Are we going down ?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Are we going down ?

Postby Puff Daddy on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:16 am

hammerman11 wrote:mystic puff what will west ham do ?

Will depend to a great extent on whether we are bought during the summer, or not. If we are, we may be completely unrecognisable next season, with players we hitherto, could only dream about and a revered manager, obviously only attracted by the money. Otherwise, should things stay the same and Moyes remains at the helm , operating on a shoestring budget, knocking around the relegstion places is the most likely
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Postby sutts07 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:38 pm

West Ham remaining games;

Arsenal away
Man City home
Leicester away
Man Utd home
Everton home

Still not out of the woods yet but looking increasingly unlikely teams will be able to catch us. Staying up by virtue of others being s**ttier than us as opposed to us being better. Not ideal, but I will take it.
Looking at the remaining games, you would like to think we still have another 5-6 points in us. Leicester have all but given up for the season and Everton won't be too fired up. Same goes for both Manchester teams really.

WBA need to find 11 points and a lot of goals from their last four games to catch us, so not really worth spending too much time on them.

Stoke remaining games;

Burnley home
Liverpool away
Palace home
Swansea away

They need 8 points to go above us

Stoke need two wins and a draw out of that little lot just to draw level with us and even then, they have a terrible goal difference. They need to go unbeaten now really and win three of these four. If truth be told, they didn't look like a side on the verge of a great escape.
Big game for them at home to Burnley this weekend, Burnley are flying and chasing a European spot so they won't roll over. The Palace and Swansea games look winnable, saying that, both may also still be looking to secure points for safety. I really can't see Stoke catching us now.

Huddersfield remaining games;

Chelsea away
Everton home
Man City away
Arsenal home

They need 1 point to go above us

Looking at these fixtures, that injury time goal against Watford could well be the last they score this season. I honestly do not know where another point is going to come from for them, especially if they have the mind set that they are already safe. I can't see them getting more points than us out of their remaining fixtures and we have a far superior goal difference over them. I can't see them finishing above us now but there will no doubt be a few surprise results.

Southampton remaining games;

Bournemouth home
Everton away
Swansea away
Man City home

They need six points to go above us

I just feel Southampton have missed too many chances to pull themselves out of it. Getting stuffed by us will have hurt, as will throwing the Chelsea game away. Seems they are all about the FA Cup semi now, get walloped in that and it could be a total collapse for them. If (and it is a huge IF) they can hit a bit of form they could realistically pick up another 6-8 points and make a few teams very nervous around them.

Bournemouth at home looks to be the stand out chance for a win. If they do not win that one, I'd say they won't be catching us. Even if they do win that one I'm not sure they will catch us to be honest. Not impossible but I can't see it and I think we have at least one more win in us anyway.

Brighton remaining games;

Burnley away
Man Utd home
Man City away
Liverpool away

We need two points to go above them

Also tough to see where another point is coming from for Brighton really. Comparing our fixtures, you would much prefer to have ours over theirs and I personally think we will get one more win than them in the run in to finish above them.

Swansea remaining games;

Man City away
Chelsea home
Bournemouth away
Southampton home
Stoke home

They need three points to go above us

Swansea are now looking like the team holding the key to it all due to their last couple of fixtures. If they win them it will kill off Stoke and Southampton... if they don't win them, it will kill them. Really and truly they should get another 6 or 7 points from these fixtures and could well finish above us.

As I have said a number of times on here, it is vary rarely 40 points that is needed, more often than not 37 is the number and I can't see that being any different this season. WBA, Stoke, Huddersfield and Brighton are all going to struggle to get up to 37 points. Southampton may just about get there but it is not likely.

Setting aside what any other team will or will not do, a draw at Arsenal would be great for us and for me, will leave us needing just one win or two draws from the other four.
I can't see us losing to Everton at home on the final day but I would hate to be counting on something there to survive though. I also think we can take at least two points out of the other games. Maybe even sneak a win in one of them.
Last edited by sutts07 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
sutts07

Postby Rocketron on Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:48 pm

Hugh Jargon II wrote:Huddersfields self proclaimed miracle has created another twist. If Stoke turn us over tonight things will get edgy again.
A draw will be enough and we have to accept we have some key players out with a poor squad.

I'm far from greatful for what we've got. Embarressed more like. We need at least 7 1st team contenders to become a top 10 team. X that by 3 to fulfil the owners promises.

See the problem? If we don't become the new Leeds this season it's only a matter of time with our awful owners.

I don't mind that. It's tomorrow night I'm worried about, pardon? :wink:
Rocketron

Postby DasNutNock on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:42 pm

We deserve it it we do.
DasNutNock

Postby Loon on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:47 pm

The bottom three will be the three to go down. I don't think anything will change now.
Loon

Postby Paddy O'Hammer on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:54 pm

Loon wrote:The bottom three will be the three to go down. I don't think anything will change now.

We need a Sutts update.....but its hard to see Huddersfield nicking anything!
Paddy O'Hammer

Postby Jumby on Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:53 am

The equaliser proved to things, that we can do just enough, and Stoke can't.
Jumby

Postby goa127 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:12 am

Jumby wrote:The equaliser proved to things, that we can do just enough, and Stoke can't.

exactly this
goa127

Postby EastEndIRON on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:09 am

Still too close to call

Both Southampton and Stoke have winnable fixtures remaining and nothing is a given in the league (particularly at this stage of the season)

Going to be a tense finale
EastEndIRON

Postby York Ham(mer) on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:28 am

Can we get three points from our last five games? I don’t see Southampton or Stoke getting 38 points.
York Ham(mer)

Postby EastEndIRON on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:06 am

We should really go for the win against Arsenal, 3 points would surely see us home
EastEndIRON

Postby Beavis Danzig on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:55 am

home?

where's that then.
Beavis Danzig

Postby Tenbury on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:40 am

Where ever I lay my hate.
Tenbury

Postby Pob! on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:55 am

The Stoke result could come home to roost tonight if Southampton get a win at Leicester..
Pob!

Postby EastEndIRON on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Pob! wrote:The Stoke result could come home to roost tonight if Southampton get a win at Leicester..

Very true, a Southampton win tonight would certainly make our position look fragile when you consider the run of games ahead

Come on Leicester
EastEndIRON

Postby Pob! on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:20 pm

Just thinking if we hadn't of seen cheated out of 2 pts at Bournemouth we would be in a less precarious position than we are now.
If we get relegated it won't be by more than 2 points I doubt..

What an expensive mistake that could end up being.
Pob!

Postby EastEndIRON on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Pob! wrote:Just thinking if we hadn't of seen cheated out of 2 pts at Bournemouth we would be in a less precarious position than we are now.
If we get relegated it won't be by more than 2 points I doubt..

What an expensive mistake that could end up being.

Not forgetting Antonio’s moment of madness versus Palarse away

Literally threw two points away.
EastEndIRON

Postby Pob! on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Oh yeah!

Forgot about that.. :x
Pob!

Postby Jumby on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:54 pm

That's us safe now, we're not going to lose all four games.
Jumby

Postby EastEndIRON on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:04 pm

Jumby wrote:That's us safe now, we're not going to lose all four games.

This is West Ham - we are far from safe.
EastEndIRON

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion