Summer Transfer Window 2018

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Summer Transfer Window 2018

Post by thejackhammer »

Mario Balotelli.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3049 likes

Post by MB »

thejackhammer wrote:Mario Balotelli.
So wasteful. Shots from everywhere and dreadful as a lone striker. Pass from me.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

thejackhammer wrote:Mario Balotelli.
Is a complete Brady.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Any rumours for the DOF yet?
Is paul Mitchell worth a look? Been on garden leave for spurs for quite a while but probably ends soon
Previously did well at Southampton I think
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I thought Brentford's Bjellend looks alright
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 826 likes
Total likes: 669 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

MB wrote:Mario Balotelli.
thejackhammer wrote:So wasteful. Shots from everywhere and dreadful as a lone striker. Pass from me.
And Balotelli takes it on the chest and volleys it into the net.

You can claim an assist.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote:
And Balotelli takes it on the chest and volleys it into the net.

You can claim an assist.
Nah it's bound to hit Kane en route !
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 826 likes
Total likes: 669 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

Believer wrote:
Nah it's bound to hit Kane en route !
:D
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Peaches wrote:One player I think we must sign us Alan Browne from PNE. I think he is the most underrated player in the championship, he is very similar to Kante, if anything has a higher work rate. He is out of contract at the end of next season and is the kind of player we desperately need. He may take a little time to get acclimatized to the premier league but he is only 23 today so has plenty of time to adjust and would be an ideal successor to Noble in the heart of our midfield.
I like this idea, it makes perfect sense, which is exactly why I think it won't happen.
Ludeksgloves
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 456 likes

Post by Ludeksgloves »

Ben wrote:Any rumours for the DOF yet?
Is paul Mitchell worth a look? Been on garden leave for spurs for quite a while but probably ends soon
Previously did well at Southampton I think
Al Fisti
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

Thomas Delaney from Werder Bremen is good central midfielder, who wants to play in Premier League.

If Stoke goes down, i would convince to sign Moritz Bauer, Shaquiri or Joe Allen.
artlin

Post by artlin »

Ben Foster and Rondon from West Brom would improve our squad.
Benny the Ball
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Benny the Ball »

artlin wrote:Ben Foster and Rondon from West Brom would improve our squad.
I just don't see the attraction of Rondon or for that matter the vast majority of players at relegated clubs.

I watched Rondon yesterday and his work rate is appalling, scoring record also very suspect. There were occasions in the second half (before they scored) where he simply walked around the middle of the pitch while MU passed the ball back and forth. At one point the ball was within 5 yards of the MU player with the ball and yet he still remained static, refusing to chase or close down.

Relegated players are squad fillers unless they are young and upcoming (ref Cole Carrick and Defoe in 2003) and have been caught in a club going down the plughole.

IMO we should be looking to rebuild, in which case I spend the bulk of our cash on early 20's players that are guaranteed to make it and will have a guaranteed sell on at some point. Whether he would leave or not, my no.1 target would be Philip Foden....make a big offer and build a team around him.

BtB
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Benny the Ball wrote: IMO we should be looking to rebuild, in which case I spend the bulk of our cash on early 20's players that are guaranteed to make it and will have a guaranteed sell on at some point. Whether he would leave or not, my no.1 target would be Philip Foden....make a big offer and build a team around him.
If you can guarantee one 20 year old will make it that would be clever, never mind a load of them.
Benny the Ball
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Benny the Ball »

Benny the Ball wrote: IMO we should be looking to rebuild, in which case I spend the bulk of our cash on early 20's players that are guaranteed to make it and will have a guaranteed sell on at some point. Whether he would leave or not, my no.1 target would be Philip Foden....make a big offer and build a team around him.
I
SammyLeeWasOffside wrote:f you can guarantee one 20 year old will make it that would be clever, never mind a load of them.
Splitting hairs...for early 20's I meant 20-23. For Foden I would make an exception as an 18/19 year old.

BtB
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

If you want a guaranteed 20-23yr old then be prepared to pay through the nose, Norwich will want 40m for a kid that hasn't kicked a ball in the PL. Foden is what 17, there is so much that can go awry still, guardiola likes him, they don't need to sell. So even if he would come here how much would they want, you are probably looking at something insane like 40m+ to get him out of there at this stage of his career.

Its not as simple as that is my point, i get the spurs plan idea and its a sensible one but they missed as many as they hit. To work here would require a huge amount of money, a complete overhaul of how we scout players and for fans to be patient. I would doubt any of that is sustainable.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

If Guardiola is prepared to play a 17 year old Englishman nobody else is getting their hands on him :lol:
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Breaking: New Director of Football, spotted at London Stadium.

goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

As I've said before Rondon is not a consistent performer at all. Craig Dawson is West Brom's best player. He created yesterday's goal by nudging matic into heading the ball across goal. He is consistently the dirtiest, niggly player on the pitch, but very effective. Particularly noteworthy yesterday was his prentence at having hurt his leg before a corner, only to sprint into the box to appear at the back post as the ball came across. A truly cynical professional. Better sign him up!
MD_HM
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Rondon looks very average for most of the season, not interested in the slightest.

He isn’t better than Hernandez, Carroll or Sakho... our marker should be finding better players than we have or have had recently.