Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by hammers92 »

Hammerite wrote:Said it before, and I'll say it again, we as a fan base have a lot to answer for.

At the end of the day, if you bend over and drop your trousers then don't be too surprised when you get ****ed.
Spot on. A win against a pub side and decent result at Chelsea has had everyone stop complaining. Where is our bottle?
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

iLoveLasagne wrote:RWHF blew our only real chance.
I was thinking about this the other day, and was wondering if Andy and Mickey had continuted to attend our games after the shenanigans that went on?

Has there been any blow back on them personally following the cancellation of the 'official' march?
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

aaronhammer wrote: Yep :(

It looks like 4 points in 2 games has made people forget the lies, deceit, the accounts. There was me thinking the issue was them more than what was happening on the pitch.
It’s all about results....

Edit
For 95% of the support.
Rowly
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Rowly »

aaronhammer wrote: Yep :(

It looks like 4 points in 2 games has made people forget the lies, deceit, the accounts. There was me thinking the issue was them more than what was happening on the pitch.
carnage wrote:
It’s all about results....

Edit
For 95% of the support.
I reckon when (if) we beat Stoke tomorrow and safety is achieved then the protests will start in earnest. I hope so anyway.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

first things first lets get safe. relegation would destroy us even more !

for me the stratford experience is horrendous.
I don't like the area , walk to the stadium, lack of local traders, food is crap and expensive, the stadium is awful, too far from pitch, doesn't feel like a home game, stewards are either fighting us or asleep and the team on the pitch has been poor.

4pts in two games wont make that go away.

next season unless we sign some quality players I will reduce my attendance by at least 50%

just not west ham anymore. May 2016 WHU RIP
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

Rowly wrote: I reckon when (if) we beat Stoke tomorrow and safety is achieved then the protests will start in earnest. I hope so anyway.
I doubt it very much.
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

if we stay up GSB will have had a successful season. Minimal investment whilst staying in the prem. They have ridden out a minor storm that soon blew over and next season will be the same only we may have danced with relegation a little too much and face the consequences. At least we all know what the
'next level' means.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Job done.
Brady worth every penny for these two shitbags.
All the negative press is water off a duck's back and will be a chip wrapper come the end of the season - no one will give a **** about our continued ride into passive mediocrity.

They won the war with barely a whimper coming from the fanbase.
If the march had happened then we could have had something but they called that right.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

hammerman11 wrote:first things first lets get safe. relegation would destroy us even more !

for me the stratford experience is horrendous.
I don't like the area , walk to the stadium, lack of local traders, food is crap and expensive, the stadium is awful, too far from pitch, doesn't feel like a home game, stewards are either fighting us or asleep and the team on the pitch has been poor.

4pts in two games wont make that go away.

next season unless we sign some quality players I will reduce my attendance by at least 50%

just not west ham anymore. May 2016 WHU RIP
4 points don't make it go away but signing 'quality' players would?
SammyLeeWasOffside

PrawnSandwich wrote: If the march had happened then we could have had something but they called that right.
What could we have had?

If the march had gone ahead what would have changed really? Lets say 10,000 had marched and we had had the same set of results as now how many of them would have drifted away because its about results in truth for most fans.
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

Problem is all momentum was taken from the cancellation of the proposed march. There was an eruption of emotion at the Burnley game as people were so pissed off at not being able to march. At the end of it though there was not many really getting involved in the scale of things.

The gap of the international games allowed the opportunity for the club to appeal for calm, wheeling out past and present West Ham 'legends' stating that any negativity will effect the players and with it ending our stay in the Premier league. This was so powerful as I expect 95% of supporters do not want us to go down so the Southampton game was rocking, showing our support for the team.

What it has done now though is highlight the lack of spending etc. to the wider world and although there are not many comments there were some discussions on Sky etc. saying that the owners are not investing etc. so the pressure will be on them this summer to have a good window.

What do I think will happen? I think we will sell a couple of players for substantial amounts of money, with them painting the players as villains wanting to leave etc. and this will hide the fact that our net spend will actually only be around 30 mil.

Further to this I think if we start losing tonight then I can see more disgruntled faces..... fickle bunch eh!
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: What could we have had?

If the march had gone ahead what would have changed really? Lets say 10,000 had marched and we had had the same set of results as now how many of them would have drifted away because its about results in truth for most fans.
Momentum maybe?
More exposure?

For me, it's wishful optimism, the word used was could.
My statement was as hypothetical as your dismal of it.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

I genuinely thought what happened at Burnley was the begging of the end for them, it felt like the start of a revolution, if we had lost the following games I think it would have carried on..
shame that the wins have made it look like it's just about results and that we are happy when winning.
can't see any change if we continue to safety, nothing major anyway.
then most will say lets give them another chance and we are back where we started
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Ben wrote:I genuinely thought what happened at Burnley was the begging of the end for them, it felt like the start of a revolution, if we had lost the following games I think it would have carried on..
shame that the wins have made it look like it's just about results and that we are happy when winning.
then most will say lets give them another chance and we are back where we started

Sad but true.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Ben wrote:I genuinely thought what happened at Burnley was the begging of the end for them, it felt like the start of a revolution, if we had lost the following games I think it would have carried on..
Those that do give them another chance deserve all that's coming to them. Buy snake oil once you can forgive yourself. Twice? Getting silly now. Buy it more than twice and you can't be considered anything else other than a fool.

For what it's worth I do think the Burnley game was the beginning of the end. No matter how easily fooled/ gutless/ happy with the Daves (delete/ add as appropriate) our fans are the owners' friends in the press were outgunned and brushed aside by article after article from good, respected, not-bought-off journalists. That was a turning point and the club took a huge hit in that respect.
wildkard
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by wildkard »

Fact of the matter is football fans don’t protest when things are going relatively well, even if things are only going relatively well for a short while.
SammyLeeWasOffside

PrawnSandwich wrote: Momentum maybe?
More exposure?

For me, it's wishful optimism, the word used was could.
My statement was as hypothetical as your dismal of it.
I'm not dismissing it so much as unclear what people thought was going to happen (not specifically you btw).

People talk about momentum being lost but that perhaps hides the fact that the fire for revolution for many was purely about being in a relegation scrap. all the talk of the stadium, the owners etc seem very much to be among online groups. Thats been my point from the off in this, are those seeking revolution on the side of the majority?

I hate almost everything the club is about now but by and large thats modern football - soulless and reactionary. The stadium move was a scandal on my eyes but lots of people wanted to move. 50,000 folk keep turning up so maybe its me thats wrong
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

This is partly why I wanted relegation so badly this season.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

we had our chance.

i wonder if those who wanted the board out but were determined that we must "get behind the team on the pitch" will look back in regret in seasons to come. in their minds they were just doing right by their club, but they undoubtedly played their part in the pacification.
Last edited by Beavis Danzig on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SammyLeeWasOffside

DaveWHU1964 wrote: For what it's worth I do think the Burnley game was the beginning of the end. No matter how easily fooled/ gutless/ happy with the Daves (delete/ add as appropriate) our fans are the owners' friends in the press were outgunned and brushed aside by article after article from good, respected, not-bought-off journalists. That was a turning point and the club took a huge hit in that respect.
Its a few weeks on and almost nobody, who didn't have their mind made up already, remembers those articles (if they even took notice in the first place). Unless someone comes in with an offer they want GSB will be here in 5 or 10 years.

Win tonight and there won't be a murmur of discontent. The bottom line is most people weren't bothered enough to force them out.