Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by goa127 »

Apologies if the amount I quoted was incorrect, I was just going by what his aunt (by previous marriage) told me. She may have miss-heard. Got to say I was a bit surprised, but I'm sure even the (much) lower amount is welcome
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

goa127 wrote:Apologies if the amount I quoted was incorrect, I was just going by what his aunt (by previous marriage) told me. She may have miss-heard ....
I doubt it.
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

I will always credit Sullivan for donating, anything is better than nothing.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Getting quite an easy ride aren't they?
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

Yeah, looks like we are safe now. So now we can all confabulate with each other about Summer transfers. I think at best there will be apathy now for a while. RWHF blew our only real chance.
Barnet Steve
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Barnet Steve »

the pink palermo wrote:Getting quite an easy ride aren't they?
I think that's the double-edged sword of our still precarious position. Hopefully, if we get a result against Stoke, and look to move clear of drop, we can refocus our efforts at them. They seem to be withdrawn from social media, so a few choice anti-board songs at half time and full time in the last few games of the season and maybe a proper protest on the final day.

I do not believe anything is going to change. In order for a DoF to be implemented, for instance, one would need to be announced now. I am sure they will cite the potential of relegation, but we would need someone to locate signings when half the first-team inevitably bailed anyway.

But, yes, they do need to be made aware that they should go.
Oldammer

Post by Oldammer »

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English/West Ham way.
The time is gone, the song is over.
Thought I'd something more to say.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Yep :(

It looks like 4 points in 2 games has made people forget the lies, deceit, the accounts. There was me thinking the issue was them more than what was happening on the pitch.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

In their own mind, theyve played a blinder....

(almost certainly) Found a manager to keep us up, whilst minimising the spend required to do so.
Reported a £40m+ profit
Taken £10m in interest for themselves
Engineered the cancellation of the march and in doing so divided the anti-board movement.
Got away with charging £10 to those who want to join the mysterious ST waiting list.
Survived an apparent "serious illness"
Found 6p loose change in the directors box after the Burnley game.

They will be feeling pretty smug right now.

Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

achieve safety from relegation and the masses will deflate back into their popcorn chewing wallet emptying subservience.

after burnley i was a ready to go again at southampton from kick off. not a sentiment shared by many though.
Swindon Iron
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by Swindon Iron »

Yep very easy ride and it sickens me, we had a number of journalists openly questioning the move and the owners after the Burnley and then nothing, it’s all stopped probably because the fan base didn’t keep the pressure on at the saints game, we had to keep it on the agenda and have failed. Hopefully it’s not a lost cause and it’ll start up again but feels like the moment has passed...

Would be such a shame if Bubbles sacrifice was for nothing but it does seem like it’s going that way.
IronworksDave

Post by IronworksDave »

All it needed was a few 'brown envelopes' to take out the protest .... it was all so easy ... we're as pathetic as our team these days ... deserve all the false promises we get
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Laughing all the way to the bank.

Most of my lot have even renewed. They’ve pissed and moaned as much as me, but they’ve still quietly just renewed. They’ve even started to use the mantra of “some good away days if we go down” now it’s fairly clear we won’t and it’s OK to pretend a horrible wet journey to Grimsby on a Friday night before a trip to Boro on Tuesday to watch David Connolly and Neil Mellor level players is “great”.

Easy to donate a few sovs to gofund me pages when you’re 30 million plus in profit.

They’re parasites
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

aaronhammer wrote: It looks like 4 points in 2 games has made people forget the lies, deceit, the accounts. There was me thinking the issue was them more than what was happening on the pitch.
Annoying really but it seems many fans would gladly put staying in the miracle gravy league above the clubs soul but that is modern football right? Even when it erupted at Burnley, it was only a small % of fans that were fed up. When a clubs fan base like ours starts caring about the results above the obvious decimation of our football club, it shows that Sky has won in theory. Modern football will root out and destroy even the most traditional and proper football fans in the long run.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Absolutely

I asked the question in the Moyes thread why we’ve had a debate about the current manager for 6 months on that thread which is already half the size of this thread on the owners that’s been running 2 and a half years.

It totally suits them to have some of our underperformance blamed on the manager, it takes focus away from them

Like the guy before though - he simply hasn’t been given the tools (largely because they’ve had their hands in the till)

They still need to go
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

It's results or lack of them that make people question the stewardship of the club. The vast majority of fans simply don't care who runs the club, as long as it goes ok on the pitch. When it doesn't then people look at the owners and realise they've been short changed. I've yet to meet anybody who really like gsb, most are just resigned to them. You can say it's apathy, but I think it's more just cynicsm. They don't believe that they will sell up soon, and if they do it'll be to more charlatans.
goingunderground
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by goingunderground »

Too ****ing easy. How are they not being investigated by governing bodies/the law?

One silver lining - they have pull off strong transfer window or the knives will be out - bigger and in higher volume then ever before.

It's boom or bust time. Even the most naive or apathetic fan will struggle to remain so clueless if we end up shifting Lanzini and Arnie AS WELL as not investing properly in all areas of the squad.

Fever pitch is coming if they try and blag this window.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

i'm still waiting for the FA report on tony henry's little turn.

absolutely no chance he was operating independently with that statement, but for some reason the entire media have taken it as read. the bloke himself even says it's club policy.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

Beavis Danzig wrote:i'm still waiting for the FA report on tony henry's little turn.

absolutely no chance he was operating independently with that statement, but for some reason the entire media have taken it as read. the bloke himself even says it's club policy.
Only two people that email could logically have been copied in to I reckon, and I know who is my overwhelming bet as to who it is... and it wouldn't be David Moyes. And the fact the agent as part of his agreement for its release was for that person's name be kept out of it, I somewhat doubt it's the Tea Lady either. Now who was it that had dealings going back 20 odd years with him?
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Said it before, and I'll say it again, we as a fan base have a lot to answer for.

At the end of the day, if you bend over and drop your trousers then don't be too surprised when you get ****ed.