Leicester City 0-2 West Ham Utd (05/05/18)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Re: Leicester City v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by vietnammer »

GaryP wrote:Goals ...

http://hlf.matchat.online/player/49482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Normaly hate repeats but can't get enough of that :crest:

Thanks
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

aaronhammer wrote:Just back home, what an away day. Sun out, 3 points, clean sheet, good team performance, but us fans were incredible - one of the best of the season, maybe even in the last couple of seasons.

Southampton result now means we’re mathematically safe too :scarfer:
Could you hear you all loud and clear from my armchair! :thup:
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Literally bursting with pride at that Noble goal!

What a beauty, so pleased for him.
FAH_1973

Post by FAH_1973 »

Not long back from the game. Good performance - started with high tempo and deservedly led. Second half was more on the break but never really gave Leicester much of a sniff. And the atmosphere in the away was fantastic.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can’t get the embed code as I’m on a mobile device, it’s a couple of minutes of post match celebration (mainly chanting for Ginge to get a new contract!)
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

aaronhammer wrote:" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can’t get the embed code as I’m on a mobile device, it’s a couple of minutes of post match celebration (mainly chanting for Ginge to get a new contract!)

Absolutely fantastic!

The club does not deserve supportes of that quality, fair ****ing play to each and every one of you, so chuffed for ginge that he got to hear that.

:thup:
NorthernIron
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by NorthernIron »

Fantastic support and singing from the fans, I hope it comes across loud and clear on telly later.

Certainly didn’t give the home fans the chance to wave those silly cardboard flapper things :lol:
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 97 likes

Post by danm79 »

Haven't looked back so apologies if mentioned but anyone know what happened with Joe Hart?
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: I still see him.
You obviously weren't in Leicester then.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

danm79 wrote:Haven't looked back so apologies if mentioned but anyone know what happened with Joe Hart?
I heard he had a cold. I was surprised as I didn’t think he could catch anything :wink:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

The players could have no complaints about the level of support from the travelling fans today, support they had scarcely earned last weekend, but it was loud and proud from the off.

In turn the supporters were rewarded with considerably more application today than was in evidence last weekend in a game short on quality, and it must be said, opposition .Leicester were, if not on the beach, in the department store buying their summer trunks. Still you can only beat what's in front of you, and we were well worth the win.In fairness the one moment of sheer quality came from our skipper who buried his volley with perfect technique.

Having said that there's no doubt our squad needs massive restructuring, with as many as half of today's starting XI not really up to the job : our league position is an honest reflection of their capabilities.In two short years we have seen our squad descend a dozen places down the league table, and at that rate of decline we could expect to be starting the 2019/20 season in the Championship.

As much as it was heart warming to hear the chants for James Collins to be offered a new deal it was just as worrying that our support rate him as "must keep" at the age of 35 in September.That says as much about the paucity of competition for places as it does the esteem in which Collins is held.

As for the chants of "we are staying up", my heart sank all the way to China .Is this what we sold our home for , is this as good as it gets ? A 2-0 away win to stay in the money league just 7 days before the end of the season .Proud. We "survived" , it's what I always dreamed we would do since I was 7 years old.It's all I ever wanted ..........

Unless I'm very much misjudging the situation we are soon to be looking for a new Manager and backroom staff , we have no head of recruitment, a majority shareholder who thinks he's a Director of Football , a ground many supporters hate, ongoing rows with our landlords, significant division in our support, a reluctance to invest, and, in a world cup year, a bloody short window in which to transform our wafer thin and unbalanced squad.

I'm glad for the 3 points today but seriously, where the hell are we as a football club ?

We are staying up ?

Seriously ?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

^^^^^^

what he said......
ayriron
Has liked: 69 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ayriron »

agree 100% PP
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Yep, all correct, Pinky.
West Ham United under GSB: A relegation waiting to happen..
Samba

Post by Samba »

Puff Daddy wrote:I don't ever want to see Noble and Kouyate wear the West Ham shirt ever again. Other than make up the eleven, just what do they offer, just what do they do ?
Half right today, Puff!
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

I recall the “we are staying up chant” at the end of our 3-2 win against Wigan in 2010. Given our financial situation, and the abominable season that we had witnessed, and the fire sale of so many players to balance the books after the Icelandic deal went south, that was as good as it got. What could you expect with Faubert and Spector as full backs, and Kovac in midfield? 8 years later we are chanting it again. That is after moving home, the purchase of players from clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Lazio, AC and Inter Milan, Juventus, Marseille, the appointment of several managers (including several with Champions League experience), the breaking of record transfer fees on several occasions (Carroll, Ayew, Arnautovic,), some good investment in Championship players (Cresswell & Antonio) and the appointment of Noble as captain.

But like back in 2010 we have a constipated squad, full of underperforming players, who are no longer consistently playing well for the club, and in some cases have the capacity to do so. Out transfer strategy retains echos of 2010 (think of the Mido deal), and a reticence to spend. We are selling players, and not investing the profits fully. We have a very standard spine of a team, with one or two outstanding players, and the rest could easily be interchanged without much notice. We get hammered by both top teams and minors, and rely on the occasional good performance to keep us up.

Look, I’m delighted with the result today. I don’t subscribe to the nonsense that relegation might help us. But I feel we have regressed 8 years, only we are without our spiritual home. An eight year regression is unbelievable, and without remedial work, we will go down. PP has hit on many true points. Tonight is great for the short term, but the long term is anything but certain.
Samba

Post by Samba »

stripeyfox wrote:hey guys. Can't see anything other than you picking up three points against us. We are woeful and have been for some time. We've been playing **** since Christmas but the 5-0 thrashing by Palace was a nice culmination of our poor form.
They seem to have downed tools for Puel, we have significant injuries with little quality cover.
At least the sun should be shining! See you all at the Counting House!
Good call, stripeyfox. You were not wrong!
Samba

Post by Samba »

Kenny wrote: We haven’t played on the break in ages as our possession obsessed manager has us playing sideways and backwards, Vardy is literally a passenger these days.
As for the game, You will never get a better chance of beating us, our midfield is down to the bare bones, Ndidi, Iborra, James are out injured and Andy King is out on loan.
Puel needs a big performance from our players because if he loses this he will be sacked, if you guys come to defend then that may just play in our hands, but with our injuries you need to get at us, you will never get a better chance of beating us.
Again, you got that spot-on, Kenny!
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Said earlier in the week, these were there for the taking, a manger who knows he is going, lost the dressing room and we took full advantage.Defintley right place, right time
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

If West Ham were a boxer right now we’d be price or Derrick chisora... kinda just hanging around whilst Joshua and Bellew get all the attention. At least Haye lost and went down fighting.