David Moyes: should he stay or should he go? [POLL]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Should WHUFC offer David Moyes an extended contract?

Yes
37%
No
50%
Unsure
12%

Total votes: 1058

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

David Moyes: should he stay or should he go? [POLL]

Post by Up the Junction »

A simple one for a lovely sunny April day - see below.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Re: David Moyes: should he stay or should he go? [POLL]

Post by e17 »

No for me.
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

Would depend on who the replacement is
If its Rafa then yes, see ya
If it's a pulis or Hughes then better the devil you know
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

give him a handshake, a painting of a spitfire and send him on his way.

he's the perfect foil for the dildos though. cheap, pragmatic and not afraid to bin off the cups or blame the support if we start acting up.
Last edited by Beavis Danzig on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

No for me, would prefer someone with a more positive outlook (even if it means we lose points at times)
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Yes - has a proven track record at building successful teams and internal footballing structures like scouting, sports science etc. Everton has regressed since he left, despite spending a fortune
sgb1972
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by sgb1972 »

Under whelmed with the appointment, but done a decent enough job considered working conditions.

What ambitious manager would want to work for our board, and of course with our limited transfer funds.

We’re in the hands of a very experienced manager, middle table obscurity is the best we can hope for.

When’s the renewal deadline?!
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Ironing Board wrote:Yes - has a proven track record at building successful teams and internal footballing structures like scouting, sports science etc. Everton has regressed since he left, despite spending a fortune
did wonder which way you'd vote.
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

It's a yes from me, just not sure who would want the job for 1 and he seems to be doing an ok job, like to give him a summer and see what he can do
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Yes. He's an experienced manager and has a strong backroom staff. His goal on joining was to avoid relegation. Let's see how he does next season after a summer transfer window and not having to worry about relegation from the word go. I personally think he's far from the dinosaur that many have lazily labelled him. I also think people are exaggerating about how negative we're playing at the moment whilst having memory lapses about bilics reign. There were many many matches under Bilic where our striker was isolated.
Robbie
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Robbie »

Yes from me. He's probably kept us up with a very limited squad. Who else would want the job? Nobody with any further pedigree.
Fair enough to Moyes.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1315 likes
Total likes: 765 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

No. It's more from the heart than the head, and despite the fact that more than most on here I seem to have quite enjoyed our recent mix of pragmatic battling and breakaway threat. If I'm really honest, I just don't like him and can't really identify with him as West Ham. It started with 'I'll give you a slap', solidified with his public angling for the job when Bilic was still in situ, and intensified throughout those early days with us when he blamed players for defeats on camera, claimed the team as his own or not when it suited him, and publicly criticised Arnautovic etc etc. Since then, he's been a bit more mellow and uncontroversial but there's an arrogance about him that I can't take to. A clean slate please, as soon as possible.
hayzelden

Post by hayzelden »

It’s a NO for me, dull&boreing football
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

If the main defence is who else would want the job, therefore keep him, then that tells me all I need to know - which is that he’s not the right manager for our club. I make the same point if the defence is that he’s the perfect fit for our owners, I’m sure Gold sells things which are a perfect fit for my arse - doesn’t mean I want them!

I’m not going to say he’s not good enough because of his 3 jobs previous to us, and equally I’m not going to say he is good enough because of his time at Everton (which I think personally is over egged but anyway).

My decision for him to leave is because quite simply I’ve found his tenure - in the main - disappointing and boring. I’m sure many will argue that is all he’s been able to do with what is at his disposal, however I’d disagree, and perhaps contradicting what I’ve put in this post already, his style of football at his past clubs has been very similar.

So thank you for the job you’ve gone Mr Moyes (providing we do stay up) but it’s right for you to move on with your reputation repaired, and for the owners to step up and prove the doubters wrong and get a manager that delivers style and substance.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Does the thought of him in charge make you want to spend £700 here or there and renew your season ticket? Do you really want him in charge for another 3 years. Absolutely fine if that’s your opinion but consider it very carefully.
noblecause

Post by noblecause »

Yes from me, mainly because the board will inevitably F up with a different appointment.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Bearing in mind where we are as a club, I think he's possibly about as best we can hope for IMO.

Yes from me.
noblecause

Post by noblecause »

Yes from me, mainly because the board will inevitably F up with a different appointment.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

I'm a bit of an old gnarled twig (a twisty stick) on this one. I voted unsure because, as Tristan Shout has already said, it depends on who'd replace him. The thing is, would anyone with a better pedigree that's deemed an upgrade want to join us with Mary, Mungo and Midge's exposed reputation.

I'd say the pro on him staying would be the potential of a bit of stability on what we know will be a limited budget, but the con could well be staid, steady, respect the point, Premiership survival at the sake of everything else; the sort of defensive minded football that's been served up a bit too much of lately!
Last edited by Eggs'n'nuts on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Genuinely surprised by those percents so far