Andy Carroll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Andy Carroll

Post by S-H »

Why have the most recent managers of our football club always been so desperate to get the cart horse back in the team?

Seriously, he has 1 good game in what, every 10? In which time he usually picks up an injury.

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Pressure from the powers that be that you CAN'T leave someone on the bench who is pulling in the region of 80-100K large per ??????

We think the team is unbalanced now, our memories are short in that BFS built the team around him and paid 10M to get in Jarvis to sling crosses into Wor Andy's head...at a time when Nolan's legs were so far gone he couldn't even keep up with, let alone get ahead of, the Big Geordie....

:twisted:
since86

Post by since86 »

Get rid. Hate the way we play when he’s in the team.
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

somerset-hammer wrote:Why have the most recent managers of our football club always been so desperate to get the cart horse back in the team?

Seriously, he has 1 good game in what, every 10? In which time he usually picks up an injury.

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.
Doesn't 'pay him off' mean that we lose at least the equivalent of a year of his wages from the apparently stressed players wage budget and so, given that no one in their right mind would buy him, we have to keep him for another year & hope that, at the very least, we get another 'West Brom' out of him?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

@ C & B

not sure mate..

one "might" be able to offer say a lump sum 6 months cash payment, PLUS no doubt his "loyalty" bonus for him to go, and he could then negotiate another deal being a "free" agent and able to negotiate another signing on bonus AND say 50K per....so he "could" come out ahead in the financial stakes.

win/win............for him and we get to offload 80-100K for 6 months might get someone in for 50K per for 12 months to a new player...

Just a thought..........
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I'd just like to say ' I like and appreciate you , Andy ' . :clap:
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Pressure from the powers that be that you CAN'T leave someone on the bench who is pulling in the region of 80-100K large per ??????

:twisted:
Isn't chicharito often on the bench and earning 130 large?
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:I'd just like to say ' I like and appreciate you , Andy ' . :clap:
Not sure if you were being 'tongue in cheek' but I would agree with that.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

The only thing Shandy Carroll has never broken is sweat.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:Pressure from the powers that be that you CAN'T leave someone on the bench who is pulling in the region of 80-100K large per ??????
Alfiehammer wrote:
Isn't chicharito often on the bench and earning 130 large?
true but I think that Moyes sees that he "could" use The Big Georgie but doesn't want to play Chicharito unless he really really really has to........

imvho that is.....

although to be fair we never really have had a whole fit squad players to really know what Moyes preferred starting line up is from week to week have we ?

I "suspect" though he prefers AC to JH.....

I hate the way we play when he's in the team though...through BFS, Slav and Moyes.......except on the odd occasion...but then again my memory is awful so it might not have been that bad...(I think it was though)

:lol:
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

I’d say the football we play when he’s been fit has generally been worse, even if the results haven’t been.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Diogenes wrote:
Not sure if you were being 'tongue in cheek' but I would agree with that.
No , not tongue in cheek at all , if you look through the rest of this thread you'll see me defending him throughout - It's not his fault he was given a 6 year contract and I'd like to think it's not his fault that he gets injured so often - He gives us something that none of our other strikers give , play him frm the start or as impact sub and he'll give us a different option .
I genuinely like him as a striker .
S-H

Post by S-H »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
He gives us something that none of our other strikers give .
What's that, year round weather updates from Dubai?
CubanHammer
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by CubanHammer »

We want you to stay, we want you to stay, Andy Carroll we want you to stay.
yakandyeti
Has liked: 425 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by yakandyeti »

I suspect we'd see more of him next year, he'd look after himself better and play through niggles as he needs to put himself in the shop window for the season after. That will probably result in us giving him an extension and him getting injured straight after signing it.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

e17 wrote:I’d say the football we play when he’s been fit has generally been worse, even if the results haven’t been.
If I have missed it, apologies, but has anyone done a stat on wins/losses with AC in/out the team?

I think exactly the same E17, football worse, but probably more points. As a WH manager for the best part of your tenure nearer the bottom than top, you would play him if the stats back it up.
S-H

Post by S-H »

Having Carroll in the team, encourages a form of laziness in the team, whereby instead of looking for a pass, they will just launch the ball to Carroll, it's not his fault that this happens, but on the whole it makes us more predictable to play against.

I know we are crap and generally play **** football, no matter who is playing, but at least without Carroll, the players think a little more about where the ball is going.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2353 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Clacton-ammer wrote:

If I have missed it, apologies, but has anyone done a stat on wins/losses with AC in/out the team?

I think exactly the same E17, football worse, but probably more points. As a WH manager for the best part of your tenure nearer the bottom than top, you would play him if the stats back it up.
I did a comprehensive one about two seasons ago and posted it on here

What it showed was that we accrued slightly more points in home games against the lesser sides with him (skewed by some teams he always seemed to do better against), but less away from home, and less against the top sides overall - basically he is a bit of a flat track bully

We also have to remember that when Carroll wasn't in the team during the period of this analysis we had a whole host of 'strikers' playing for us (some who were very poor), so he really should have demonstrated superiority given what he was up against

I think in the last two seasons the analysis may skew ever so slightly in his favour, but again, last season the alternatives were Zaza and Calleri - so you would hope he would do better!
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Cheers Crouchy

So to tie this up for his time here, we are proper ***** with him in or our the team :lol:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Carroll broke his wind in training this morning :o
Last edited by ageing hammer on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.