Arsenal 4-1 West Ham Utd (22/04/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Re: Arsenal v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by bubbles1966 »

MrHammer73 wrote:Was it me or did Ogbonna look injured?

Just another example of the incompetence of our board letting Fonte go and playing a injured centre half.
He has had tendonitis.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Bit of a free hit today’s game but disappointing to lose the way we did but it definitely wasn’t a 4-1 kind of game, especially comparing that to a result and performance like City put in this afternoon. We didn’t play badly but I did lose count of how many times the ball was played through our midfield with ease. We also looked shattered for the last 20 mins or so. Just need to make sure we best Everton.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

HammerAl wrote:Bit of a free hit today’s game but disappointing to lose the way we did but it definitely wasn’t a 4-1 kind of game, especially comparing that to a result and performance like City put in this afternoon. We didn’t play badly but I did lose count of how many times the ball was played through our midfield with ease. We also looked shattered for the last 20 mins or so. Just need to make sure we best Everton.
We did, but that was the result of the way Moyes set the team up. We wouldn't have looked quite so shattered had Noble and Kouyate in particular, improve their ball retention.In the heat
too, this ensured the ball kept coming back at us and with tiring limbs, this also meant tiring minds. This was the only reason we capitulated in that last 10 minutes, during which time, they scored 3 goals
miketheloop

Post by miketheloop »

Hate Arsenal.

Lost my wife to a gooner ****.
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

The more I look at the highlights the more p**sed off I get.
EastEndIRON
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by EastEndIRON »

miketheloop wrote:Hate Arsenal.

Lost my wife to a gooner ****.
Her loss mate - our family is better :crest:
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1439 likes

Post by smuts »

Humbug wrote:The more I look at the highlights the more p**sed off I get.
What's galling is that we had pretty much every one back and in the picture when they waltzed through for their last 2 goals.

We looked creamed by the end. I suppose that's what happens when you have a thin, ageing squad.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

And when it is really hot
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

smuts wrote:We looked creamed by the end. I suppose that's what happens when you have a thin, ageing squad.
Ain't that the truth.

We looked tired and beaten after the second. Players who couldn't give any more.
smuts

Post by smuts »

upton o'good wrote:And when it is really hot
Has their Miami tan faded already? :)
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Didn't know the result. Just watched motd.
Awful, just f***ing awful.
An absolute joke.
Were you watching, David Sullivan?
THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
Humbug

Post by Humbug »

So Hart shouts "Away" behind Declan!!!! So with the crowd shouting , Declan trying to organise the line concentrating on the cross , he is supposed to also understand some sudden instruction from behind him while the ball is in the air? Hart is proving he is too stupid to be a PL or England goalkeeper.
smuts

Post by smuts »

Humbug wrote:So Hart shouts "Away" behind Declan!!!! So with the crowd shouting , Declan trying to organise the line concentrating on the cross , he is supposed to also understand some sudden instruction from behind him while the ball is in the air? Hart is proving he is too stupid to be a PL or England goalkeeper.
Law of defending is to clear it. Hart did nothing wrong but give him the right call as most keepers would do in that situation.
EastEndIRON

Post by EastEndIRON »

Humbug wrote:So Hart shouts "Away" behind Declan!!!! So with the crowd shouting , Declan trying to organise the line concentrating on the cross , he is supposed to also understand some sudden instruction from behind him while the ball is in the air? Hart is proving he is too stupid to be a PL or England goalkeeper.
It was NOT Harts fault

Hart actually produced two excellent saves prior to the Arsenal second which kept us in the game

Communication between players is a crucial aspect of the game, I don’t think you can dig Hart out on this occassion. If there is any element of doubt in a defenders mind he has to clear it
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

What really pisses me off no end is........no one seems to have gotten any photos of the cheese board in the Director's Box

8-)
Humbug

Post by Humbug »

EastEndIRON wrote:
It was NOT Harts fault

Hart actually produced two excellent saves prior to the Arsenal second which kept us in the game

Communication between players is a crucial aspect of the game, I don’t think you can dig Hart out on this occassion. If there is any element of doubt in a defenders mind he has to clear it
If he'd just shut his mouth, Declan would have cleared it. Why say anything at all?
EastEndIRON

Post by EastEndIRON »

As I said, it is the job of the keeper to communicate with the back line. Stop making Hart the skapegoat.
smfc

Post by smfc »

Humbug wrote: If he'd just shut his mouth, Declan would have cleared it. Why say anything at all?
I'm far from a fan of Hart but two things here:

1. If the keeper shouts "away" then you clear it
2. If you are in any doubt you clear it

You can clearly hear Hart at games, he is pretty vocal when he needs to be and he shouts "away!" a LOT. Not just him but other players will as well, the keeper can't always see everything that might be happening.

Some will say if the keeper shouts "mine" you should leave it. I never ever did that, too many cheeky buggers can shout that.

Rice clearly at fault, not a big deal - mistakes and lessons learned, all part of the game.
Stevo44
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by Stevo44 »

smfc wrote: Some will say if the keeper shouts "mine" you should leave it. I never ever did that, too many cheeky buggers can shout that..
When I played keeper yelling "mine" was an indirect free kick.

We were taught three calls - "away", "man on" and "keeper!" - very simple.
Tenbury
Has liked: 721 likes
Total likes: 1207 likes

Post by Tenbury »

Ironing Board wrote:It’s an old point, but Moyes is playing with the cards he has. I doubt he is happy with the squad, and if he is signing Allen and Butland it shows where his priorities lie.

The team is in dire need of defensive and midfield reinforcements. A couple of centre halfs, with Rice protected as the first reserve behind an experienced paring so he can build experience without being hung out to dry, seem crucial
And yet there are numerous posts from you,and a couple more of his apologists, pointing out how much better organised we are defensively now, and ,indeed how much fitter we look(!)..Couple of seasons ago we went there ,first game, and gave them a good shafting...just sayin..I