Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Re: Gold and Sullivan ???

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Its a few weeks on and almost nobody, who didn't have their mind made up already, remembers those articles (if they even took notice in the first place).

Those who wrote did so having started to mine a nice rich, previously untouched seam. They'll mine it again. And I suspect there's an awful lot to be mined - far, far more than at most clubs.

Unless someone comes in with an offer they want GSB will be here in 5 or 10 years.

I don't think so Sam. Certainly the plan would have been to stave off protest and scrutiny for a s long as possible to then sell at the optimum time. If protest has largely been staved off then scrutiny hasn't. I think their time frames will have been brought forward.

Win tonight and there won't be a murmur of discontent.

Agreed.

The bottom line is most people weren't bothered enough to force them out.

Agreed. For those who aren't bothered / too apathetic to try I have less and less sympathy to be honest. If they want to hand over several hundred quid to liars then fine - I just hope they don't moan about it when the rinse and repeat is repeated next year.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

The board have been masters of saving their skins by defecting blame away from themselves by using numerous promises, excuses and half-truths, they are good at throwing managers (or head scouts) under the bus only to keep bad news in the media away from themselves.

The good thing is that even that arsenal of delaying tactics and defense mechanisms is coming to an end as most of those methods have been used by them too often. They no longer wash with a majority of fans.

At the end of the day you can only fool the majority of the fanbase for so long.
At one point you either put some serious investment into the club and the squad or you go under.

The board are under massive scrutiny now. Another transfer window like the previous four and it could push a lot of fans over the edge. It's all well and good asking the fans to support the team in the stadium on matchday.

But at some point people will be so disillusioned with GSB that they will consider getting the board out to be a more worthy cause and a more pressing need than cheering the players on.
Al Fisti
Has liked: 114 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Al Fisti »

Is there a chance that other persons than Sullivan and Gold will continue proceedings in the near future?
Tackler

Post by Tackler »

Laughable! Like the Birmingham fans said he counts agent fees and wages as part of the net spend.

Anyway sounds like he´s warning us about another **** transfer window with excuses and lies...

"David Sullivan has addressed the ‘net spend’ controversy on Hammers transfers declaring he wants to dispel a myth on the issue.

He declares in tonight’s official programme notes: “I want to dispel a myth about our net spending on new players in recent years. There has been claims that our net spend has been next to nothing but that simply is not the case.

Since June 2016, we have spent club record transfer fees on Andre Ayew and Marko Arnautovic and also significant sums on other individuals including Chicharito.

We have recouped some of that money by selling more than 20 players, including Dimitri Payet. However, there has been some incorrect reporting on the amount of money we did or did not spend on some players, particularly those we brought in on Bosman transfers.

While no fee has changed hands for players aged 24 or older, significant agent and signing on fees and wages are needed to secure players who can literally choose their next move.

When you add in sell-on clauses and wrongly reported transfer fees our net spend has been higher than has been suggested by so-called experts. The club will be looking to strengthen again this summer with a view to enjoying a better 2018/19.”

He adds: “The recruitment staff are working diligently to identify the right sorts of players to improve a number of positions.”

http://www.claretandhugh.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Claret and hugh is hilarious, laughable post as usual. Who actually reads what C&H posts and takes it seriously? Their propaganda is so bad, they don't even try to make it believable. And the real myth surrounding our transfer dealings I think, is, how do we manage to sign anyone given that they have to deal with David Twat Sullivan?

Gonna borro a playa from PSG if u dnt sign our £1m up front and £15m over 15 years offa.

C&H should be ashamed of themselves but I guess when you are paid to be a mouthpiece for GSB you are beyond feeling anything.
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

Just on that last point, they claimed Bilic was offered Krychowiak and Renato Sanches on loan but turned them down because he wanted William Carvalho, and blamed him for our lack of a defensive midfielder ( as opposed to their reluctance to spend any money for our biggest are of need over two windows). With only 4 matches left, looks like Bilic was spot on as Krychowiak and Sanches have contributed approximately as much for WBA and Sawnsea as Carvalho has for us.
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1022 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Bilic asked for pace too and he was right on that as well.
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I actually think Billic has very cleverly created the environment Gold and Sullivan find themselves in. He said Carvalho or bust because he knew the owner's were conning him (and us) and would offer cheaper alternatives at the 11th hour.

He stitched them up good and proper. I knew he was leaving as soon as I saw the press interview when he was giggling at the "dildo brothers" description.

I will forever love the guy for opening a lot of the fans eyes. Not me though. I've always known what Gold and Sullivan are. Billic has had the last laugh because the owner's will never recover. They can either drag us down with them or cut their losses and cash in as much as they can.
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

What the f*** is that deceitful twat going on about "dispelling myths on spending" ?
When he claims he spent, he means committed to spend and all the monies paid to agents, signing on fees and selling players on early have been down to him and his vanity, incompetence and his **** negotiating skills,imo.
He would have been better off shutting his mouth, because he is actually telling us he has spent far more on,mostly,the "piss poor" or players we(and some managers) did not want or need than we, originally, thought!!
badabing
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by badabing »

Meanwhile, up in the Black Country the Wolves MD states there will be no limit to their ambition for next season, and they will not make up the numbers. Good for them , a proper old club, won't be at all surprised to see them finish above us. We really have been sold a pup.
hxhammer

Post by hxhammer »

Was discussing the goons last night with Martin Allen and a great point was made. Before they arrived, we were a well respected club, pretty much world wide, thanks to greats like Bobby, Sir Trev and Bondso, to name but a few. Now, thanks to the appaling behaviour of the 3 stooges, we are a laughing stock, with clubs sich as Leicester refusing to deal with us?
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

hxhammer wrote:Was discussing the goons last night with Martin Allen and a great point was made. Before they arrived, we were a well respected club, pretty much world wide, thanks to greats like Bobby, Sir Trev and Bondso, to name but a few. Now, thanks to the appaling behaviour of the 3 stooges, we are a laughing stock, with clubs sich as Leicester refusing to deal with us?
I was chatting to Mike Marsh who says similar.

I wasn’t really. I’m making it up
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Tackler wrote:When you add in sell-on clauses and wrongly reported transfer fees our net spend has been higher than has been suggested by so-called experts. The club will be looking to strengthen again this summer with a view to enjoying a better 2018/19.”
Did Sullivan draft Gove in write that?

Strengthen again? Have we strengthened at all in the last 2 years? We are lighter in every area.
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

hxhammer wrote:Was discussing the goons last night with Martin Allen and a great point was made. Before they arrived, we were a well respected club, pretty much world wide, thanks to greats like Bobby, Sir Trev and Bondso, to name but a few. Now, thanks to the appaling behaviour of the 3 stooges, we are a laughing stock, with clubs sich as Leicester refusing to deal with us?
Exactly. They tried so hard to turn us into a corporate wet dream and elevating our 'level' they have destroyed everything likeable about the club. They tried to play down our history, the very players people had a soft spot for and become Arsenal lite.

They even turned one of the most influential players in recent history into a pantomime villain in Payet with their BS and destroyed one of our most popular and universally liked managers, especially with all that one more game to save your job crap.

Their vision for the club following a freebee stadium from the government has really highlighted how inept they are, alienating the support and trying to turn us into something we are not on the cheap.

We are not Man City, they clearly don't have the pockets despite their claims of world class players etc. we are not Arsenal (thank goodness), we were West Ham. We are now West Ham London and that is a mess. That is why I hate them.

The stadium is not ideal, its not Upton Park but I would swallow it if it meant the Champions league theme being played there. They have not invested in the squad but lets be honest we never really had much investment so nothing new. We have never had the greatest owners in the world but we had each other. All these things stacked up but knowing who we were, what we had and where we should be kept us together, us against the rest. No raised expectations, proper football ground and no popcorn. Sold a dream, living a nightmare is so apt.

What really presses my buttons and the one thing I wish we could ask them directly is the move was to benefit the club, a world class stadium for world class players, so knowing the additional income for the stadium doesn't touch £10 million how did they expect the stadium and the rebranding to pan out any other way?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Not quite true. The rot started with Tevez. Although this mob have certainly upped the stakes.
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

I spoke to one of the men collecting money for Isla last night.
Now, the conversation was a bit confused and he contradicted himself once or twice, but I asked him straight out if he'd had the £20,000 from that was collected by RWHFAG for the march, plus the matched £20,000 from the club, and he laughed. He said there never was any money.
But then he went on to say how angry he was to see his face on an anti-board poster, and that the club had done a lot for Isla but didn't want people to know about it.
So... maybe someone a bit better at journalism should ask him next time, but I thought I'd pass that titbit on.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

I might be going out on a limb, but I can't see West Ham having much of a reputation abroad, apart from the ICF and being an East End team.
Up the Junction wrote:The rot started with Tevez. Although this mob have certainly upped the stakes.
The Bond Scheme was a few years prior. Terrence Brown started the decline, and it has since gone from bad to worse.
Hammer83
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Hammer83 »

Wembley1966 wrote:Huddersfield owner:

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/statu ... 9786587136

Disgusting isn’t it? So this year they have banked £14m from our club and sold Ayew and Sakho for more than £25m whilst spending £9m of that on a crap championship striker.Why are they being allowed to get away with this bull**** so easy? :x
hammernsickle
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by hammernsickle »

Hammer83 wrote: Disgusting isn’t it? So this year they have banked £14m from our club and sold Ayew and Sakho for more than £25m whilst spending £9m of that on a crap championship striker.Why are they being allowed to get away with this bull**** so easy? :x
Because capitalism, dude.

They own it. It's their capital owning the enterprise. We own nothing. We are just customers to them. If one of us leaves, they believe they will get just as much from a neutral who wants a day out in London. Or if not they can already sell and make a profit on their overall investment, not even considering how much they have made off of the club. They really don't care what we think because they own it and have all the power.

Lot's of people are mad at Facebook right now. Doesn't mean customers can force Zuckerberg to resign.