Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by MD_HM »

hammerdivone wrote:
Yes if you look. He said after the Chelsea game and the mistake he had a decision to make on the goalkeeper. He dropped Hart when everyone thought he had a contract clause saying if fit he must play.
But he has been worse since coming back into the side and is in the list for most mistakes leading to goals for goalkeepers this season.

There is something fishy going on with Hart

Should have been dropped straight after the Burnley blunder.
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

A great prospect put into a side that in the main is struggling big time,i blame the three stooges for this selling fonte and grabbing the cash as they always do if fonte had played that ball would not have ended up where it did he would have headed it clear.Declan is young and still learning his trade he will make schoolboy errors cos hes a young man but he will learn by this and it will make him a better player and I hope a star in the makeing. :crest:
Mr_incredible
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Mr_incredible »

dont get what the problem is. Moyes is pointing it out as it cost us the game. arsenal were going down blind alleys and we were 10 minutes from a point...which in all honesty would probably have us safe this season. Now as it stands its back to squeeky bum time and the pressure is back on Moyes. Obviously it was a mistake and nobody wants him hung for it....but if you cant see what a ricket it was, your blind. this was joleon lescott at his best....they all make mistakes..even the very best...and bloody hell in this west ham side...hes gonna get asked a lot of questions every week. he'll come through it .....and when hes in a better defence at tottenham next year..wont make anywhere near the same amount of mistakes :clap:
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Mr_incredible wrote:dont get what the problem is.
I think the point is why didn't Moyes come out and comment on Hart's mistakes which cost us points against teams in and around us (must win games) but digs out a young lad against a team we are odd on to lose against everytime we play them?

Why only pick on this one and not all the other crap that's gone on from seniors throughout the year? That's the point in my eyes.
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

StackerJJ wrote: I think the point is why didn't Moyes come out and comment on Hart's mistakes which cost us points against teams in and around us (must win games) but digs out a young lad against a team we are odd on to lose against everytime we play them?

Why only pick on this one and not all the other crap that's gone on from seniors throughout the year? That's the point in my eyes.
Not saying its the correct answer but perhaps the person who's worked day in & day out with the guy for 7 months knows how he will respond to being called out in public & knows that Declan has a growth mindset which will spur him on to do better.

Maybe he wouldn't do it to somebody who doesn't have the same mindset/attitude.

I remember him calling out Arnautovic at the beginning of his reign & look at him now.
StackerJJ

Post by StackerJJ »

Lil Joe 17 wrote:Not saying its the correct answer but perhaps the person who's worked day in & day out with the guy for 7 months knows how he will respond to being called out in public & knows that Declan has a growth mindset which will spur him on to do better.

Maybe he wouldn't do it to somebody who doesn't have the same mindset/attitude.

I remember him calling out Arnautovic at the beginning of his reign & look at him now.
It wasnt him calling out Arnautovic that improved him it was playing him up front and taking away the tracking back part of his game that improved Arnie.

Players like Arnautovic are redundant in our own half, they thrive of beating players and scoring goals, keep him to doing his talking in the opponents half is what improved Arnie not "calling him out".
Lil Joe 17
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Lil Joe 17 »

StackerJJ wrote:It wasnt him calling out Arnautovic that improved him it was playing him up front and taking away the tracking back part of his game that improved Arnie.

Players like Arnautovic are redundant in our own half, they thrive of beating players and scoring goals, keep him to doing his talking in the opponents half is what improved Arnie not "calling him out".
Maybe it wasn't - trying to offer another perspective but unless we know Arnautovic we don't know it wasnt a motivator.

The tactics certainly improved Arnautovic - could have been a combination of both,
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

what improved arnautovic was getting his goal. he was awful before and has been stellar since getting it.

makes you wonder what might have happened with zaza if that overhead kick against sunderland went in.
Mr_incredible
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Mr_incredible »

i think harts mistakes have in general compounded the sh*t show..ie burnley......I guess Stoke...but again he got off because we equalised so late it felt like Moyes tried to take the upside of that result. its difficult for moyes not to comment on it...the whole game hinged on it and it was a complete clusterfu*k of an error...moyes merely stated the bleedin obvious...head it away. if this is all he said then so what....if he went on for 10 minutes about how rice cost us then that would be embarrassing...given how well hes done covering a glaring hole created by the board. Lets not forget 4 weeks ago noise coming out of the club hinted at it being the fans fault we were getting relegated. I guess theres still some culpable people a bit worried still at the club.
goa127
Has liked: 440 likes
Total likes: 290 likes

Post by goa127 »

I have to laugh at people saying if Fonte hadn't been sold he would have headed that away. All I could ever see was people saying how useless Fonte was! Let's be fair, Rice has played really well the last few games, he's made an error which may or may not have cost us a point. I'd be prepared to bet he won't make the same mistake again. I can remember Rio getting caught out a few times, didn't stop him going on to be a top player. That Bobby Moore fella wasn't very good in the air either.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Rice will recover from this. The criticism I think has been taken slightly out of context, as I feel Moyes said a lot more than "he messed up", it was in the context of the overall statement.

Moyes has vested a lot of faith in Rice, and I suspect he will continue to do so.
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 772 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

He was better than John Stones 5 pages ago.

It was just a mistake. They all make them, and Rice has been one of the very few positives we can take from this season. He should be in the team for years to come, in my opinion.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Anyway, its reported in today's Standard that a new contract is under consideration, by way of offer, from the board and that, such is the urgency, they are bringing it forward, to get it done before the end of the season.

(Lanzini also under consideration, but offer of renewed terms not expected until after end of season).
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

StackerJJ wrote: I think the point is why didn't Moyes come out and comment on Hart's mistakes which cost us points against teams in and around us (must win games) but digs out a young lad against a team we are odd on to lose against everytime we play them?

In flashing neon lights.
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

He is going to be a £50m player in no time, he oozes quality.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Vienna wrote:He is going to be a £50m player in no time, he oozes quality.
He definitely will after we've sold him for £12m..
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

^^^^^^^^

yeah probably..but we'll only get 20M and waste it on some 36 year old who used to play for Barcelona (youth team) AC Milan (never off the bench) and then for Manchester City who was then hurt for 2 years with ruptured achilles and a torn ACL on his return.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

This lad is an excellent footballer.
bowltorious
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by bowltorious »

Ive said it before and i'll say it again, potential to be one of the best defenders in the world.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

bowltorious wrote:Ive said it before and i'll say it again, potential to be one of the best defenders in the world.
at least he gets loads of practice here.........

(and more likely won't be a world class player here...for long...)