fair though they were also stopping normal shoppers get in and making them walk all the way round as well.

I was trying to get in and do some shopping after the game and stopped a couple of times to make sure they were treated the same as us football hooligans.
They were shouting at shoppers. There was a big line of them getting in the way. There was no clear signage or reasonable member of staff telling the shoppers what they should be doing, just a twat in a high-viz shouting. Funny because he never shouted at me, I think I was too wide for him.